• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trustee NFA Paper work required be in possesion

Unsichtbar

Online Training Member
Minuteman
May 19, 2008
Texas
As the Settlor of a NFA trust my name is the only one that appears on the Form 4 stamped copies that are always carried with suppressors. Should a trustee of the trust carry additional document from the trust naming them as trustee?

I never carry any stamps or paperwork. Much less my brother in another state. I'll be interested in what others say.

I keep a copy of all my stamps and the entire trust in my range bag. I've never had anyone ask to see them but it makes me feel better that they're there.

I scan all images and put them on my iPhone images (pictures) for one page docs like the front side of the form 4.
You could also scan the entire trust and email it to yourself as an attachment. Put that in an email folder that can instantly be pulled up on your iPhone.
"Here you go officer, now I'll be on my merry way."

I just scan all my stamps and trust into a PDF document and save them on my phone. I did the same for my dad. Keeps from carrying around a bunch of paper.

I keep a copy of my returned stamp in a stock back on the rifle and an extra one in my jeep somewhere but I don't pack around my trust paper work.

I keep a copy of my stamp and on the back is a photo copy of the first page of my trust that shows my name with each item. Ranges ask to see the paperwork every so often around here for some reason. I'm not very keen on handing over my phone to a LEO for any reason cause who knows when he'll return it so not a fan of the digital route.

Printed out 4 per page, folded, rolled, then stuck in the CR123 size insert in my Magpul grip. That covers the SBR and suppressor that stays on it.