• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tuebor legion

Saskflatlander

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2020
Anyone have any reviews on this action and how it compares to some of the other big name actions? Been looking around and cant find anything.

I asked about this a while ago too. Only got one person saying they have one.

I’ll have one Tuesday, but it will be a couple weeks before I spin up a barrel for it. I’m building a .223 on it first, but I got a .308 bolt for it too. I handled one at a match last week, I liked it.

friend has one. got to fondle it a bit. Not the same as owning one but i was impressed. The owner Matt is a great guy. You wont be disappointed.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
E1231BF0-D576-4029-8CC7-CA93006E2DEA.jpeg

Action came in today, but I have a couple barrels to do for other people before I have time to cut one for myself (for my boys really). .223 and .308 bolts, so it can grow with them.

Played with one at a Guardian a few years back. Felt great, like the enlarged port, and easy to understand the fluting isnt just for looks. Ran into Matt a few times and he's an absolute standup guy and a big supporter. I'll have one shortly, but probably a LA.

Looks really good. Will be interesting to hear how it times up to the trigger and how the bolt lift is to cock the action.

I’ll have one Tuesday, but it will be a couple weeks before I spin up a barrel for it. I’m building a .223 on it first, but I got a .308 bolt for it too. I handled one at a match last week, I liked it.
Any updates? I have an itchy trigger finger ready to click on "submit order". :)

Reactions: Saskflatlander
You won’t be disappointed. I have one in 223 and many run it but we’re also local to Matt. Just scoop one up!

I've got a Ti SA one for my hunting rifle. I currently have Defiance, Lone Peak and Impact. Tuebor is right there with those. It has the short throw, too.

Does the Legion accept Shouldered Pre-Fit bbls without having to send in action?
16tpi or 20tpi? does it share tenon spec length with any other actions?

looks interesting, 2-lug 75* bolt lift.

Any updates? I have an itchy trigger finger ready to click on "submit order". :)
It’s been a while, but I finally got this shootable. It has a takeout Xmark trigger for now, and I stole the scope off the Valkyrie and used an old set of rings from way back. It still needs some paint too, but knowing me the barrel may get shot out before I get around to it.
With the current state of affairs it’s tough finding powders that I’m not already stocked up on, so I seated some 75 ELDM’s over Varget. Hopefully we’ll have a calm evening in the next few days to see how it shoots.
So far everything looks good, the action is smooth and bolt lift is light, but you’d expect that with a .223. It may be a while before I get a chance to cut a barrel for the standard face bolt.

5E669718-871A-448E-A6F7-830E25AF7A8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: briang7511
Quick dirty load test yesterday. I was in a hurry and didn’t measure a thing, I just used the sizing and seating dies as set for a buddies rifle. I used the same reamer for both, so they should be close. Lake city range brass, no sorting other than headstamp. I didn’t even trim them, just swaged the primer pockets. I dumped 24.4 - 25.2 gr of Varget over Wolf primers and seated 75 gr ELDM blem bullets. I shot 5 round groups, the first 4 loads went .51-.55 moa and the last opened up a little. No pressure signs, so I may try some hotter loads later. I consider that accuracy acceptable considering the junk brass and blem bullets. Velocity was 2880-2945.
The action performed flawlessly, it was smooth and easy. I need to get a better trigger, but otherwise I have zero complaints. It’s as good as most of the custom actions I see.

Quick dirty load test yesterday. I was in a hurry and didn’t measure a thing, I just used the sizing and seating dies as set for a buddies rifle. I used the same reamer for both, so they should be close. Lake city range brass, no sorting other than headstamp. I didn’t even trim them, just swaged the primer pockets. I dumped 24.4 - 25.2 gr of Varget over Wolf primers and seated 75 gr ELDM blem bullets. I shot 5 round groups, the first 4 loads went .51-.55 moa and the last opened up a little. No pressure signs, so I may try some hotter loads later. I consider that accuracy acceptable considering the junk brass and blem bullets. Velocity was 2880-2945.
The action performed flawlessly, it was smooth and easy. I need to get a better trigger, but otherwise I have zero complaints. It’s as good as most of the custom actions I see.
Great timing! I literally just sent an order request to Tuebor a few minutes ago.

I do like your knob's style better. It has that interior finger grove. Looks similar to Area 419's knob which I LOVE. This is the current design that I've seen in person last month. Not a deal breaker at all, just something I noticed.

Attachments

• Tuebor.JPG
    Tuebor.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: RFutch
I've run one now for 10 or 12 PRS matches. Ran absolutely flawless. Planning on picking up another for another build.
Its not uncommon to see or shoot with Matt in various matches and he's straight up legit. In the great lakes region, his actions are popular in the top 20 shooters.

My first non-production rifle is finally done. 100rds for break in this week followed up by ladder load and seating depth testing.
-Tuebor Legion short action in full DLC.
-XLR Envy Pro
-6 BR
-MDT 6BR mags
-Vortex Razor in RRS Uniblock mount

Looks great, hope she shoots as good too.

Attachments

• 20220403_154530.jpg
    20220403_154530.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 66
What barrels do these actions take ? Any prefits work or do they have to be cut for the actions like the standard R700s?