• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes True parallax not in focus?

Nathantc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 20, 2020
Just picked up a vortex strike eagle. 5-25x56
On maxe power (25) i can get a crystal clear site picture but when i do, its not in true parallax. Parallax knob goes from 15-500-infinity. At 200 yards its at infinity before its clear. Below 500 it starts to get fuzzy and dead on 200 there is no parallax issue but its blurry to the point of unusable. I have perfect vision and always have the eye focus turned all the way in on every scope ive ever owned. Tried playing with that and all it does is make the reticle unusable as well. Is there something im missing, or did i get a dud.

Was hoping this would be a cheap optic to get my 300 PRC in use until i can pony up for a MK5HD.
At $700 i feel this is total BS. I have a 24x amazon special that was only $40 that works better. I have serious buyers remorse at the moment. I knew i should not have bout another vortex. Just a glorified BSA, at least everyone i've had experience with. Got talked into giving them a try again and well. Here we are... Is there something i'm missing that may solve this, or is it a send back and hope they get it corrected type of thing.

So one thing that stands out right away: "I have perfect vision and always have the eye focus turned all the way in on every scope ive ever owned."
If your vision is perfect it would be near centered, that adjustment is a diopter.

Proper method to adjust it is here:

So assuming you do have it adjusted properly and you can't get proper target focus/parallax adjustment at range then it sounds like you got a dud. Contact Vortex and RMA it. FWIW a friend had a similar issue with same model out of the box, no way no how could you get it to focus on target at 500 yards or more.

So one thing that stands out right away: "I have perfect vision and always have the eye focus turned all the way in on every scope ive ever owned."
If your vision is perfect it would be near centered, that adjustment is a diopter.

Proper method to adjust it is here:

So assuming you do have it adjusted properly and you can't get proper target focus/parallax adjustment at range then it sounds like you got a dud. Contact Vortex and RMA it. FWIW a friend had a similar issue with same model out of the box, no way no how could you get it to focus on target at 500 yards or more.
never had issues like this with any other optic. Parallax as bad a 3MOA in the reticle on 25x at 200 yards with a perfectly clear sight picture and reticle with the parallax setting turned all the way to the stop on infinity. Dial back down to 200 on the dial (i know these number are rarely accurate) its parallax free about a millimeter above 200. But the image is so blurry i can barely make out the telephone pole im looking at. Half tempted to adjust the objective lense and focus it to see if that fixes it. Same way you would set parallax on a non adjustable optic. Warranty or not, i'm not looking forward to any sort of waiting game.

ok odd false alarm (i think).
took the scope out again, set it on the handrail of my porach. set the parallax on the 200 mark. looked at the same telephone pole as before, and voila, its crystal clear and everything is in focus. Idk maybe to many hours working in the sun the day i picked it up. Eye fatigue? If that is a thing. Idk, just hope its not a future warning sign that my vision is at risk.