• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trying to decide on a LPVO (< $1k)

dscl

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2021
Illinois
Looking to pick up a 1-6x LPVO for one of my ARs and I want to keep the price around the 1k range or less and could use some advice. Aside from clarity, durability and the usual things I want something with a really bright reticle that will work well in daylight.

So far I've been thinking about the following (I know these are above the price range at MSRP, but I can find them in my budget):
  • Cronus BTR GEN2 1-6×24 UHD
  • Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x24 (SFP or FFP)
  • Trijicon Credo 1-6x24 (SFP or FFP)
  • EOTECH Vudu 1-6x24 FFP
  • Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 JM-1 BDC
I'm curious if anyone has looked through/used any of the above and your thoughts? Additionally are there any other scopes, that can be had in the price range, I should be considering?

Thanks

Looking to pick up a 1-6x LPVO for one of my ARs and I want to keep the price around the 1k range or less and could use some advice. Aside from clarity, durability and the usual things I want something with a really bright reticle that will work well in daylight.

So far I've been thinking about the following (I know these are above the price range at MSRP, but I can find them in my budget):
  • EOTECH Vudu 1-6x24 FFP
I'm curious if anyone has looked through/used any of the above and your thoughts? Additionally are there any other scopes, that can be had in the price range, I should be considering?

Thanks

SAI 1-6. Really nice hybrid reticle and I can't tell any difference in glass quality between it and my Razor Gen II.

Delta Stryker HD 1-6. Never had one but it will definitely check the box for reticle brightness. Glass is supposed to be very good also.

Trijicon Credo's have really nice glass. Had a 1-8 that I was really impressed with. Reticle was pretty bright but not nuclear.

+1 for holding out and stretching the budget for the new EOTech 1-10. Unless you think it's too much mag or the size/weight is a bit more than you want.

CM

Reactions: STR956
Delta Stryker 1-6x24 is the best (New meaning not used) nuclear bright, Japanese glassed, light weight lpvo in the sub $1k price point.

The trijicon credo HX 1-6 sfp with the red illuminated dot is pretty much the same scope out of L.O.W. Japan. Choose the one you can find the cheapest.

Last edited:
Delta Stryker 1-6x24 is the best (New meaning not used) nuclear bright, Japanese glassed, light weight lpvo in the sub $1k price point.

The trijicon credo HX 1-6 sfp with the red illuminated dot is pretty much the same scope out of L.O.W. Japan. Choose the one you can find the cheapest.

Neither are nuclear bright or daylight bright.

Swing and miss.

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
Neither are nuclear bright or daylight bright.

Swing and miss.
Yes they are and you shouldn't mislead people by making that statement when you are unaware on this topic, it's unfair to those inquiring.

I own the Delta and have compared it to the Razor gen II, Gen 2E, Razor gen III 1-10, Viper PST gen II, Burris XTR II 1-8(SFP only) with my own eyes, all daylight/nuclear bright as well. The Delta uses the exact same fiber optic illumination as the Razor from the same factory and it has the exact same brightness and it's not debatable.

That trijicon is the only one that is daylight bright in their lpvo line(besides Vcog?) but it has to be in that reticle option, it's not nuclear as it uses LED not fiber.

Last edited:
Reactions: STR956
Yes they are. I own the Delta and have compared it to the Razor gen II, Gen 2E, Razor gen III 1-10, Viper PST gen II, Burris XTR II 1-8 which are all daylight/nuclear bright as well. The Delta uses the exact same fiber optic illumination as the Razor from the same factory and it has the exact same brightness and it's not debatable.

That trijicon is the only one that is daylight bright but it has to be in that reticle option, it's not nuclear as it uses LED not fiber.

Don't worry, @DeathBeforeDismount will chime back in soon to not explain why he is right and the rest of us Neanderthals are wrong...

CM

Don't worry, @DeathBeforeDismount will chime back in soon to not explain why he is right and the rest of us Neanderthals are wrong...

CM
I don't mind him, but in this case it's just a factually inaccurate statement in totality. He hasn't ever looked through either I'm assuming otherwise it wouldn't of been said.

Also the eotech vudu 1-6 ffp is not daylight bright or close so..lol

Reactions: Center Mass
Yes they are and you shouldn't mislead people by making that statement when you are unaware on this topic, it's unfair to those inquiring.

I own the Delta and have compared it to the Razor gen II, Gen 2E, Razor gen III 1-10, Viper PST gen II, Burris XTR II 1-8(SFP only) with my own eyes, all daylight/nuclear bright as well. The Delta uses the exact same fiber optic illumination as the Razor from the same factory and it has the exact same brightness and it's not debatable.

