• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tumbling with a Twist

Juma

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2014
Sorry if this is out there but if you run a tumbler adding stainless steel BB's makes areal addition to your media[ we run rice with car polish diluted with turps]Got to say it is a nifty trick.Using 177's.Threw in about 2400 to 7 cups of rice.Poor man's SSM tumbling.;)

I use a Thumler's Tumbler with stainless steel media, 1 liter H2O, 2 drops Dawn detergent (or 1 tsp LemiShine) and 1 tsp creme of tarter powder. Really cleans the brass and makes it shine like new. The creme of tarter is the real secret.

Cream of tarter like the powdered cream of tarter seasoning??? That's fricken weird but it works huh!? I just use dawn dish soap with lemishine and hot water, with a hot water rinse after tumbling and it's been pretty damn blingy!

Sorry if this is out there but if you run a tumbler adding stainless steel BB's makes areal addition to your media[ we run rice with car polish diluted with turps]Got to say it is a nifty trick.Using 177's.Threw in about 2400 to 7 cups of rice.Poor man's SSM tumbling.;)

I spaced this off but wouldn't adding bb's just add unneeded weight if you already have media in your tumbler? Obviously they wouldn't clean primer pockets any better. And rice?... That's just plain messy! Eh - if it works...