• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

-Time-

Mediocre Marksman
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
I've got a rem 700 in .300wm that I'd like to take out to 1k and eventually a mile, plus some longer range hunting.

id like to top it with something good, but I'm conflicted between the NF Atacr 5-25, 7-35, or the TT5-25. If I went NF they'd be FFP and zero stop. I've considered the BEAST, but from my brief research it seems it's only advantage is that it has .2mil instead of .1mil clicks.

TT Pros:
-love the turrets
-the rezero is sweet
-exceptional glass
-the gen2xr looks like a great reticle
-I really want a dedicated illumination knob
NF Pros:
-I'm familiar with the Mil-R
-much less expensive

i really like the TT, but that price is a serious con. Owners is it worth it? I think I'd be content with the NF, but I'm not a fan of the illumination interface. Help me decide!

I'm not an owner of either of those scopes. I have S&B and Vortex. Between those scopes you know the NF is never going to cause you to miss a shot, so if the price is a serious consern perhaps you should be considering the NF vs the Vortex 4.5-27.

Sent you a PM regarding a Beast.

In my opinion I would go NF whether you go Beast or a variation of the F1. I like the TT's but for that kind of coin, I just can't see the benefits over the other high end scopes. Glass quality difference on most of the hi end scopes today are very small. I think the deciding factor will be cost and options the scopes best offer YOU.

Not a thing wrong with TT or NF. But if you want TT quality glass, at a closer to NF price, I'd give one of these a hard look.
http://www.eurooptic.com/minox-zp5-tac-5-25x56-w-mr5-reticle-66599.aspx

69FEE9B9BE5125C613195A69CFA93F134E157CA1.jpg

With a reticle that lets you range while ranging as ranging.... A little too cluttered for me.

Minox zp5 turrets feel pretty good. The TT is surely better turrets. Minox 14 mil per rev is cool. It's a lil odd when it runs to that second rev almost feels like a zero stop and jumps up to show ur in the second rev. No tunneling issue like other scopes. Absolutely no CA. Parallax is very forgiving. Eye box is consistent. Great FOV. The MR5 is the reticle that the guy posted. U won't really want that one. I like the MR4. I have both. MR4 is like the skmr3 with the super fine dot in the middle. Really nice. I think from what I've read TT has a hair up on the Minox in the glass dept but it's hard to fathom seeing as the Minox glass is so good.

If you go with TT. U know your buying the Best turrets and glass in the business. So u pay up for that fact. The Minox MR4 is pretty darn incredible. Especially for the price. With the scopes ur considering your not going to be disappointed that's for sure. Oh ur question about turret feel is good. The detent feel from one click to the next is consistent and tight given that it's 14 mil rev. So comparing to a 10 mil rev is not fair. It's precise. Easy to count. Zero stop is good. Allows u .7 under zero after its set. No numbering on parallax which I kinda like. Anything else you wanna know?

TT's glass is ridiculously good. Give Mile High a call they can help with the price a little. Is it 1500$ better, ehhh idk.

Not a day goes by that I'm unhappy I bought a TT. Best scope I've ever seen. Price? Whatever, you only live once. When I'm 80, I'm not going to be looking back kicking myself I spent 4200 on a rifle scope vs 3800. But I'll remember all the fun I had shooting and NOT worrying about my optic.

Not a day goes by that I'm unhappy I bought a TT. Best scope I've ever seen. Price? Whatever, you only live once. When I'm 80, I'm not going to be looking back kicking myself I spent 4200 on a rifle scope vs 3800. But I'll remember all the fun I had shooting and NOT worrying about my optic.

With that being said, I do agree get what you want or you will always wonder and you won't be fully satisfied but none of the scopes he mentions are coming out to $3800. Some of them might MAP at that price but can be found significantly less through SH vendors. The 7-35 is only $3200 at the most. That's $1000 difference and after handling a TT, it's just not worth it. Don't get me wrong the TT is the superior scope at the moment but it doesn't do anything the others don't do. Does it do it $1000 better....that's the question on everyone's mind. I think that's just a personal choice the OP will have to make.

