• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trust info needed when submitting Form 4?

remaction

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
SW, WI
This is my first time around the block with obtaining a suppressor. I have a lawyer produced trust in place and paid for the items from the trust checking account.

I have a couple of questions and I've searched around here a bit and also on the web and the ATF site but have not found anything conclusive.

Questions:

1) When submitting the Form 4, do I need to include any proof that the trust exists such as a copy of the trust, state certification of the trust, certification that I am signing as a legal citizen of the US? These are some things I've read, but I do not see anything in the ATF reg's or instructions requiring them.

2) Is it an issue if section 13 is completed (all "no's"), if the owner is a trust? The ATF instructions say to complete the section if an "individual", but the actual form says it must be completed by any "transferee" who does not have an FFL.

Can any of you experienced trust members shed some light on this for me?

Send full copy of trust which should also have notary of signers on trust. All no on 13 is what you want. Your SOT will review and let you know if your missing anything

Last edited:
Be damn sure to send a schedule "A" with the trust. My first submission was held up for it. The examiner told me to list the item I had submitted on the schedule "A" with "pending" beside it. You will need to have the make, model, and serial number of the item on the schedule "A". After the item is approved and you get your stamp, you update your schedule "A" by deleting "pending" off it. I was told you could fund the trust by listing damn near anything of value on it. I chose to use his first example of the item submitted with "pending". Good luck and let the wait begin!

Damn good info guys... The ATF instructions are very limited regarding trust submittals. I figured the best way to get it right was to find out from others that actually went through the process.

I never thought I'd have to submit a Schedule A as the trust did not yet actually have legal right to own the suppresor. Requirements could vary a bit by examiner, even though they shouldn't, but I'll submit as Cornoleo noted.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good answers on here so far.
Send a full copy of your trust in every time.
I actually was told to ensure an asset was on your Schedule A.....so I listed my Mossberg shotty and amended when my suppressors came back. I also have a value of $10 identified in my trust.
The ATF does not guarantee your trust to be legal in your state, they only look for specific things: Schedule A, Trustees, Beneficiary and Notary.
Your Form 4: Your trust name goes in where the buyer name goes and use the address you have identified in your trust. Only the grantor or trustee can sign the Form 4.... EX, Signed: John Doe, Grantor.