• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to get situated, need decent LGS

Foxtrot Oscar

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2021
Moved to 22026 zip within past year. Need a new local gun store. Recommendations, if y’all would, please. Do mostly revolver, but will be looking for first LR stick (maybe) as well as support for progressively (hopefully) improving LR shooter.

I can recommend two, one close by, one a bit of a drive but worth it.

-Virginia Arms in Manassas. I bought my M82-1 there when Bernie still owned it. Also my Remington 5R.
  1. virginiaarms.comVirginia Arms

Virginia Arms Company is a full line brick and mortar firearms retail store with an extensive inventory of quality firearms and accessories.

-Greentop in Ashland/Glen Allen, probably an hour and a half south on I 95, depending on traffic but a place every gun owner should visit. They have over 4000 firearms, with two or more counters full of handguns, even now.

Green Top Sporting Goods: New & Used Guns, Hunting, Fishing ...

www.greentophuntfish.com
Trusted source for new and used guns, ammo, shooting accessories, hunting and fishing gear and more. In business since 1947 and an FFL Dealer in Richmond, Virginia.

Mahalo (my native kinda widely known “thank you” word), Maggot. I appreciate the quick and informed help. Good on ya!

I can recommend two, one close by, one a bit of a drive but worth it.

-Virginia Arms in Manassas. I bought my M82-1 there when Bernie still owned it. Also my Remington 5R.
  1. virginiaarms.comVirginia Arms

Virginia Arms Company is a full line brick and mortar firearms retail store with an extensive inventory of quality firearms and accessories.

-Greentop in Ashland/Glen Allen, probably an hour and a half south on I 95, depending on traffic but a place every gun owner should visit. They have over 4000 firearms, with two or more counters full of handguns, even now.

Green Top Sporting Goods: New & Used Guns, Hunting, Fishing ...

www.greentophuntfish.com
Trusted source for new and used guns, ammo, shooting accessories, hunting and fishing gear and more. In business since 1947 and an FFL Dealer in Richmond, Virginia.
Also, I’ve seen your quote before, but don’t remember where. Appreciate your sharing.