• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Troubleshooting my aim

jbpick86

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2024
Mississippi
I have a rifle I have just recently picked back up after a couple years. I had two very bad misses at deer less than 100 yards. Thought the scope must be off so I went to sight it in. Started at 100 yards. First group was a little loose (out of practice) but fit in a 5 inch circle. The next three shots were touching, one foot low and one foot to the right. My dad was with me, he puts two shots right in the middle of the bullseye. I move up to 75 yards and start adjusting my head on the stock. I am spraying all over the target, but I'm at least in a 9in of the center.

Long story short, I ordered a case of cartridges to try to put in work with the gun but I'm looking for advice on where to start and how? I'm still dead on with my other 2 rifles so I am just baffled.

Might want to try Relaxing a little more... 3 breaths, clear your mind.. After you have done some yoga in those stretchy pants and put your hair in a manbun .... Should be feeling real good about this time.. Then send me the gun and I will take real good care of it.

Pm me for the address. Ill cover shipping (y)

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 6.23.03 AM.png

Super helpful responses. Thanks.

Just going to swap scopes and see if that's the issue. It's not a pulling issue. I took two other rifles and proved that it isn't. Also no one pulls consistently enough that they put five shots together that can fit under their thumb.

Can't imagine a parallax issue that close. At least not that big of a difference. The only think that changed in order to bring the shot group to center was cheek placement.

I will rephrase the question, anyone seen that much bias in a scope at 100yds and under?