• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing tungsten bullets WARNING GRAPHIC

totenkopf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
I only use tungsten-core bullets made by Powell River Labs and now Dynamic Research Technologies. I just wanted to illustrate the terminal performance of tungsten-core bullets. The bullet, a 200gr .308 was loaded to 2900ft/sec in a .300WM case. The mule deer in the picture was hit once with the 200gr in the rear quarter while on the run from about 400yards. The lead wasn't long enough, the damage, undeniable.
enjoy...

picture coming....

Re: tungsten bullets WARNING GRAPHIC

so you dont have to click on it--

DSC_0204.jpg

powdered tungsten, i assume. not a solid penetrator core.

Thats one up the pooper.. I can think of better ways to kill a deer.....Hey ! This meat taste like crap !!!!..
.........Little do they know........SmokeRolls

Nothing wrong with a Texas heart shot. I let a mossback walk this year, regret not giving him a bloody enema.

Hey totenkopf, fill your profile out (Like where your from). If you don't others will hound you about it and you won't hear the end of it...Just some friendly advice....SmokeRolls

BULLSEYE! GOT HIM RIGHT IN THE X-RING!

Please change name to Butt Sniper, now!

I thought tungsten bullets are used for armor pen purposes... this looks like a frangible round

there is nothing wrong with an "exploding" bullet for deer, in my opinion an eplosive bullet that gets 6" of penetration will have better results on deer sized critters than one with minimal expansion that will run from his ass to his nose, just my opinion from results ive seen with both, the explosive shock trauma from a high speed "explosive" bullet is hell on deer, even wih my dinky litte .243 95gr hornady ssts at 3100 when i clean my deer they will have exploded blood vessels all throughout there body, just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a tungsten EXPLODER?

And the befits here ARE?????????????? </div></div>

Waste of meat...
crazy.gif

umm that really shows a lot of umm ...brilliancy? I use tungsten nickle for ducks its cats ass but pricey as fuck, looks like you spent a lot to fuck up a lot?

thats over doing it.... don't you want to save that meat?!

Last edited:

different kinds of Tungsten rounds. Powdered (sintered) and pressed under lots of pressure and sometimes some form of bonding agent (glue) "exploding type", next is a tungsten penetrator that uses a sub caliber bullet inside a jacketed bullet AP, and also shotgun style that is either tungsten balls or a tungsten ball with some form of coating from the manufacturer to reduce the barrel from damage
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought tungsten bullets are used for armor pen purposes... this looks like a frangible round</div></div>

the part that nobody has addressed was the shot placement. not only did he waste a ton of meat he shot the deer in the ASS!!!!!!

400yrds on the run, not very bright

WTF, I guess if I ran around shooting deer in the ass i would need an exploding bullet as well.

kt

Jeez...I'll stick with traditional hunting bullets and proper shot placement.

1)Why shoot a deer in the ass?
2)Why post pictures of said mistake?
3)Why not use a hunting bullet?

If I was a dumbkoff (sp) or made a poor shot, I sure as hell wouldn't post pics of it. I enjoy venison too much for that. As one of the other posters stated, if that was the only shot available, I'd let it walk or wait till a better shot presented itself. Just my $0.02

There's only two places on a deer worth placing a shot into - the heart or the lungs. If you can't be sure of your shot, don't take it. This was nothing but inhumane thrillseeking.

You would be amazed by the number of HUNTERS(????) that screw up more meat than they eat .Bad shot placement/super mag bullets what ever!! Than what they do take home gets freezer burned and thrown ot 4 years latter. Probally spent $5000 on a guided hunt to boot.Now a chest shot with that bullet on some friggin insurgent I agree with but this crap just pisses me off. Why don't he just buy a 200 lb block of Ballistic gel and mold it into an ASS he should not have to look very far for a picture to copy from!! A 22 and a bag of corn will put MEAT on the table.It should be a law HEAD SHOTS only on all Game. Clean kill or clean miss.Gotta go before I tell you how I really feel!!!
Scot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It should be a law HEAD SHOTS only on all Game. Clean kill or clean miss.</div></div>

Then you've never seen a deer starve to death from a blown off jaw? Plenty of screw ups from head shots too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It should be a law HEAD SHOTS only on all Game. Clean kill or clean miss.</div></div>

Then you've never seen a deer starve to death from a blown off jaw? Plenty of screw ups from head shots too.</div></div>

+1000000

It is a sad thing to see when you are out in the woods

is that thing hanging with the guts in it? if so...
not only a bad shot but didnt gut it, is this your first time?

I just don't see the point of the thread.

You said enjoy?

Blow up some gel and show us the channel instead of a mutilated deer that hasn't been taken care of.

I failed to add how I hate a "HUNTER" that can"t track and finish the job.Because shit does happen. And how the hell does the guy that claims to shoot 1/4 in groups miss a 5" skull?
Scot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some might call that unethical. </div></div>
why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><snip> he shot the deer in the ASS!!!!!! <snip> </div></div>

Close to fifty years ago, we were tracking a wounded deer one evening with flashlights and Coleman lanterns in west Bexar County. We had enough of a blood trail that we eventually found the deer. Part way along the blood trail, we came to some bloody deer pellets. I can still hear my father saying very disgustedly, "D##n, he shot it in the ass."

I'm just wanting to know why it's not gutted yet? hope he's still going to eat the meat, even though it's a poorly placed shot there's still useful meat there , I don't know about you guys but I gut in the field right away then hang/skin.

I am suprised the guy is getting ripped on so much, but I do wonder about eating that meat with all the tungston dispersed from end to end. Are there health reprecussions?

At least the picture is of the deer skinned. It look slike he is prepping it to try and use the meat. Even though I admit the shot was not what you like to see, it appears he is doeing the right thing and trying to make the most of it. All you can do is learn from it an try to make abetter shot next time.

I do think Tungsten ammo is a bit much though, each to his own. If the game warden doe no have an issue then, I dont either.