That trijicon is the only one that is daylight bright in their lpvo line(besides Vcog?) but it has to be in that reticle option, it's not nuclear as it uses LED not fiber.
I have ran both of them outside in the bright sun. Maybe there is a newer version in last 6 months but I look through every LPVO I can find and there are only a few that are true daylight bright. They are NOT daylight/aim point bright like the G2 razor is.

The Vudu is not as bright (its right up there tho), but its reticle makes up for it not needing to be as bright. The giant circle naturally draws your eye to the center. AS such, the effective use is similar to the nuke bright dots.

I have ran both of them outside in the bright sun. Maybe there is a newer version in last 6 months but I look through every LPVO I can find and there are only a few that are true daylight bright. They are NOT daylight/aim point bright like the G2 razor is.

The Vudu is not as bright (its right up there tho), but its reticle makes up for it not needing to be as bright. The giant circle naturally draws your eye to the center. AS such, the effective use is similar to the nuke bright dots.
Hmm, I'm not sure what to say. I own the Delta and on the brightest day in the south in snow I have only ever had it at 8-9 out of 11 settings. It's aimpoint bright/nuclear. Maybe you got one that wasn't to spec, I did hear of another guy who had one that was only"Daylight bright" not "nuclear bright" on here.

I do not disagree with you about the Eotech reticle being well designed and making up for the lack of illumination. That is a nice feature and good to have if batteries were scarce or limited and or the illumination conked out.

I have two Delta Strykers and they are both daylight bright as much as a Razor or PST2. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

I would also agree they are the best lpvo under $1k easy.

Attachments

• 20220322_151621.jpg
    20220322_151621.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 642

Best indepth review (besides koshkins) and shows the brightness capabilities well.

I tried a PST II and liked it a lot! I wanted something a little better so for me it was between the Delta ~$800 and the Razor 1-6. I ended up with a Gen II E Mrad from a popular camera store for $999 and love it! Being able to use it comfortably with both eyes open, daylight illumination and the way the body of the scope disappears when behind it are what sold me.

Attachments

• F4219FB8-1EEF-4C43-88CB-7742E82342A7.jpeg
    F4219FB8-1EEF-4C43-88CB-7742E82342A7.jpeg
    736.8 KB · Views: 248
I tried a PST II and liked it a lot! I wanted something a little better so for me it was between the Delta ~$800 and the Razor 1-6. I ended up with a Gen II E Mrad from a popular camera store for $999 and love it! Being able to use it comfortably with both eyes open, daylight illumination and the way the body of the scope disappears when behind it are what sold me.
Thats a great deal.

The Razor gen 2E at $1k is worth the upgrade over the Delta IMO. The Razor gen 1 is not worth it at 1k IMO because of the weight and stiff throw. The Gen 2e is 21.5 ounces+the throw (so 22 something) compared to the Delta 17.9-18 ounces with the throw. The Gen I is 25 ounces+ the throw(so 26?) vs the 17.9-18 ounces of the Delta. That's a lot of weight savings for not that much of an optical upgrade. Just my opinion.

Btw, yes I've looked through all these scopes I'm talking about and have no brand loyalty. I own Vortex optics.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Unless you are convinced you need 6 power on the top end I have really grown to love the Trijicon 1-4, I have a red and green and out to 300 they are fast (I prefer the triangle reticle) and the glass is very clear for the price ~$750 or so if you can find them.

I love my Steiner P4Xi 1-4 if you’re willing to drop to 4x. Stupid simple with a singular red dot for fast 1x shooting. More than daylight bright.
I just saw recently a commercial member is selling them at a discount (I didn’t confirm the price, as it requires a PM).
Check out @TheHebrewHammer recent posts.

Otherwise, I bought mine from Doug at CameraLandNY, and would highly recommend his services as well.

Edit; After going and finding the post, I determined he’s selling the V2. Different reticle than the simple red dot I have in my V1. I’ll admit I don’t love the looks of the V2 reticle, but the V1 optic is solid. V2 definitely looks better if you intend to shoot at distance using the reticle.

Last edited:
Both are amazing, it's all about personal preference and I can get anything steiner or Burris, do your own research and go look through some glass. It's all about what works for your eyes.

Reactions: Anb618
yea I guess they can be nice if it's what your looking for I just run a ground with the idea of only 1-6 or 3-12 or even a 3x18 power after trying a couple different brands I realize I am a mag whore and I want power , I want to get in there and see my own shot group while shooting it .and beyond 200 yards I could not see it . Best of luck to you with what ever you get .

• EOTECH Vudu 1-6x24 FFP

Thanks
It would be a mistake to leave the SWFA SS 1-6 HD out of the mix.

John

Reactions: Dobermann