• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TT MALICE

Lunar95

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2019
Anyone have opinions on the TT MALICE pack? I current got an exo k3 with 4800 and love the frame but not a fan of the bag.

Unfortunately it seems my taste in packs is peculiar because I'm not a fan of the MR 3DAP or my recent kifaru 357 mag. However that could of been to the wrong stays I purchased, not sure.

So I'm really digging deep for a pack that I'd like, but big enough for mammoth mostly. I like the look of the old Alice system but have never tried it to compare. Comfort being the priority.

Thanks

I find that comfort revolves around the frame and if you find one you are golden.

I run a MR Pintler and have a card of stuff that goes between the frame and pack and stow my rifle and tripod in the midsection. It works great - pop it open and the shooting stuff is all right there.

I am going to say that if you don't like the bag - consider a Grey Man pack panel for all of your shooting stuff to organize it out and it makes life more awesome IMHO. You have the packs I really like already lol.

lighter

1649169543358.png

1649169584116.png

I ran a MALICE in the early GWOT years because I was an old-school ALICE pack guy from earlier in my career and it was a nice updated design. That being said, there are so many better pack options these days and while the MALICE works, I find that it's not as comfortable as an internal frame design (I run a 357 Mag these days too). It's also one of those cases where the MALICE is so big and roomy that I tended to over-pack with it instead of being more efficient about what I hauled.

Bottom line, I think the main reason to run a MALICE is because you're just fond of the old ALICE packs, want a large one with extra pockets and made with duffle bag material, and you just can't quit the ALICE frame. Otherwise, go with something else.

Reactions: Jdfd556