• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trouble Contacting F4 Defense

mxnyk160

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys, I've only posted one other time here so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I bought a SF-10 from F4 Defense a couple years ago and its been a great gun with the limited rounds I have put through it. Right now it has a 20 inch barrel on it so I was hoping to buy a stripped upper from them so I could build a 14.5 upper so I could use the rifle in more situations vs buying another gun and everything to go with it. The problem is I can't seem to get ahold of anyone at F4. I have tried the phone, text (the owner I think) both email addresses I have, and the contact form on their website. None of their social media seems to have been updated since late last year from what I can tell. Did something happen?

I don’t know about their current situation, but communication with them was hit and miss after I ordered a rifle from them in November 2019. Looking at their Instagram and Facebook pages, their last posts were mid-November 2022.

Going off their site, it looks like they only sell receivers for AR-15s. If you don’t want to build, you might be better off looking into one of the other small frame rifles or .308 AR pistols that are being produced.

Reactions: msgriff
I don’t know about their current situation, but communication with them was hit and miss after I ordered a rifle from them in November 2019. Looking at their Instagram and Facebook pages, their last posts were mid-November 2022.

Going off their site, it looks like they only sell receivers for AR-15s. If you don’t want to build, you might be better off looking into one of the other small frame rifles or .308 AR pistols that are being produced.
In the past I was able to email or text Dave (owner maybe?) and get a response pretty quick. He did tell me at the end of last year that he had stepped away from day to day operations at the shop. Do you happen to know of anyone that sells a stripped upper or something around a 14.5in barrel upper in 6.5 creed?

*If* I remember correctly, the F4 Defense rifles are DPMS G2 patterned. You could try to find a donor rifle, but you might be better off deciding which barrel length you really want and sticking with it for this rifle vs. trying to swap uppers around.

On the plus side, Craddock Precision sells DPMS G2 barrels made from Bartlein blanks. If you decided to buy another barrel, you should be in good shape buying one of theirs. You might give them a call, tell them your situation, and see what they recommend. I don’t build, so that’s probably the best advice I could give you.

Reactions: msgriff
Yes its G2 pattern. I have an email out to Adams arms since they make a couple models on the same platform. It's a 1/2 moa rifle with a good shooter behind it so I don't really want to trash that barrel. Buying a second upper sounded like a good plan but since the parts aren't readily available it may end up costing me too much to be cost effective. I appreciate your help, Thank You!

Reactions: Coffee_and_Pipes