• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trouble with Timney in AICS?

JerkeeJoe

Sergeant
Banned !
Jun 5, 2006
Las Vegas
I picked up a new Timney trigger for my 5R to replace the x-mark. I installed it, and bolted the chassis back on, but the saftey won't engage (I can't put the gun on safe). Anyone else have this problem? If this is a known issue, what triggers assemblies will drop into an AICS without mods? Thanks.

Joe

Re: Trouble with Timney in AICS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JerkeeJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a new Timney trigger for my 5R to replace the x-mark. I installed it, and bolted the chassis back on, but the saftey won't engage (I can't put the gun on safe). Anyone else have this problem? If this is a known issue, what triggers assemblies will drop into an AICS without mods? Thanks.

Joe </div></div>

Yes! Had the same problem with my 300 win mag when I drop the Timney trigger in the AICS. If you take your action out of the stock and engage the safety, you will see that there is a little protruding part pushes out when the safety is on. This "little" nub prevents the safety from being completely engaged. I introduced it to Mr. Dremel and everything is fine after that. I can't take credit for that. USMCj was very helpful to point out the problem to me a while back. Good luck

It would have been a huge pain in the ass to sit and try to figure out what was hitting. I appreciate the help.

Yah, it took me a while before I realized it was somethign as small as that pin, I just couldnt get my head around it, then I engadged the safety wile looking at that side of the trigger and the lightbulb in my head lit up.

Glad it worked out for you.

Just for the record...the jewell trigger has a similar problem...There is plenty of metal on the aics I took mine to a machine shop and had them mill out a tiny little bit. They were interested in the rifle and stock...hadn't seen anything like it. We BS'd more than anything and in the end all they asked for was a $20.

Well you could have saved that $20, and did the smart thing by moddifing the lease expensive part, the trigger pins.

AICS1.jpg

Problem: solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you could have saved that $20, and did the smart thing by moddifing the lease expensive part, the trigger pins. </div></div>

Not with a Jewell, it has a whole other issue in the AICS and the stock needs the mod.

I have a Badger 2008 action in an AICS 2.0, I bought a timney trigger pushed the pins in, had no issues with the safety.

The one thing I had to modify was the for the width of the trigger shoe, I trimmed a little off both sides of the skins and there she was, working perfect.