• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tula primers for .308 ??

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Ok guys I couldn't find any information on these primes so I thought I would be the test dummy.
I just purchased powder and primers from Powder Valley and they didn't have my CCI primers in stock so I went for the Tula special they had, buy 5000 and get free shipping.
I am using the Tula large rifle primer in my .308 175 SMK load with Varget and RP brass. The first thing I noticed when I seated them is that they went in a little bit tighter than my CCI's and have a slightly domed top.
I loaded ten rounds of my standard powder charge and ten rounds 1/10th of a grain below and above that to see what me speeds and accuaracy will be. Feel free to add anything if you have first hand experiance with these.
I will keep you all posted.
SScott

Re: Tula primers for .308 ??

Tula is great when the brass primer cup is loosening up, like you said its a bit thicker than CCI, Rem 9 1/2, and 210. They're consistant and I haven't had a misfire yet after 2500 reloads.

I have shot a lot of the Wolf primers, which are the same thing even down to part number with great luck. The cups are tougher or larger and many people do not get them seated enough and then they can cause misfires or very rapid (a couple of milliseconds) hangfires. I switched from my much loved Lee auto primer and got a KM hand primer and I can get them seated well and the tool has great feel to it so you know when you are seated.

They are great primers at a good price.

wade

Thats good information on the seating. I have squared all of my primer pockets on my brass and am using my Lee press to prime my cases so I can apply plenty of pressure.
Here is a pic comparing my CCI primers to the Tula, the Tulas are on top.
SScott
008-2.jpg