OP, if you have the disposable income, my vote goes to the TT BUT don't be one of those guys that never shoots because he sunk $7000 into a build and scope but can't afford ammo or training. You will enjoy your gun and whatever scope you choose much more when you actually start banging steel then just looking at it everyday.

( I state the above because I've been that guy before. I had more fun with a buddy's 223 and PST scope because I couldn't afford ammo for my own so he let me shoot his trainer.)

Last edited:
Minox zp5 turrets feel pretty good. The TT is surely better turrets. Minox 14 mil per rev is cool. It's a lil odd when it runs to that second rev almost feels like a zero stop and jumps up to show ur in the second rev. No tunneling issue like other scopes. Absolutely no CA. Parallax is very forgiving. Eye box is consistent. Great FOV. The MR5 is the reticle that the guy posted. U won't really want that one. I like the MR4. I have both. MR4 is like the skmr3 with the super fine dot in the middle. Really nice. I think from what I've read TT has a hair up on the Minox in the glass dept but it's hard to fathom seeing as the Minox glass is so good.

If you go with TT. U know your buying the Best turrets and glass in the business. So u pay up for that fact. The Minox MR4 is pretty darn incredible. Especially for the price. With the scopes ur considering your not going to be disappointed that's for sure. Oh ur question about turret feel is good. The detent feel from one click to the next is consistent and tight given that it's 14 mil rev. So comparing to a 10 mil rev is not fair. It's precise. Easy to count. Zero stop is good. Allows u .7 under zero after its set. No numbering on parallax which I kinda like. Anything else you wanna know?

How easy is the zero stop setting? The minox looks attractive with the separate selection for illumination. The only reason I'm apprehensive about the NF is the digilum, I have the 2.5-10x32 specifically for the turret, and I'm not sure about strolling through a button for brightness.

For the prices these scopes cost I don't want to be dissatisfied with a feature. Does anyone offer TT hide pricing? That might push be to just save a little longer for the TT

How easy is the zero stop setting? The minox looks attractive with the separate selection for illumination. The only reason I'm apprehensive about the NF is the digilum, I have the 2.5-10x32 specifically for the turret, and I'm not sure about strolling through a button for brightness.

For the prices these scopes cost I don't want to be dissatisfied with a feature. Does anyone offer TT hide pricing? That might push be to just save a little longer for the TT

Setting the zero stop on a Minox ZP5 requires only loosing the set screws and reset the knobs to zero.

I had a 4-16 ATACR and I have a TT525. I like the ATACR and thought it was a really good scope for the size, weight, etc. I love the TT even if it is a little big in my estimation. Seems it could've come in a bit shorter. I will say one advantage that I personally found with the TT is the tooless zero. For me I don't reload anymore, and I buy factory ammo in bulk. So when I buy 500 rounds from different manufacturers I zero to that specific one. Much faster and easier than with the TT.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

Does anyone offer TT hide pricing? That might push be to just save a little longer for the TT

I'd talk to Greg at primal rights or Jason at Eurooptic.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

U don't have to pull the turret cap off or anything on the ZP5. Like was said above... two set screws and move to where u need it and tighten back down. Never had em slip or anything.

You can always call us for hide pricing on the Tangent Theta, Minox and Nightforce at 916.670.1103 :cool:

It always is. :)

Hahahaha, touché...it is. OP just seemed inexperienced and at one time I was and went solely on recommendations from Hide members who either didn't mind being in debt or had bank accounts alot fatter then mine when in reality I would have been more happy having a decent scope and actually getting to send lead down range then having a super expensive paper weight in my safe.

That toolless rezero is gonna push me to get the TT. Scope money is slowly set aside, so I'll just be saving a little longer, shouldn't affect ammo money.

I'm definitely inexperienced, first bolt gun, and specifically first 1k+ gun.

CS I'll definitely keep you guys in mind when it comes time to purchase.

That toolless rezero is gonna push me to get the TT. Scope money is slowly set aside, so I'll just be saving a little longer, shouldn't affect ammo money.

I'm definitely inexperienced, first bolt gun, and specifically first 1k+ gun.

CS I'll definitely keep you guys in mind when it comes time to purchase.

Sounds like you made an educated and thought out choice. No doubt you'll be happy, TT's are NICE!!!