• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s truck buying

Chaps5800

Here am I, Send Me! Is 6:8
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2020
Texas
So I am going to be in the market for a truck soon. I am returning after a 10 month deployment and sold my Ram before I left. I have been at sea so pretty out of touch with the market. Obviously some internet some times, but is the market still completely crazy? I heard rumor that Chevy and Ford were forced to stop truck production until they met some B.S. EV quota?

Any thought or advice to current trends in the pick-up world would be appreciated.
Ideally I want a 3/4 or 1 ton, I live on a little acreage and have projects to get back to and if I can find the right truck it will be with me a while. I am looking to retire from the military and don't plan to buy again for a while.

thanks,
chaps

Good luck.

Around here in midwest (iowa des moines area), new 3/4 chevy are going for MSRP, ~ $50,000 for work truck, and this dealer only have 4 coming in from factory. The LTZ is going for ~ $65,000.

The used vehicles are as bad. A 3/4 ram with 42,000 miles are starting at ~ $49,000. That was the best I could find at another dealer.

You probably can find a better deal, but don't be surprised if you have to really look around.

Good luck.

Around here in midwest (iowa des moines area), new 3/4 chevy are going for MSRP, ~ $50,000 for work truck, and this dealer only have 4 coming in from factory. The LTZ is going for ~ $65,000.

The used vehicles are as bad. A 3/4 ram with 42,000 miles are starting at ~ $49,000. That was the best I could find at another dealer.

You probably can find a better deal, but don't be surprised if you have to really look around.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I thought it might get better in the 10 Months I have been gone. But I don't know why I am surprised by anything now days! Might buy a beater until after elections, LOL

A family member ordered a new F350 SD about a year and a half ago. It was going to take about a year to come in. The dealer offered him $8000 to NOT take delivery because they were that far behind and desperate. He took the truck since he needed it for his business.

I know some people need a vehicle right now, but if youre buying a new vehicle right now because you "want" one, you deserve the ass raping you get.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I know some people need a vehicle right now, but if youre buying a new vehicle right now because you "want" one, you deserve the ass raping you get.
It doesn't have to be new! I don't have to have certain make either. I would drive Dodge, Chevy, Ford, International, KW, Mack...LOL