• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Truly remarkable sales skills

Michael

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2001
Hood County, Texas
I want to attend a sales seminar given by the guy who talked this lad out of $5,000.00

Hi, i'm selling my Remington 700 in .308, rifle started as a SPS varmint with a 26" barrel 1:12 twist and was professionally built to reach 1000+ yards accurately and it will shoot moa or better at 500 yards if you do your part.
Reason for sell is that I'm relocating to NYC so I won't be able to use it anymore. My loss your gain as I have over $5000 invested on this rifle.

Remington 700 SPS Varmint
Tmney trigger set at 1.5lbs
Bell and Carlson Medalist Style 5 Fully Adjustable

I feel no sympathy for the buyer whatsoever if he actually bought it for $5k. Proving once more that PT Barnum was 100% spot-on! Do your damned due diligence BEFORE going completely off the reservation and plopping down that kind of money on an otherwise bargain basement entry-level rifle with a couple of easy bolt-on upgrades that add little to the value or performance of the rifle from its bone stock factory configuration.

And since when can you not own or otherwise use a precision bolt action rifle (cough, cough...sneer) in NY? Yes, you are gonna have to travel out of the city to do it, but it isn't exactly illegal there (yet).

So much fail!

Last year a few weeks after the School shootings I ran into a local who had just plunked down $3K for a $800 Rock River AR.
And paid $30 each for el cheapo, no name 30 rd, steel mags too. FIFTY of them!!

PT Barnum 100% correct.

Last year a few weeks after the School shootings I ran into a local who had just plunked down $3K for a $800 Rock River AR.

PT Barnum 100% correct.

I thought the same thing when I saw how high .22lr shot up.

Had a guy offer me a "deal" on a bottom of the line DPMS 16". He paid 2250 for it and offered it to me for 1700. He was rather offended when I stated it was only a 700 dollar rifle.

PT Barnum 100% correct.

There were a ton of people who did this. Sure they overpaid but whatever it's their money. But many of these uneducated guys who forked out the inflated prices have tried to turn around and sell them for close to the same. I spoke to a friend who is a firearms salesman and he told me about a guy who brought in some variation of a Rock like above and wanted something along the lines of 3500. He was told what it's real worth was and got rather upset and explained how much he paid. The salesmen finally summed things up with something like just because you got screwed doesn't mean we have to also.

PT Barnum 100% correct.

The flip side is what it might have been worth had the proposed bans actually been passed. I think for some folks it was an educated gamble to to buy while they could, while for others it was an uninformed mistake. I'd wager a large part of the distinction lies in socioeconomic standing relative to the amount of their panic spending.