• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tumber Media

Re: Tumber Media

I use it until gets real dark, probably after about 2000 to 3000 rifle cases. But to be honest I don't see a lot of difference in the cleaning between the new and the old media.

David

i buy quite a bit of once fired brass and sometimes my tumbler is running 24/7 for weeks on end. i change the brass every 12 hours. after the media gets the green color (1K rounds or so) it will not clean brass in 12 hours like the newer media. it helps to run brass polish in it, tho

but if you get your walnut or corncob at the pet store, it is cheap enough to change out often.

i run old discolored brass in walnut for 12 hours. i clean loaded rounds in corncob for 30 to 45 minutes to get the resizing lube cleaned off.

I had used some for a couple of years and when it started taking 3 hours to clean brass I changed the old walnut in for some Lymans Corn Cob