• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trust wait time

tim68

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2007
Lone Star State
For those of you who did the trust route for a suppressor, what was your wait time? I'm going on four weeks and was just curious.

Waiting patiently for my SWR Omega 30, and my AAC M4-1000-08

Re: Trust wait time

I am currently waiting on a Gemtech Oasis. It has almost been 3 mos now. This one has been my longest wait so far. I have done 4 suppressors previously all through the trust route and they have been under 2 mos.

My trust was filed in April.
ATF cashed my check on June 4th.
Here I sit.

Sent in my paperwork for a suppressor on 05/21 and it was approved on 07/11. Originally ordered it in 01/04 and it had to be transfered 3 times to finally reach me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My trust was filed in April.
Here I sit. </div></div>

something is wrong.

Last year it was 4 weeks door to door. This year it has been 8 weeks. Have one in now, sent in 1 Aug, we'll see how long this one takes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My trust was filed in April.
Here I sit. </div></div>

something is wrong. </div></div>

No shit brother.
Three telephone calls to my examiner, all with the same reponse..." The ATF has been severely bogged down by record transfer requests, please be patient".
This isn't my first transfer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My trust was filed in April.
Here I sit. </div></div>

No shit brother.
Three telephone calls to my examiner, all with the same reponse..." The ATF has been severely bogged down by record transfer requests, please be patient".
</div></div>

the democrats are coming people are splurgeing now

Both of mine took 11 weeks from the time I mailed paperwork, until my dealer got the stamp. Most recent was received 8/4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My trust was filed in April.
Here I sit. </div></div>

No shit brother.
</div></div>

shit that sucks. i did two in march on my trust and they where done by early june.

i am sending in one tomorrow. i hope it does not get fucked by everyone splurging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lone_soldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My trust was filed in April.
Here I sit. </div></div>

No shit brother.
</div></div>

the democrats are coming people are splurgeing now </div></div>

Let me here everyone say AAAAMMMMEN!

For those of you that have done the trust route, do you have a detailed path you followed? I have one can I got the old way and want to do the trust this time if you could send me the info I'd really appreciate it

GW36

[email protected]

Thanks

I sent my paperwork off with usps money order 6 June (D-Day), and have heard nothing yet. Talked with my 3 dealer and he said as soon as he heard anything he would let me know. He also said since I have heard nothing negative that is good. Still waiting wish it would come on in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G21322635</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my paperwork off with usps money order 6 June (D-Day), and have heard nothing yet. Talked with my 3 dealer and he said as soon as he heard anything he would let me know. He also said since I have heard nothing negative that is good. Still waiting wish it would come on in. </div></div>

Why would your dealer hear anything about the status of the transfer? My form was mailed directly back to me, and I had to provide a copy to my dealer.

i guess i need to get a move on with my next form 1 to beat the pre-election rush.
cw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would your dealer hear anything about the status of the transfer? My form was mailed directly back to me, and I had to provide a copy to my dealer. </div></div>

Both of mine went back to the dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G21322635</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my paperwork off with usps money order 6 June (D-Day), and have heard nothing yet. Talked with my 3 dealer and he said as soon as he heard anything he would let me know. He also said since I have heard nothing negative that is good. Still waiting wish it would come on in. </div></div>

Why would your dealer hear anything about the status of the transfer? My form was mailed directly back to me, and I had to provide a copy to my dealer. </div></div>

The forms should have went back to your dealer if he was transfering to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G21322635</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my paperwork off with usps money order 6 June (D-Day), and have heard nothing yet. Talked with my 3 dealer and he said as soon as he heard anything he would let me know. He also said since I have heard nothing negative that is good. Still waiting wish it would come on in. </div></div>

Should have wrote a check as then you could see that they cashed it and know the process is started.

Scott

The forms should go back to the dealer and you still have to fill out a 4473 when you go and pick it up.

I picked mine up about a month ago and my dealer is on MLK drive of all places. He owns some appartment complexes in the hood. That made for a interesting trip to pick up my title II item.

I think it is state law dictated on where the paperwork goes back to. If I don't get a call from the dealer this week I will call him and ask then the atf to see if they had a problem.

Ive been waiting that long or longer. Dealer told me they were behind. If mines not in by Sept1 Im going to bug him again.

Just call up the ATF for a inquiry on your paperwork. 304-616-4500 I believe all they ask for is the SN of the item on your name.

Got the call yesterday just 3 days shy of 3 mos. Brought the suppressor home today.

I called today and atf was very nice asked serial number and name. They said it would be a couple more weeks nothing wrong just examiner was backed up with so many requests in lately.

Do you feel that calling the ATF does any good since they can't give you any specific time table?

I just don't want to rock any boats right now. Been waiting for two cans for six weeks. I'll just bide my time for now.

My Trust transfer for two cans took 4 months almost to the day.

Could someone explain this to me.

Why does it take a Governmental organization 8 weeks and counting to check two NFA documents and say "OK" to them. I know I'm asking a really tough question, but for some reason I can't seem to grasp that concept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tim308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could someone explain this to me.

Why does it take a Governmental organization 8 weeks and counting to check two NFA documents and say "OK" to them. I know I'm asking a really tough question, but for some reason I can't seem to grasp that concept. </div></div>

I don't mean this in a mean way but some of the new NFA guys don't realize how good they have it only waiting 8 weeks, dealer to dealer Form 3 transfers up until the move to WV took about 3 Months and Dealer to Non Dealer Form 4's took 3 to 6 Months.

I'm not saying it right or I agree with the wait time but it is drastically improved since the days of the NFA being in DC.

Scott

NFA examiner is an entry-level job so many move on up and leave it up to the "newbs" to get the job done.

My dealer to dealer form 3 took over two months, and the form 4 has been 8 weeks plus. I'm just saying that it's really irritating knowing that you cans are sitting at a store around the corner and you're waiting on someone else.

All of my trust transfers have been right at 8 weeks. Ted Clutter is my examiner.

FYI, it doesn't really "take them 8 weeks" to do your paperwork. They have a big backlog. It takes around 6 weeks just to reach the desk of the examiner, and then another couple weeks to reach the top of his "To Do" box. The actual <span style="font-style: italic">work</span> of approving a transfer takes maybe a few hours.

I just got my paperwork back yesterday. My paperwork was sent in the begining of April, and my check was cashed in the begining of May.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtmisfit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last year it was 4 weeks door to door. This year it has been 8 weeks. Have one in now, sent in 1 Aug, we'll see how long this one takes. </div></div>

Mailed 1-Aug
Approved 18-Sep

I submitted (though my dealer) my trust form 4 papework for a Gemtech Sandstorm on Aug 5, 2011. The form 4 was approved Feb 23, 2012. For some reason it took another month for my dealer to inform me. I received the suppressor on March 24, 2012. A week short of 8 months. That was my first NFA item.

i called to check on some pending items and asked she the lady i talked to said it wont make any difference and told me its running 6mos from pending date.

The wait is killing me. I was supposed to have my can for last elk/deer season...still waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wait is killing me. I was supposed to have my can for last elk/deer season...still waiting. </div></div>

its best to just forget about it. thats my plan anyway. its working OK so far.

obtaining suppressors is a patience exercise for the mind. Just buy it turn it in and forget about it until you get the call. When you think about it it causes mental anguish.

The answer is for everyone to buy more suppressors.When the backlog reaches critical mass, maybe they'll amend the NFA to exclude suppressors.
crazy.gif