• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tubb DTR reticle. Anyone here using...

Ive used it once , that was enough . The inclusion of aerodynamic jump was interesting , but
having to learn , and apply a completely new to me system of wind calculation , was too much .

I had some version Tubb reticule briefly a while back. IIRC it was a Horus type tree that was specifically tied to the 6XC and 115 DTac. It would have been OK if you were tied to that set up. It was in no way a general purpose set up unless he has done something new. No doubt, it works for him. I prefer a general use H59.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearlight
ooo ...

I do not have one (yet) ... but I am cogitating hard ...

The biggest downside I've come up with, is that DT reticles are probably less compatible with regular MIL/MOA reticles than MIL/MOA are across each other. So if you go DTR, I think you have to be ALL IN ... and that even goes for those you would shoot with regularly. And that is enough to give pause.

That said, I really do not know why we all do not use them for shooting out to any distance. Flip magnified reflex dot sights are fine for say <400yds ... but beyond that the DTR looks like the best.

Here is the video of David explaining the reticle

==
Here is the video of David and shooting buddy demonstrating the use of the reticle in the field. Amazing hunting shots at 1,000yds to 1,400 yards with no-dial shooting !!!

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
Note, I have two Tremor-3 reticles currently. What they share with the DTRs is the wind dots. The wind dots are a game changer for me. Estimate the wind in MPH, hold that MPH with the reticle done. No conversion to mils or moa, no ballistic calculator, no arithmetic whatever. Just estimate the wind in MPH and hold that number of MPH on the reticle.
The DTR includef the wind dots just like the Tremor-3s ... but addd in another system for the elevation holds. But basically the whole thing together means no more ballistic calculator. The reticle is the BC.

The reticle absolutely rocks.
There are 3 versions (velocity/BC ranges) last i checked.
i use the .308 and 6XC versions.

It takes about 30 minutes on a flat range to be sold on it. And i use, and have used, Horus/Tremor reticles for years. i didn't have to unlearn mil/christmas tree styles- just adjust thought into yards/MPH...

i wish the reticle was available in other brands of optics.

DTR if the Tremors weren't busy and annoying enough for you haha. Seriously I'll look into the reticle but I don't see myself turning away from a straight mil tree reticle anytime soon.

I have to applaud DT for trying a new approach . Some of us have the unfortunate habit of swapping
scopes across several rifles : velocity of a 22-250 in the high 3k range vs a 308 with Juggs is not a
good mix , in swapping a BDC reticle equipped optic .

There are a couple different DTR reticles and each one will fit a velocity and BC range that covers a variety of cartridges. So the V2 reticle is not just tied to 6XC. It will best fit combos of G1 BCs from .530 to .630 and 2875-3050 FPS but that range could be a bit wider. A nominal DA is applied to your rifle based on velocity in order to adapt your load for changing DA conditions. Additionally it is pretty interesting that you can turn you scope into a “meters” scope and range targets in meters and now the reticle is matching surprisingly close to some of the faster rounds like a 6.5 SAUM.

Reactions: SageRatSafaris