• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turban Heavy Präzipress 120

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Any one use, own or seen one of these presses?

From what I have read in different reviews, this may be the best single stage press made.
    Yes, it is a lot of money, but I am in the schooling of buy once, cry once.

It's been a little over 5 months, but mine will be hitting customs for shipping to the U.S. on Monday.............thoughts

I seen't it on the Interwebsss. Never in person. One part of me wants one for the precision, but I have no platforms that would be able to take advantage of that level of precision-ness. If I were a super-duper-pro benchrest shooter, etc,

I want one. Pretty sure it will be my next press

the best is area 419

made in USA
    Yes, I am sure this is one of the best progressive reloading systems made today........I wanted a single stage.........I'm old, I'm slow, and I am retired..........something for me to do.........

Any one use, own or seen one of these presses?

From what I have read in different reviews, this may be the best single stage press made.
    Yes, it is a lot of money, but I am in the schooling of buy once, cry once.

It's been a little over 5 months, but mine will be hitting customs for shipping to the U.S. on Monday.............thoughts
    Link or photos? I am impressed by the 419 press as much for its industrial art value as anything.

would love to see this one.

Ah hell, looked it up.

5F3D0583-325F-491F-A420-D9C814BF630A.jpeg

it is purty!

Unt now I have some Deutschland cookies on mein phone.

Sirhr

Which brand of dies are you going to use? Turban recommends Triebel, both are pretty pricey.

I own and use this press with Redding Competition dies in .308Win. This press has been recommanded by my gunsmith Manfred Schmitt from STL Rifles here in Germany for a custom rig he was building for me. The task was maximum precision. He told me not to buy those Triebel dies but Redding Comp instead. I couldn't be more happy. This press is a piece of art as are the Redding dies. I use virgin Lapua brass and Scenar L 155gr, RS 40 and CCI BR2. For hunting I use RWS brass, Sax KJG SR bullets 124gr., CCI BR2 and RS 40. Works great for me.

Reactions: Baron23
    I originally was looking at the Triebel dies, I was emailing Michael, and he said I would get a quote from his sales people..........never happened.........I sent them a couple of emails, but got no response.

I do have a set of Redding dies that I will use with this press.

When I get 3 or 4 firings on some of this Lapua brass, I will be in the market for a Warner sizing die.

Last edited:
    Yes, I am sure this is one of the best progressive reloading systems made today........I wanted a single stage.........I'm old, I'm slow, and I am retired..........something for me to do.........
    What gives you the impression the Zero is progressive? It isnt.

What gives you the impression the Zero is progressive? It isnt.die
    The press has positions for more than one die, it may not automatically move a cartridge in a progressive mode, but you move the turrent, or whatever it is with the individual dies..........not a single stage.

So explain to me how it works.............

• The zero-slop turret head allows you to change between dies, eliminating the variability induced when removing and resetting dies

The turret system will be secured using a, over-sized, custom-made ZERO-point pull-stud, and the turret will be located using an oversized ball-detent system. Changing the position of the turret from one die to another will require only a turn of a (supplied) t-handle. When indexing the turret, repeatability variance of the system will be less than .0005″.

• The turret head allows the press to work with multiple die-attachments (7/8 thread currently, 1-1/4 thread, and future unreleased stuff) without goofy thread-stacking adapters

multiple dies........don't have to change dies for a different action.......switch the turret, pull the handle........not exactly my idea of a single stage press........YOMV.........

So explain to me how it works.............

• The zero-slop turret head allows you to change between dies, eliminating the variability induced when removing and resetting dies

The turret system will be secured using a, over-sized, custom-made ZERO-point pull-stud, and the turret will be located using an oversized ball-detent system. Changing the position of the turret from one die to another will require only a turn of a (supplied) t-handle. When indexing the turret, repeatability variance of the system will be less than .0005″.

• The turret head allows the press to work with multiple die-attachments (7/8 thread currently, 1-1/4 thread, and future unreleased stuff) without goofy thread-stacking adapters

multiple dies........don't have to change dies for a different action.......switch the turret, pull the handle........not exactly my idea of a single stage press........YOMV.........
    Its weird to me that you cant see the obvious advantages here, even after you paste their literature. It works exactly as your current press does with one exception, it stores fully set-up dies in the turret(precise and time saving). Where you currently screw and unscrew dies to change operations, the zero needs only to be indexed. It doesn't feed cases, doesnt prime cases, it doesn't charge cases, and it wont feed bullets. The operations you do now without a press, would be done without the zero press. Its a single stage press with fancy die storage and high precision. Pretty feature rich device for basically the same money as your Prazi.

I’ve got a Prazipress 140 that I ordered when I was getting set up for 50 BMG reloading. It turns out it won’t fit my seating die and I had to get a Corbin for that, but I didn’t realize that until the Prazipress was already on the way. I don’t regret it. It’s probably the best made machine I’ve ever used. It’s absurdly smooth and solid, and just fun to use. The only drawback is that it doesn’t fit some dies including many Whidden due to threading tolerances (someone mentioned Warner above, I’d worry about that too). I do think the Zero is probably the one to buy now especially as they come out with their own dies and shell holders, but the Prazipress is still a work of art and it does a great job.

What I know about the useable die sizes is what I read on their website............

headplate thread size 1 ½ x 12 UNF, inclusive adaptors to 1 ¼ x 12 UNF and 7/8 x 14 UNF

You should be able to use any commercial dies available............

I am sure the Zero is an excellent press..........but not my idea of a single stage press..........

Most, but not all. As I said, because of how tightly the threads are cut, you will run into tolerance issues with some dies. There is a thread or two on accurateshooter about this too. It’s still a great press, but it’s something to be aware of.

What I know about the useable die sizes is what I read on their website............

headplate thread size 1 ½ x 12 UNF, inclusive adaptors to 1 ¼ x 12 UNF and 7/8 x 14 UNF

I am sure the Zero is an excellent press..........but not my idea of a single stage press..........
    The ZERO can accomodate 7/8x14 and 1-1/4x12 (via extra turret) dies, which account for substantially all of the commercially available dies on the planet that are made for cases that can be reloaded on the ZERO.

If you want to reload 50BMG class cartridges, the big Prazi is a wonderful unit, and would be my recommendation.

If you want to reload multiple cases from 22LR to 375CT, the ZERO has no peer.

As far as I can tell, it’s a turret press but not a progressive press.

keeps you from having to reset your dies as the stay in place.

My friend, @GBMaryland, has one and it’s a beaut.

And that’s why I have his old Big Boss II. Haha

oops, I see that this was covered in detail by @Supersubes

Whether it’s anybody’s idea of a single stage press or not, it is in fact one.

Last edited:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion........I did my research, and picked the Turban press.........not saying the Zero is not a good press, but it is not my idea of a traditional single stage press. Enjoy yours, I'm sure I will enjoy mine.