• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TSA find in NJ

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    I ran across this while eating lunch and chuckled a bit because the way it reads you'd think the TSA just took down the Lord of War or some shit. Now, it's a dumbass move to try to sneak a firearm past TSA like this so I'm not really sympathetic to their plight but the news just had to sensationalize it of course. oooooo scary guns!

The assault rifle with a high-capacity magazine and an arsenal of ammunition -- all illegal in the state -- were "artfully concealed" behind the lining of a suitcase, TSA said.

1595521862497.png

First, that's a pistol and "arsenal of ammunition"? That's not even an hour long range trip right there.

You are allowed 11 pounds of ammo, per tsa rules, but they want to know its there. I just flew with cans and a pistol, plus ammo. Was simple and quick, even out of denver.

Reactions: stilesg57
    Amazing, truly amazing times lol

I can't believe someone would be that dense to try and slip a firearm past TSA in a state like NJ.

Reactions: deersniper
    Hey, would ya look at that. The TSA finally found something. That was planted, they were told about, & was too blatant to miss...

It HAS to be that, right?

How the fuck could ANYONE, even a gangbanger, be stupid enough to do something like that???

In NJ nothing about the weapon is legal, and the ammo is only legal to bring directly point to point (store to home, home to range, etc).

Sounds like a fake story dreamed up by the TSA...

If it was "artfully concealed" it would not have been found.

It was even more artfully found. :LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Maybe they found his QD optic sitting is his bag. Then he started shaking like a leaf when they said, "where is the rest." "Come this way sir."

It looks haphazardly tossed in there.

It's Jersey... god help you if your flight has a mechanical issue and you land in Jersey

If they filled out the Firearm declaration tag... Would the TSA still tell the local PD?

I don't know the rules in Jersey... If you were shooting in Maine, then flew out of Jersey, does federal law allow you to drive into Jersey and fly out with prohibited NJ items?