• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tuners?

Rem.308oneshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
kentucky
Looking to buy a Tuner for my .22lr for ARA matches , looking at two different kinds , what’s your thoughts about them ? Thanks !

For fun I have started with 3 o rings stacked together on the barrel. I then started 1in back from the muzzle and recorded 5 shot groups for each 1 in moved. It did have an effect. I found a sweet spot in two locations.
Total cost other than ammo was around $1!

Without a tuner you most likely won't win any matches.

For fun I have started with 3 o rings stacked together on the barrel. I then started 1in back from the muzzle and recorded 5 shot groups for each 1 in moved. It did have an effect. I found a sweet spot in two locations.
Total cost other than ammo was around $1!

"O" rings, as in rubber O rings?

Reactions: Rover31
I have a couple of Harrell's tuners on different rifles and they really make it easy to dial in on different lots of ammo.

I do not take credit for the idea. Cannot remember where I heard about it. It is a variation on the limb saver barrel tuner which is the same concept. It is just a bigger piece of rubber.

Oring weight? Couple of oz maybe. It sounds crazy but it did change the harmonics.
Did it do what a “real” barrel tuner would do? I don’t know.
I know the limbsavers work on centerfire rifles with very impressive results.
Why wouldn’t a silly oring change the 22lr? Well it does...
You may think I’m crazy and you would not be wrong...

I don't think your crazy I was just curious about the weight
The picture shows three of my tuner rifles and a stack of shaft collars in half ounce increments.

Attachments

• IMG_20170225_212006657.jpg
    IMG_20170225_212006657.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: Rover31