• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tubb 2000 vs custom actions

Belisarius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
What is your view on the Tubb 2K? How does the action compare to the custom once?

Re: Tubb 2000 vs custom actions

It is a custom action.I don't own one but have handled a few.Very nice!I like the weight,balance,trigger,etc and the push button release 20 round mag combo.

They don't come up for sale used very often.If that's an indicator to customer satisfaction then they must like their rifles.

Steve

how about the spectacLR....almost the same

Mvc-016f.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about the spectacLR....almost the same

Mvc-016f.jpg
</div></div>

Thought they stopped making those?

I've got the spectacLR, and it's awesome. Trigger is phenomenal and it will shoot bug-holes if you pay attention. Action is very smooth, the bolt runs with almost no effort, literally one finger.

It is rather long and somewhat front heavy. I've been cringing inside a little for about a month or two now thinking about maybe selling mine to go short, something like the Gladius or OBR.

I've got GAPs, a TBA, an SR25, and the Tubb is right there with them for quality and accuracy.

Definitely well designed and built. It's definitely not a CQB weapon! Incredible shooter at long range, but also finds favor with some across the course shooters. They have an Anschutz trigger that is really wonderful. I think there are about 100 SpecTacLRs out there, made in two groups of 50 rifles in 2007 and 2009, IIRC. Not as front heavy as my GAPs with M40 barrel contours!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about the spectacLR....almost the same

Mvc-016f.jpg
</div></div>

Nice hardware... on a side note, your my kind of lunatic...

I've FF a few of them. I like the Tubb 2000T but don't feel it's worth the coin they want for it. I think it competes with the best, but at $1000 more. Plus, left-handed models are nearly impossible to find and if so, are even more coin. It's a nice rifle though no doubt.

SpectacLR, same thing. I think it's a kick-ass rifle. I think it's way too overpriced. Plus, that one does not come in a LH version (to my knowledge).

I like them both but cannot justify by a long run the extra cost.

$.02