• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tuned saum mags

Pav67

Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
Mn
Tried this in gunsmith section and no luck.Looking for advice on adjusting saum mags.I have a bat tatical in a sentinel stock,feed ramp notched.The bullet tips catch before getting in chamber.6.5 saum in accurate mags any help appreciated.

I've got a barrel ordered to chamber in 6.5 SAUM to go on one of my Defiance Deviant short actions and was given this link

http://accurate-mag.com/magazines/

(see 6th magazine down) as the answer. I have some 308 Accurate mags and wondered if they could be modified to work.

If they're getting caught on the bottom side of the receiver under the feed ramp, you'll have to put a spacer plate in the front portion of the magazine or modify the feed ramp (notch and chamfer, or just chamfer the bottom side of the notch if it's already notched) to keep them from getting caught.

If it's a matter of the rounds nose-diving instead of hitting the feed ramp and feeding, then play with the lips of the magazine(s) or adjust the fit of the bottom metal (the latter is probably a GS endeavor) until you get the rounds at the right ride height to properly feed. Typically with the bolt out of the receiver and a loaded magazine inserted, you should be able to look from behind through the action bore and Juuuust see the primer of the top loaded round, or close to it. If you see well into the primer or barely see the rim, you're more likely to have issues.

Thanks Zep.Maybe sitting too high to start.I have one still unused and the feed lips are closer together when measured with a caliper.Both measure same front and back.Thought I had read somewhere the fronts may need to be opened up.Was looking for advice before I start bending.

Take some pictures. I run 10-round Alpha mags and feed 7mm WSM and 7mm WSSM (super stubby lookin' cartridge) just fine. Where's the bullet hanging up exactly?

The tip of the bullet catches the angled portion before the chamber.The feed ramp is notched and it clears that.The sentinel has the IMB chassis and I'm thinking it is just a mag issue.With a loaded mag the bottom of the primer is almost level with flat portion of back of mag.

Will try and figure out how to post pictures tonight.Looks similar to the ones in sendit65 thread feeding issues with new rifle.

Here's a helpful tool I've found that prevents chewing up your magazines feed lips

Attachments

• photo70950.png
    photo70950.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
The tip of the bullet catches the angled portion before the chamber.The feed ramp is notched and it clears that.The sentinel has the IMB chassis and I'm thinking it is just a mag issue.With a loaded mag the bottom of the primer is almost level with flat portion of back of mag.

I run one of my 6.5 4s in a Sentinel w/IMB and a Surgeon action with Acurate Mag 300WSM mags and Alpha 4 mags. Send me a PM and I'll help you set up your mags with some good starting lip settings, by the way the HS Precison mag tool should be in everyone's kit.

Bas402 Thanks.And others also.I have a MPA mag tool and appreciate all the help.Bas pm incoming.

Update.Bas402 got me squared away with great tips and advice.My mags were both to wide to start.Once adjusted they work perfect.Thanks Sully for helping others out.