• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TT Sun Shade

Jeffd

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Does anyone know what sun shade will fit a 56MM TT scope? I don't think they sell them but maybe another scope manufacturers will work?

They come with an ARD that doubles as a sun shade. Or at least will accomplish the same thing.

Yep - Maybe I will try that.

Athlon has a 56mm sun shade available for their 4.5-29x56 Cronus/Cronus BTR line. IIRC, I paid about $25 for mine.

If you are looking for a sun shade for the 5-25x56 TT model, perhaps the Cronus one might work if TT does not make a matching one direcly.

I'd think most sunshade threads are probably standard sizes and diameters used in photography filters. In this case, most likely a 62mm accessory.

Last edited:
ARD .... does it degrade image? I have one for an old Leupold "tactical" scope.Light transmission is significantly degraded.

My guess is the Cronus version will not fit. I believe it’s slightly too large for the TT. Could be wrong but that’s what I recall.

ARD .... does it degrade image? I have one for an old Leupold "tactical" scope.Light transmission is significantly degraded.

Yes it does. The question is whether it’s enough to matter.

It doesn't degrade the image, per se. It simply lets less light pass from certain angles. If you need a sun shade because it's too bright out and you want to limit glare, then an ARD isn't going to reduce the brightness of the image to any significant degree. The scope comes with one. Might as well try it before you spend money on something else. No harm in that.

I can tell you the Sightmark Sunshade doesn't fit. The ARD will make less light pass through. It makes things darker, not dark, but darker, just enough. Depending on the where the light is in relation to you it is more noticeable. If you are not stalking human targets I think the ARD is overkill. I am still looking for sunshade that will fit.

All though, I have shot enough without it that it really doesn't matter. A sunshade will not help me make the shot.

With my Leopold at least it was like the sun going behind a cloud and not very satisfactory for my needs, but my paper targets don't shoot back.

Interesting issue. I have sun shades on all my expensive scopes because guys on this forum pointed out they protect the objective lens. Seemed reasonable cheap insurance to me. Hmmmmmm and I was saving my shekels to buy a TT, which costs almost twice as much as my best scope. I plan to continue to listen and learn about this issue!

Reactions: Jeffd
I drilled a hole thru center using a large unibit, then used a razor blade knife ind cut into 4ths and needle nose pliers and pulled it out in 1/4 sections. It is just hard to want to do for what the ARD for TT cost.

Reactions: Jeffd