• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TROS custom work on .45acp FA

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Every now and again we read here about folks looking for good adapters and other custom threading work. There are a number of excellent resources to get the work done. I use TROS exclusively. Aside from great execution, Mark simply has done decades of this work and has seen it all and has the grey matter to handle the odd and exotic. He also is fully capable of saying "no" and has on occasion, saving me the embarrassment of learning what he already knew.

I recently asked him to Twin Twist a new .45 barrel on a FA rig. I wanted the ability to use both a large volume and low volume can on the same barrel. Mark produced a blind muzzle thread job that not only properly shouldered on the 2nd tier, but had the right crown coverage for protection as well as the right diameter and length to stabilize the high volume can. He also created a static mount for the low volume can as one should not use a Neilson when shooting FA. Nice work all the way around.

For those that are interested, he can be found here:
http://trosusa.com/

2tops.jpg

static.jpg

threads.jpg

thread-1.jpg

fulrig2.jpg

Re: TROS custom work on .45acp FA

I'll second your statement about the quality of Mark's work.
I didn't feel that the Jarvis barrel had a fast enough twist to stabilize subsonic bullets, so I got a 1 in 9.843" twist factory threaded Glock barrel and asked him to make me a female M13.5x1LH to male 1/2x32 adapter for my AWC Abraxas suppressor that doesn't have interchangeable pistons.
At first I thought that it was indexing on the part of the barrel behind the threads, and not on the muzzle like the M13.5x1LH drawing specifies.
However, it's been held to such a close tolerance at the aft part that it appears to seat against it, but doesn't.
He's been very busy lately, and I waited for about four months to receive it, but it's well worth it.

IMG_0579-small.JPG

Re: TROS custom work on .45acp FA

His 9mm AR barrels are top notch, as well. I won't mention the groups my 9mm SBR's shoot at distance, 'cause you'll call me a liar or wanna see pics, but the only ammo I found they didn't shoot great is the 158 Fiocchi. They love every version of the WW 147 subsonic...RA9T, Bonded, FMJ, etc.