• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tritium upgrade for Troy BUIS questions

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Does anybody make just the tritium sights that are inexpensive and will install into the standard Troy BUIS (Front and rear).
I checked out Troy Industries and they have the upgrade and I thought they were a little pricy for what they were but I may wrong on that.... (Manufacturing cost and supply & demand can alter an objects cost). Info or somebody that has an extra set laying around would be appreciated.........SmokeRolls

Re: Tritium upgrade for Troy BUIS questions

The Troy front sights that I have seen use the standard A2 sight posts which means all you need to do is remove the post and replace it with a tritium unit.

Check here:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=227768

There are other options available out there...you'll just have to check around. I agree with you that Troy's $55-60 upgrade is a little ridiculous!

Thanks ORD,....Any more suggestions guys.....
SmokeRolls

I run troys and use the tritium sites also, simply replace the front post is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run troys and use the tritium sites also, simply replace the front post is all.</div></div>
Isn't that hard to get your bearing on the rear site (If it's not glowing)? I don't know......Never tried that....
SmokeRolls