• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Klemm

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
I am .1 mill low at 1000 yards. Do I true BC now , or, shoot at 500 and adjust my FPS first

Last edited:
First, do you have an accurate velocity from a good chrono you can trust (e.g. Magnetospeed or labradar)? Could just be velocity isn't what you think it is.

An accurate velocity ?

Why does that even matter the software will change it anyway

He's .1 off I think he is pretty fucking good, and changing the velocity will change his short range data

MV inside 600, BC outside 800

Reactions: Newbie2020
Thanks for the answer lowlight, I only ask because at 7.2 I was shooting over the fluorescent clay pigeon( shot twice to confirm)7.1 hit dead on or at least below it to break it up. I did not have a watermark on steel to be able to confirm Or be able to drive down and look at it. 7.00 is definitely too low. 7.0 mils was the kestral out put.

.1 is nothing to worry about I agree. I just always check MV before going to BC adjustments. If I know my MV is accurate and what I have in my kestrel then I move to BC. Maybe he hasn't used a chrono for real numbers he's getting out of his barrel with that lot of ammo he made or bought. That difference (if present) could account for that .1 difference. But again, 0.1 is nothing to worry about as there's lots of other factors that change every time you shoot that can effect the bullet more than .1 lol

changing MV at 1000 will change your 200, 300, etc,

if you change BC it has no effect on the short-range stuff,

stop pretending you have a clue and learn something rather than spinning in circles trying to make it sound like you had a clue.

Chronograph numbers with Apps and Software are meaningless beyond what the "software wants" you can put a flat rate number in like 2750 and just let the software change it ...

you don't need chronograph numbers for software, it's an unnecessary step, just put something close in, let the software adjust it, like it does every time because it's one of the things it has the power to adjust.

.1 is nothing to worry about I agree. I just always check MV before going to BC adjustments. If I know my MV is accurate and what I have in my kestrel then I move to BC. Maybe he hasn't used a chrono for real numbers he's getting out of his barrel with that lot of ammo he made or bought. That difference (if present) could account for that .1 difference. But again, 0.1 is nothing to worry about as there's lots of other factors that change every time you shoot that can effect the bullet more than .1 lol

.1 is far too small to assign a reason. It could be velocity, bc, shooter, mirage, light refraction, etc etc etc.

Reactions: Newbie2020