• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripods

John B.

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2020
Hi guys,

I’m looking to get into hog hunting and shooting on the ground with a blind; I want to buy a tripod, but I’m unsure which to look at. Do they make any with picatinny rail attachments? Seems to me like it’d be a step above one’s that just clamp around the rifle, but then again I never used one. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

P.S. My rifle is a heavy sob, seekins sp10 with the Vortex Razor ll 4x scope

Best regards, John

Hi guys,

I’m looking to get into hog hunting and shooting on the ground with a blind; I want to buy a tripod, but I’m unsure which to look at. Do they make any with picatinny rail attachments? Seems to me like it’d be a step above one’s that just clamp around the rifle, but then again I never used one. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

P.S. My rifle is a heavy sob, seekins sp10 with the Vortex Razor ll 4x scope

Best regards, John
I have a Fatboy tripod and Fatboy invert ball head. Have not had a chance to use it yet but initial impressions is it’s going to be a fairly substantial upgrade from my pig saddle and pig tripod combo. The invert ball head will accept pic rail or arca. Also Fatboy offers lifetime warranty.

Reactions: John B.
I'm going to get an Anvil 30, mostly for my Tikka UPR hunting rifle which has a narrow forestock. I'd rather put a narrow picatinny on it instead of ARCA, but can anyone comment if the picatinny is about as stable as the ACRA once clamped into the Anvil 30?

I use both picatinny and arca rails mounted in the anvil 30 but a good heavy bag on top of the tripod without locking in is just as stable, you might want to try one out before spending a bunch of cash

I'm going to get an Anvil 30, mostly for my Tikka UPR hunting rifle which has a narrow forestock. I'd rather put a narrow picatinny on it instead of ARCA, but can anyone comment if the picatinny is about as stable as the ACRA once clamped into the Anvil 30?
YES for positional shooting no diff

Reactions: DurangoAl
I use both picatinny and arca rails mounted in the anvil 30 but a good heavy bag on top of the tripod without locking in is just as stable, you might want to try one out before spending a bunch of cash
Thanks, I'm carrying it all into the Rockies for deer/elk, so am hoping to get stabile, but light

May as well go for Leofoto or Innorel since Two Vets is just as Chinese as them. They're Chinese tripods marked up for tactical branding.
I thought the same but when I compared my innorel to 2vets the quick lock 1/4 turn would be worth it in its own.Also it was lighter than my innorel as well. You can actually reach the owner of the company also which is huge if you need parts. I plan on getting RRS 24l myself and keeping the innorel for spotting at the range.

I have a fatboy traverse with their invert 60 ball head and a fatboy elevate with the rrs anvil 30 head. Both are acra/pic attachment heads. These tripods are rock solid!!

I thought the same but when I compared my innorel to 2vets the quick lock 1/4 turn would be worth it in its own.Also it was lighter than my innorel as well. You can actually reach the owner of the company also which is huge if you need parts. I plan on getting RRS 24l myself and keeping the innorel for spotting at the range.

Call them up some time. They’re really nice guys who stand behind their product and can help you if needed. Nowhere near buying the same thing even if some parts came from the same place