• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns TRP concealed carry

Re: TRP concealed carry

I actually do sometimes carry my TRP concealed. I use an in-the-pants holster under a Tommy Bahama. It works ok, but a trained eye would notice it, especially if you bend/turn the wrong way. Under a coat or jacket it's fine.

I run one in a Rusty Sherrick Gochenour Extreme High Ride (hides well, if high, but really, really needs to be battened down on the belt) and a Kramer IWB #3 (pretty decent for a Summer Special type) in horsehide. The TRP will only hide but so much (and a bob hides better), as was observed, and you might want to think about having the edge of the magwell smoothed out and rounded just ever so slightly to reduce shirt and jacket wear-out. It's a bit rough, but that's what you get at a price point beyond entry level but less than designer custom.

You need to be careful sitting down so that you don't draw your garments tightly against the butt of the pistol. Eventually, you will experience little holes here and there at 8 or 4pm on some of your stuff, but we're talking day in day out for months at a time wear.

I carry mine daily in a cheap IWB uncle mikes #5 i think. I'm a bigger guy with some extra fat to help hide the printing. I have noticed a good many holes at 3:30 or so in my t-shirts from the gun and the truck seat belt pinching holes. But I an live with it. I cant my rig a good bit to keep the girp printing or pulging out. But like I said the extra wieght helps me conceal it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to be careful sitting down so that you don't draw your garments tightly against the butt of the pistol. Eventually, you will experience little holes here and there at 8 or 4pm on some of your stuff, but we're talking day in day out for months at a time wear. </div></div>

+1 The TRP isn't ideal for daily carry, unless you're wearing a jacket or better yet, a parka. You do have to be aware of how you sit etc. Certainly more comforting having that on my hip instead of my little .380 though.

Check out the Garret Holster Silent THunder OWB. I have it for my Sig 1911 with VZ grips and it works great

I just ordered a Galco V-Hawk IWB Holster for my TRP. Hopefully it performs well !

Craig,
If you are still following this, check out milt sparks summer special, the blackhawk summer holster(has a full inside guard that keeps the hammer and beavertail away from you), the galco copy(royal guard holster), and/or crossbreed inside the waistband tuckable holster. Inside a baggy t-shirt or polo I carry mine just fine, and so do others out here that you know. It may require a small wardrobe or style adjustment if you are a "tucked in" guy normally, but the crossbreed allows you to tuck over the gun even. The galco king tuck carries well but I have had "death trap" issues with it and cannot carry it. Some individuals stature makes it easier to carry full size as well gents. For some a 5" 1911 is like carrying a g-26 for the others.

I carry mine every day in a Brigade IWB. It is what it is. If you want to carry a 40oz pistol, you have to make some comfort/clothing sacrifices.

The Brigade works really well, but I also liked the Mitch Rosen ARG I used before I got the Brigade.

I don't carry a full size 1911 anymore, but they do conceal nicely, although they're very heavy. I carry an EMP now.