• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trued Remington 700 (2 barrels) with McMillan A-5

PaganSnake

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2018
Hello Hide,

Up for grabs is a remmy 700 SA with mag bolt face (I was told that LRI blue printed the action but I can not verify as I am not the original owner of this gun), Jewell trigger (currently set at ~1lb), sitting in a bedded A5 non adjustable stock (Manners paint scheme). Currently the barrel is an LRI 300WSM 26" barrel (I believe the twist is 1:10) with blended break on it. I also have a 6mm Creedmoor 1-7 twist Criterion barrel (300rounds) for sale with it, comes with everything pictured (bipod is a caldwell, not sure what the rail is but its a 20MOA and has a nice foam adjustable cheekrest/DOPE holder). Total package price is $1300 (which is what I paid for the gun without the second barrel).

I originally bought this rifle for elk hunting (from another member on this forum), I've had difficulty working up a load for this barrel that will hold under 2MOA. When I bought this rifle I was told the barrel has ~600 rounds through it and I've put another 120 through it trying to work up a load I'm happy with, I have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure if the barrel is shot out or if I'm impatient with my reloading. None the less I'm heading on my elk trip mid Oct and don't have time to mess due to procrastination so I bought a RPR 338L enstead.

My plan was to re-barrel this with the 6mm barrel pictured and throw a SA 308 bolt in there and sell it (as I already have a competition 6mm Creed and I dont need another one) but I figured I would just see if there is any interest in the package deal instead. Prime candidate for a 6.5PRC build, you could just buy a barrel nut and a SA bolt and have a nice shooting 6mm creed - or you could try your luck with the 300wsm barrel on it and have an extra 6mm creed barrel.

Anyway let me know if there are any questions, this is a very nice light rifle weighing in at about 10lbs as pictured. I actually really like this rifle, but I no longer have any use for it. I will also put the 6mm barrel on it for you if you'd prefer and send grouping pics, but it will cost you an extra 200 for the SA bolt.

Would be willing to consider an optic as trade (vortex razor or Leopold mark 5).

Attachments

• IMG_5933.jpg
    IMG_5933.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5935.jpg
    IMG_5935.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5937.jpg
    IMG_5937.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 133
Barrel nut on an LRI trued action?? Were the threads not trued? If they were, a remage barrel/nut setup will not work....

Last edited:
Unsure, haven’t taken the barrel off of it. Even if the threads were trued there’s no reason you couldn't still run a remage barrel on it. Generally the threads are just cut just enough to ensure that there is better surface area contact on the connection, not re-threaded persay.

I’ve had several requests to part out - I’m not opposed to parting out. Just make me an offer on what you want and I will amend the post to reflect what is still available.

Unsure, haven’t taken the barrel off of it. Even if the threads were trued there’s no reason you couldn't still run a remage barrel on it. Generally the threads are just cut just enough to ensure that there is better surface area contact on the connection, not re-threaded persay.

That is not correct. Truing action threads consists of them being single point cut till they are concentric to the bolt raceway. You keep cutting till they are concentric. The amount varies from action to action. A remage barrel will not work after this is done. Tenon on the new barrel is threaded to match the newly cut/trued threads

Ill pass

That is not correct. Truing action threads consists of them being single point cut till they are concentric to the bolt raceway. You keep cutting till they are concentric. The amount varies from action to action. A remage barrel will not work after this is done. Tenon on the new barrel is threaded to match the newly cut/trued threads

Ill pass

Good deal partner, I appreciate your feedback. Again I’m unsure if the threads were trued or not as I have not taken the barrel off so your flaming could be moot regardless. I have personally put remage barrels on trued actions and shot lights out. So thanks again buddy I appreciate your feedback ??

Good deal partner, I appreciate your feedback. Again I’m unsure if the threads were trued or not as I have not taken the barrel off so your flaming could be moot regardless. I have personally put remage barrels on trued actions and shot lights out. So thanks again buddy I appreciate your feedback ??

Take it as you want, nobody is flaming. I ask questions about items I'm interested in. If that makes you angry tough.

Questions about your for sale item where the information is not present? No. Your talking to a mod

Good for you, flaming is still flaming. Your comments could have negative effects on the sale of my items and are based on your personal opinion, that’s flaming. So again thanks for you feedback, move along.

If it was their Tier 2 blueprinting, then the threads were left alone for remage barrels.

From LRI’s website:

C914C8BD-0D0F-40E0-8724-A9EBD5053BA1.png

Reactions: PaganSnake
Exactly....

When something is fact its not personal opinion. Good luck there big guy
Good deal! Let me know if you change your mind and decide you’d like to buy an item instead of flaming it!

The FACT is even if the threads were made concentric there is a very high likelihood that it would still run a remage barrel. How about you put your money where your mouth is if your not flaming? I’ll throw a remage barrel on it right now and go shoot a sub MOA group.. if not then we’ll talk to ya later

Good deal! Let me know if you change your mind and decide you’d like to buy an item instead of flaming it!

The FACT is even if the threads were made concentric there is a very high likelihood that it would still run a remage barrel. How about you put your money where your mouth is if your not flaming? I’ll throw a remage barrel on it right now and go shoot a sub MOA group.. if not then we’ll talk to ya later

Bud your statements show your lack and understanding of gunsmithing. Call Chad @ LRI and ask him why he offers a Tier 2 truing package where he doesnt touch the threads "so customers can still use remage barrels" and a Tier 1 where.threads are trued. 1 1/16-16 is Rem700/Remag threads. They arent 1 1/16-16 anymore when you open them up. Little something called thread engagement. You want to blow your face off be my guest. If you knew what you were talking about you would see how stupid you sound.

I have a trued Rem700 right here and Nope remage would not be fired on it. Not in front of my face.

You'll go throw a Remage barrel on what? The action you said you dont know if the threads were trued or not??