• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to mount an rmr but can’t

Alanh

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2020
Alabama
I bought a RMR the other week through expert voice. Unfortunately I didn’t see the fine print that it’s a RMRcc. Ive already invested in a slide that is custom milled for RMR and there is no way to redo it or return it. I had a lot of work done on it. I tried contacting ExpertVoice and then Trijicon directly and they will not let me trade it for the correct one, so I’m kind of screwed (minus the kind of). I’m trying to find a plate that will adapt from rmr to RMRcc. Does anyone know who might sell these. Trijicon gave me the name of a place but they wanted 285$ to make it. At this point i have $1100 in a sight counting the slide work, that is useless and I’m pretty bummed. Instead of paying another 300$ for a plate I would rather trade for the correct optic. Since Trijicon has a no return policy does anyone have a suggestion?? Lol and yes I know I need to get my glasses upgraded so I can see small print.

Nope. Just sell that RMRcc and buy the right optic. With that much money into it, do you really want some half baked MOS-ish mount to adapt the slide to a different optic? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I've never heard of "Expert Voice" but the fact you can't return an unopened product tells me all I'd need to know.

ExpertVoice is a thing for ex-LEO/Mil and peeps that work in the industry to join and get deals on gear... it's not a retail store and they're not responsible for people ordering/buying the wrong thing from their participating vendors (like Trijicon).

Stop the learned helplessness, sell the RMRcc, and buy an RMR.

Last edited:
Do some quick math. Depending on the deal you got on EV, you can sell the RMRcc and then buy a demo RMR from either Eurooptic or Dvor for about $450 and not lose much at all. Don't arse around with adaptor plates, especially not at that price.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Don't you already have a thread going about the same fucking thing?

Buy a plate to make wrong optic work for half the cost of the optic... or sell for a slight loss if any and purchase the correct optic.........we make mistakes but it's the cost of being alive and playing the game..

I wanted the cc. Some good advice above.

IMG_0194.jpg

edit, looked at your other post, my path don't Glock. Good luck.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Last edited: