• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trued and blueprinted 700 action what's it worth?

mattp8893

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
So I won a trued and blue printed 700 action (no trigger) haven't actually seen it I'll pick it up from my smith next weekend. I have no need for it right now and no idea what it's really worth. It's left handed anyone know a good asking price? The ones I've seen for sale on line are 600-650 but come with the factory trigger as well any input would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends, in theory if you take a $400 action and dump $500 worth of gunsmithing into it you have a $900 action. The cost to replicate it. This is why most folks advocate buying a custom action from the get go... you'll spend the same money bringing a Remington up to speed.

That's for brand new stuff. Most items I've seen sell on here, with few exceptions, take around a 30% hit for used stuff. So your $900 action is unlikely to get many bites before the price hits about $630.

Some products hold value better, the quality and reputation of the smith doing the work would be a factor.

Well ptg is selling a blueprinted 700 with upgraded bolt for 400. If yours has different threads precluding it from the remage systems I would say that actually lowers the value in comparison but I bet you could command 500 on the market from those who aren't aware of that one particular sale.

Well ptg is selling a blueprinted 700 with upgraded bolt for 400. If yours has different threads precluding it from the remage systems I would say that actually lowers the value in comparison but I bet you could command 500 on the market from those who aren't aware of that one particular sale.

You have a link? I'm not seeing that on their site...

Who did the work?

Submoafirearms did the work. I have no idea how their work is it was a drawing on instagram I entered and forgot about and a couple weeks later was notified I won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk