• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TSC conover nc match

yoteman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2013
piedmont nc
Heads up shooters
1st match 4-12-14
check new rules on cvrp.org web
bring your rifle an ammo, an have a great time, met a bunch of like minded people
apache 308,& armorpl8chikn. Put on a hell of a match.
takes 48 rounds to shoot the match.
new parking lot done (yea)
we shoot out to 211yds, so know your dope

I'll sadly be out for this one. I had foot surgery on the 18th (right foot) for a completely severed tendon from the second metatarsal (1st little piggy from the big toe). The one rule change I noted is the no use of packs or bags for the roof. Bloop tubes and tuners are legal now. Did I miss anything else?

If you're withing 3 hours drive of Hickory try an attend. It is the most challenging rimfire match you will ever shoot! :)

Bunsen I will ask Steve for clarification about the "No bag on any position" thing. This may be an oversight on his part or it may be what he intended, but I can't imagine that it was intentional. Thanks for catching this as I missed it myself.

A little clarification here........... Yes, this season the use of tuners and bloop tubes are allowed once again. Additionally. the rule stating that no rear support can be used hasn't changed since 2010. As you know, no rear support is allowed on the vast majority of positions. The ONLY exception to date on this is the rooftop/overwatch in which we allow the usage of a "pack". Not a duffle, not your mom's flower print suitcase, not a rolled sleeping bag, but a back pack. Keep in mind that this isn't and will never be a benchrest or F Class match so forget about using rear support. There may be positions such as the rooftop where the usage of a pack for support may be allowed so keep that in mind and always remember to bring your pack to the match as you would any other tactical shoot. We will be adding a few more new stages this year that will be creative and require the shooter to adapt/improvise to the new position. In other words, the course of fire downrange will pretty much remain a constant, but things at the firing line may not.

If any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks.

SR