• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TT vs Kahles

anderson22

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2014
Washington
Trying to decide between the two optics, field of view and eye relief are two major factors in my decision, I wish we had a shop close by so I could try one. Any advise would be great:) thanks in advance

Does the ZCO not have better field of View than both. That’s going by memory so I could be wrong.

Reactions: anderson22
Trying to decide between the two optics, field of view and eye relief are two major factors in my decision, I wish we had a shop close by so I could try one. Any advise would be great:) thanks in advance
Kahles are phenomenal scopes. You won't regret the purchase. 👍🏼

I also hear great things about Tangent Theta, but I've never actually looked through one, so can't give an opinion on that. I'm sure it would be just as nice and quality.

Reactions: anderson22
TT and ZCO are several steps up from a Kahles glass wise. Kahles has done a lot of things right with the turrets, mag ring, left side windage, ambi parallax, however their glass, is mediocre, out done by most LOW japanese oems. A used K624i in skmr3 can usually be found for under 2k, I think that's a decent but, but when you can get a new gen3 razor or zeiss S3-636 for just a few hundred more. None of them are tangent or zco tho.

Does the ZCO not have better field of View than both. That’s going by memory so I could be wrong.

TT, at the same magnification, has about 8% more FOV than ZCO.

With Kahles it is a little trickier. The original K525i had narrower FOV than ZCO by about 8 or 9% as I recall. However, the newer DLR version of the Kahles has wider FOV that is, I think, about on par with ZCO, although not quite as wide as Tangent.

ILya

TT, at the same magnification, has about 8% more FOV than ZCO.

With Kahles it is a little trickier. The original K525i had narrower FOV than ZCO by about 8 or 9% as I recall. However, the newer DLR version of the Kahles has wider FOV that is, I think, about on par with ZCO, although not quite as wide as Tangent.

ILya
Since a lot of folks seem to think Kahles is shit on here, because it's not a $5,000+ scope... What are your thoughts on the newer Gen3 K624i (Gen3 was updated with the same glass and coatings as the K525i), the K525i, and K318i? I trust and respect your opinion, and you are relatively unbiased and shoot the facts. 👍🏼

Since a lot of folks seem to think Kahles is shit on here, because it's not a $5,000+ scope... What are your thoughts on the newer Gen3 K624i (Gen3 was updated with the same glass and coatings as the K525i), the K525i, and K318i? I trust and respect your opinion, and you are relatively unbiased and shoot the facts. 👍🏼
I thought that K525i was severely overpriced.
I have not tested the latest K624i, but I have seen a many K624i versions over the years and they were hit or miss.
K318i is a pretty nice scope, except the FOV is narrow.

Mechanically, they are all quite nice. Optically, both 5-25x and 6-24x had issues. For the record "same glass and coatings" for two very different designs is meaningless. I do not know what you mean by "same glass", but given that these are different designs, I suspect that not a single lens element is interchangeable. "Upgraded coatings" is just marketing bullshit. In this price range, they all use the best coatings that they can get their hands on when the scope is designed and the quality of the coatings stopped being a differentiator more than a decade ago. It is very much commoditized now.

ILya