• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tsunami Warning for US West Coast

Re: Tsunami Warning for US West Coast

I was living on the Oregon coast when Anchorage had their 9.2 quake and generated a big wave.
We barely had high tide. With today's media reporting I'm certain we'd all have died.

You see, Im right were all a gonner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was living on the Oregon coast when Anchorage had their 9.2 quake and generated a big wave.
We barely had high tide. With today's media reporting I'm certain we'd all have died. </div></div>

+1 Slow news day. They did say this is the 7th largest quake on record though.

Now they're saying 5th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sea levels are expected to rise off the coast of California by less than a foot by 7:30 a.m.</div></div>
eek.gif

Oh my God! Its gonna be another Phuket! Lord save the bamboo floors in the beach condo's!

At 0730-0800 this AM, the ocean looked completely normal to me.

Not so normal in Crescent City and Brooking Harbors:
9375376-large.jpg

Worst I saw in Gold Beach was my ups tracking of my Triad Tactical order showed delayed, "Natural Disaster." Not so bad.... I think I can get out of my spedo and waterwings now.

Note to self....when the alarm sounds it's not wise to go towards the water to take pictures.

"The Coast Guard is searching for a man who was swept out to sea while taking photos of waves with two friends near the mouth of the Klamath River in Del Norte County, Calif. His friends made it back to shore, and helicopters are searching for the missing man."

I saw vids of Canon beach area, we're planning a 3 day weekend down there again soon.

Most of those cities are well prepared with Tsunami evacuation signs everywhere....and I'm trying to snag one of those signs to match the magnet on my fridge
smile.gif

Man did Japan ever get hit hard...if that had been on this coast Seattle would be gone..