• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tuner Question

Yes Sir, when the wind slows up I start seeing a heavy mirage on the target, my shot goes high. I've started picking up on it and just hold low to compensate. It's been working out for me. I've had others call it a mirage boil. The way it looks does remind me of water at a slow boil.....you can see a current moving in it.
I have seen the same thing. and yes, to me it looks like water flowing in a stream!

Reactions: BowChamp
Right on. I find mirage one of the more interesting aspects to try to master. I'm still quite challenged to pick up on switches in horizontal mirage which is a faster indicator than flags. Given I only ever buy blind lots I need some wind to level the playing field.
That is the only stuff I am shooting some from 2019 and more recent last December. I was at a match in AZ I heard September 2024 for a testing date at the Lapua Mesa center.

Lee

It says 4000 on it. I did a search and it seems like they were hand made by a guy. I’m probably just going to wait until spring to play with it. I’m never going to be shooting a match in cold weather.
if it says 4000 more than likely a Hoehn made by Ron Hoehn. Ron is no longer with us. the Harrell's is a direct decedent I guess you could say of the design.

Lee

Right on. I find mirage one of the more interesting aspects to try to master. I'm still quite challenged to pick up on switches in horizontal mirage which is a faster indicator than flags. Given I only ever buy blind lots I need some wind to level the playing field.
You mean they come another way!!! I'm not sure I'd know how to act if I had more than a brick or two of ammo that shot good!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've bought as few as 5 boxes and had very good results. I'm working on two bricks right now. When I first bought them, I shot 10 shots into a very small group followed by 5 X's on an ARA Unlimited target. I didn't finish the target for score cause I didn't want to waste the ammo, decided I'd save it for matches instead.

Yes Sir!!! I'm with you on that.....I do like the wind or anything else that seems to disrupt the shooting. (y)