• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tubegun Other Actions Than Rem?

Re: Tubegun Other Actions Than Rem?

I believe there is one for a Savage action.

Borden Rifles has a Tube Gun action out now. It's nice...

If you're talking about the MAK tubegune they are only made for the Remington. However if you'd emailed Kevin and ask him he may be able to drill/modify the kit for you're action. Kevin is a good acquaintance of mine and I shoot with him at Atterbury, best thing to do is give him a call and check. Unlike some will say he's kits do not need to be glued in to work, screwing them in will work just fine. I glued and screwed both of my rifles however just becasue I could.

+1 on the Elisio tube chassis for the Savage... really a nice way to go. For competition, or otherwise. Beware, it may cause extreme jealousy amongst your shooting friends due to excessive "cool" factor. In my opinion, every serious shooter should have at least one tube rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're talking about the MAK tubegune they are only made for the Remington. However if you'd emailed Kevin and ask him he may be able to drill/modify the kit for you're action. Kevin is a good acquaintance of mine and I shoot with him at Atterbury, best thing to do is give him a call and check. Unlike some will say he's kits do not need to be glued in to work, screwing them in will work just fine. I glued and screwed both of my rifles however just becasue I could. </div></div>

I need to clarify your posting here. The MAK's will also accept any of the actions made to the Remington footprint - and there are a lot of them like that (Borden, Pierce, etc.). I am currently doing a magazine project rifle with an MAK tube gun that uses a Borden action that has a Remington 700 footprint.

Robert Whitley

Eliseo supports a variety of non-Remington actions. There are several Remington clones built specifically for a tubegun: borden and Defiance come to mind. Pierce might also have one. What makes a Remington clone "customized" for a tubegun?
1. No bolt release: doesn't use it
2. No scope rail holes: don't use them.
3. Full round: better for gluing.

since you glue in the MAKs, you don't want any unnecessary holes in the action like the ones referred to above.

I have a Defiance action in a MAK chassis. The only issue was his bolt handle has a little more "lift" than a Remington. Had to do some minor work on the MAK bolt handle slot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landtoy80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the action is glued in, do you have to worry about rust? </div></div>

I have never seen rust to be a problem with a tube gun. While I like a glue in the best, you do not need to glue the action into a tube gun if you have a recoil lug/washer made for it.

Robert Whitley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landtoy80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the action is glued in, do you have to worry about rust? </div></div>
If it is glued in properly, glue completely seals the action to the tube. So it should be completely waterproof on the outside of the action. Clean and oil the rest as per usual.