• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trouble with an FFL

Midgetcatcher

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
ETA; thank you all for the advice. I cancelled the charge, PSA can go retrieve their gun since I never filled out paperwork or touched it. They actually had the same rifle back on sale again, so I reordered and shipped to a new FFL.

Looking for some input, and to see if anyone has dealt with this kind of nonsense before.

On 1Sept, I placed an order for a rifle from PSA. Several days later the rifle ships, and arrives to my selected FFL on 7Sept. I have not used this FFL before, but they were on PSA's preferred list and they're close to my house, so I figured what the hell. FFL Contacts me that afternoon and says there may be a potential discrepancy with the rifle that was sent. They explain that the rifle description does not match what is stamped on the receiver of the rifle. I question them on it, and the physical description of the rifle matches what I ordered, and they state the serial numbers match from firearm to paperwork. They want to contact PSA to verify, I say sure go for it.

The next day, the FFL contacts me and states that they spoke to PSA, and PSA is asking that the rifle be sent back to them, and to not transfer it to me. Okay fair enough. PSA emails both myself and the FFL a copy of the return orders AND the UPS shipping label on 8Sept. On 12Sept I contact the FFL and inquire about the shipping status, I was told that it was handed over directly to the owner of the shop to ship out, and that he had shipped it. I asked that they follow up with him, because the UPS label is still only showing "created", not received by UPS.

Several days later I check in with PSA, they do not have the rifle. I contact the FFL, get the same story. A couple of days ago, 21Sept, I contact PSA, they still do not have the rifle, and verify what I am seeing that the label still shows "created" and not received by UPS. I call the FFL again to inquire because PSA said ultimately there isn't a lot they can do in this scenario. FFL tells me that they will check with the owner of the shop and inquire about the status, but again tells me what they've said this whole time; it was boxed appropriately, return label attached, and given to the owner of the shop who would ship it. Fast forward today, I left them a message to call me back (they are open on Saturdays) several hours ago, no dice.

At this point, I'm about to cancel the charge on my credit card and take it up further with PSA. What I'm wondering from any of you who are FFLs, or have dealt with shady FFLs, is it time to contact the ATF field office in my area, or am I just being a whiny troll?

Last edited:
What was the issue with the rifle that they couldn’t just transfer it to you if it’s what you ordered? It makes no sense.

PSA is the one who wanted the rifle back and shipped out whatever they did so it’s their problem. Good luck dealing with them though, they sent me the wrong parts, said they’d ship the right ones, never did, and then said they weren’t going to. Fuck PSA.

I’d just get my money back since you have plenty of evidence in the emails that they shipped the wrong thing and wanted it back so you’re without your product. Then I’d go buy something else from another company that aren’t cocksuckers.

Cancel the payment and let PSA get their rifle back. There's plenty of documentation that you never had possession. At this point, the GPS tracking in your phone can prove you never went to the store

Reactions: doubloon
FFL Contacts me that afternoon and says there may be a potential discrepancy with the rifle that was sent. They explain that the rifle description does not match what is stamped on the receiver of the rifle. I question them on it, and the physical description of the rifle matches what I ordered, and they state the serial numbers match from firearm to paperwork.
If this is a legit post then you are a moron for not just physically going down to the FFL and looking at the rifle to confirm if it was or wasn't what you ordered or at the very least had them take a quick pic and text or email it to you.

Haha, wow this is my first post, haha. As someone said, yes I am a bit of an idiot for not having the FFL show it to me. Canceling the charge is the route I'm going to take, and as has been suggested, since I never took possession of it at any point, let it be their problem. I promise I'm not actually with the alphabet bois hahahaha

Reactions: Im2bent
I gotta ask
Are you a midget baseball catcher or do you specialize in catching midget bail jumpers?
I specialize in catching wild midgets. Mostly a pest control kind of thing. Rooting around in your garden, living under your house, banging your wife, etc etc.

Joined in 2019 and this is the first thing you posted???

I'd just get up from your desk, walk down the hall to a different office in the ATF building... and ask one of them to take care of it for ya! If you bring a donut, they will be more likely to help.

Sirhr
The first thing I did was pull down the join date.

What the hell does this mean? The owner is not the ffl? They handed the rifle to a third party?

I'd guess that the owner takes care of all shipping and has some excuse for not having the time to get it done. The rifle is probably sitting in a back room with a stack of other things that need to be shipped. The $50 fee is not worth a special trip to the post office. Ohh wait, he hasn't made a dime for this transaction so.... really not important to him

Just be sure to use this same FFL guy for all of your future needs. Make sure all of your friends and associates know what great service you have received and recommend using that shop for all of their FFL type transactions. Tell them to let all of their friends know and that they, in turn, should let all of their friends know just what great service and how great a pleasure your every experience has been.

Just be sure to use this same FFL guy for all of your future needs. Make sure all of your friends and associates know what great service you have received and recommend using that shop for all of their FFL type transactions. Tell them to let all of their friends know and that they, in turn, should let all of their friends know just what great service and how great a pleasure your every experience has been.
Oh, hands down, this is my new go to FFL. Absolutely can’t wait to use them again. Just frothing at the vagina for the opportunity.

I'd guess that the owner takes care of all shipping and has some excuse for not having the time to get it done. The rifle is probably sitting in a back room with a stack of other things that need to be shipped. The $50 fee is not worth a special trip to the post office. Ohh wait, he hasn't made a dime for this transaction so.... really not important to him
That’s probably the most likely scenario. His front desk people think he’s shipped it, and it’s bouncing around on the back seat of his truck as he goes by the UPS store to get to his house everyday.

I question them on it, and the physical description of the rifle matches what I ordered,
This is the part where you should have said...... "Guys yes it sounds like the rifle is the one I ordered I will be down there shortly to fill out my 4473 and take possession of it"

This is the part where you should have said...... "Guys yes it sounds like the rifle is the one I ordered I will be down there shortly to fill out my 4473 and take possession of it"
So I actually told them that, that it sounded exactly like what I ordered, but I was told they wanted to call PSA during their business hours to be sure. The next morning bright and early is when they called me and said PSA was requesting they send it back.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I’m holding back from putting them on blast, I’d hate to trash someone’s name and it turn to actually be UPS or something stupid. But if I find out they are up to bull shit I will happily post their name.
I dont think youd be blasting anyone, might even help you solve your issue. Small community. I mean no issue with putting PSA out there, right?

I dont think youd be blasting anyone, might even help you solve your issue. Small community. I mean no issue with putting PSA out there, right?
Fair enough, but I just don’t see PSA as having been at fault in this. They sent a firearm, FFL reported a possible issue, PSA said send it back here’s the label, we’ll sort it out.

It was the FFL. They finally shipped it yesterday, never returning my calls. I don’t know what the deal was, but UPS finally got the package. American Pawn on government street in Baton Rouge is the FFL.

Reactions: 101st and Im2bent
It was the FFL. They finally shipped it yesterday, never returning my calls. I don’t know what the deal was, but UPS finally got the package. American Pawn on government street in Baton Rouge is the FFL.
Them dang cajuns.