• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trying out Vortex's warrenty

elkstalker338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
colorado
Guess I will try have to try out the vip warrenty at vortex, I was climbing a steep hill with my rifle and viper scope on a sling when it slipped off my shoulder and hit the bell of the scope square on a rock denting the bell, glass still looks alright but shoots about 20 MOA high now :-(, the first point of impact was the scope then the rifle, but four days earlier I busted a big bull elk with it, he didnt even take a step at 350 yds, that 300 grn slug from a 338-378 weatherby flat knocked him on his ass LOL

Re: Trying out Vortex's warrenty

Well I came home today and sitting on the porch is a box from vortex, I opened it up expecting to see my scope and a note saying checked ok but instead is a brand new Viper, VORTEX ROCKS,,, i would have been ok with the super fast turn around with the note but a new scope THANK YOU SCOTT and vortex for getting me back on track super fast

I wish only 10% of the companies offering optics would even try to offer customer service as good as Vortex.

They are surely earning my business (cash) so far I have retired my other scope brand to vortex and also bino's, I ordered a pair of the fury model to try out for 199.99 and put them side by side to nikon monarchs and they blew the nikons out of the water, and smaller also and I got the 12.5 x42, now I am wanting the razor binos,and like so many other's I am waiting on my PST to arrive :)

Man that really says something about a company! They replaced a scope that you damaged, it was no fault of their own, and they replaced it anyway with no questions asked and no cost to you!! Makes me feel even warm and fuzzier about having sunk 2K in a Razor!

Vortex has won my business. I now have a Razor HD, a Viper and am waiting on a PST to come out. Love their business model and customer service seems to be number one.

Actually when I called their customer support the lady said to send it asap and actually seemed like a person who cared about my mishap, then to top it off without even asking Scott PM'ed me here and kinda took it in his own hands and even replied again today, WOW I said it before and will continue to say VORTEX ROCKS I would have really cried if it had been my PST hitting that boulder bad enuff as it was LOL

They replaced a scope that you broke?? That's just.. wow!
That settles it for me, I'll keep waiting for the PST instead of spending too much money now on another Nightforce because of impatience.
I doubt Vortex will do the same many more times as it might cost too much, but the fact they are willing to do it in the first place really says alot about their customer service.

Vortex won my business too. I intended to have one Razor HD, ended up with two - didn't want to remove it from the old rifle and chose another Razor as the best fit for the new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They replaced a scope that you broke?? That's just.. wow!
That settles it for me, I'll keep waiting for the PST instead of spending too much money now on another Nightforce because of impatience.
I doubt Vortex will do the same many more times as it might cost too much, but the fact they are willing to do it in the first place really says alot about their customer service. </div></div>This is our Warranty and we will and have and will continue to fix or replace all of our products for the life of the product no matter who's fault,no questions asked (unless of course it has hammer claw punctures in it :eek:,then we may need to talk).

Also 99.99% of the time we will have your optic(s)back to you in 7-10 days max (from the date we receive)

You can read more about our VIP warranty here: http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

Scott

I think that it's great they replaced it for you free. Thats always a good thing, especially for "bargain priced" optics. I'm sure it helps them with R&D when upgrading product lines. Get to see where failure points, strengths gave or didn't using honest to goodness field use, and abuse.

I had a problem with thier 99.00 scope lost left adjustment. Called and they said seen it back about 3 day turn around and new scope. I can't see a problem with buying any vortex scope. One happy customer.

I agree they have Awesome Customer service. I had to send my Viper 6.5-20x50 mildot in because a lens came loose. Sent it in Wednesday, had it back and mounted on the rifle the a week and a half later. I don't care who you are that's fast!

Klpt308