• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Truing banded BC

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    As the title suggests. I'm looking for tried & trued methods of trueing banded BC specifically in Streloc Pro.
    Background:
    My LR/ELR rifle runs the 225ELDM from a LHGT 9.5-8.75 chrony'd @ 2965fps.
    I primarily use CB & have my ELR dope right on. Tested from freezing to 90° sea level to 5000' asl.
    But my short range dope is way off high. So I made another track running my MV up to 3000fps & bumping the BC well above the posted BC from Hornady. But it is now very close.
    So I'm giving Streloc Pro with multiple BC a try.
    So far just checking the 2 programs they are very close out to 500yds but they begin to diverge from there out.
    How would you recommend truing?
    My thought is to leave the 1st BC alone & true the 2nd band, then the 3rd band. But I'll bet it won't be as simple as that.
    What say you?

Reactions: 338dude
    When using the multiBC (banded) function in Strelok the built in truing function will only work with velocity, it will give an error message if you select the BC method. This applies to the old and new (3 distance mode) truing functions.

Also the 3 distance mode does NOT work like Kestrel's DSF, if you entered say 4.8 mils for 836 yards as you shortest known good dope, then two further out with observed drops, it will still readjust the entire curve and change your known good 4.8 mils and closer.

You can play with the individual BC's by hand but it is a bit tedious since have to flip between screens. Keep good notes on paper to keep things straight.

Reactions: 338dude
    I fiddled with the banded BCs. Shot at 735yd, 1440, & 1800 but couldn't get the track to line up. I couldn't even get what I thought was overly large changes to make even .1 mil difference to the predicted dope. I gave up. Guess I'll just run a couple of tracks for different ranges in CB.

As the title suggests. I'm looking for tried & trued methods of trueing banded BC specifically in Streloc Pro.
    Background:
    My LR/ELR rifle runs the 225ELDM from a LHGT 9.5-8.75 chrony'd @ 2965fps.
    I primarily use CB & have my ELR dope right on. Tested from freezing to 90° sea level to 5000' asl.
    But my short range dope is way off high. So I made another track running my MV up to 3000fps & bumping the BC well above the posted BC from Hornady. But it is now very close.
    So I'm giving Streloc Pro with multiple BC a try.
    So far just checking the 2 programs they are very close out to 500yds but they begin to diverge from there out.
    How would you recommend truing?
    My thought is to leave the 1st BC alone & true the 2nd band, then the 3rd band. But I'll bet it won't be as simple as that.
    What say you?