• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Tubb Butt pad

dylan clark

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
Rector, AR
Does anyone here know of someone that will install a tubb adjustable butt on an H.S. Precision stock? Needing something of the kind for a rifle that will be shot by little folks.

Re: Tubb Butt pad

Kilbux,
The Tubb product is good but I would like to make a suggestion.

H-S makes an M-24 style stock with a LOP adjust. They are available in SA and LA. Take a look.

They are adjustable to a very short LOP. While the design has a lot of edges and gaps, all the other target style adjustable butts have the same issues.

While not a great fan of the H-S stocks, I have used several of these for customers that have physical limitations due to past injuries or congenital defects. You could probably purchase the complete stock for not more than the Tubb hardware and installation would cost.

Best of luck with your project.

No wind,
Terry

Re: Tubb Butt pad

That was my original plan until I saw the prices on the M-24 stocks. Maybe my google-fu is weak and I'm not looking in the right place? Any suggestions on a place with reasonable prices?

Second idea was to have H.S. install their adjustable LOP unit in the stocks I already have. But after viewing a cut away of their stock I believe the bolts from my karsten cheek piece would be in the way. About then was when I decided to go with the Tubb. I know everyone is thinking just take the cheekpiece off and have H.S. install the adjustable Lop unit. Well in my view H.S. stocks have combs that are entirely too low so its not coming off. I'd rather just spend the money on the Tubb

As far as H.S. goes I'm not a big fan either but It seems I always end up with their stocks..