• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns TRUGLO Brite-Site Tritium for Glock 32

Triggerhappy

General Nuscience
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2009
    Calif., MO
    While setting in the theater watching Iron Man 3 last week with three teen age kids in front of my saying boy I hope no one comes in here and kills us. I first thought to myself hell I'm good with my 357 Sig Glock 32, but then I got to thinking man it is awful dark in here and I don't have night sights on my gun well shit!, I need new sights. After doing a bit of research I like the Truglo's but it says all the small and med framed guns use a .65 sight and the G32 uses a .69 like the 45's and 10mm's (WTF)?

My question is does anyone know why? and is there a reason I cannot use the shorter sight?

Maybe something to do with design and recoil but not sure. What I do know is that I put a set of Truglo TFO sights on my latest Glock 20 and I am thinking about tossing them in the trash. Sure they look good when you put them on but cleaning them is a PITA as most gun cleaning solvents will dull them. Mine got some gun scrubber on them and now they are barely visible. In the middle of trying other solutions to return them to their former glory but the design of the sight is not conducive to a firearm that may be exposed to any type of dirty conditions. May go back to a set of Trijicon's that can handle regular gun cleaning solvents without damage.

The other reason I would steer clear of the truglow sights is the length of the front sight and only having the one hole at the far end toward the muzzle makes keeping the sight totally straight and tight on difficult. I couldn't get the front sight on my 23 to sit still even with Loctite. Stick to either the standard Trijicon night sights or the XS combat big dot sights.

I have changed my thinking I never liked the length of the Truglo's and I am now leaning toward the Ameriglo Pro I-Dot that I had not really paid attention to before. Thanks for the input it just confirmed my concerns with it.