• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turkey Hunting with an IWI TS 12

Pseudohero

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2018
Am I crazy to take an IWI TS 12 shotgun turkey hunting?

Going turkey hunting in a few months for the first time. I own an IWI TS12 shotgun and a Remington 870 wingmaster (new to me heirloom gun). After playing around with and shooting both I cannot figure out why anyone would hunt turkey without a red dot. The IWI seems ideal because it is much quicker on target for me. 18 inch barrel gives up some velocity but I think it will do the job. Going to cut some dowel rod or pvc to plug the tubes for compliance. I completely understand that I will look like some tactical freakshow with my spacegun but I really want to bring the IWI.

Am I missing something because all of my buddies are horrified by it? I think I am just ahead of my time.

I love having a red dot on my turkey gun. I would make sure to pattern your IWI TS and make sure that you know what your ethical distance is and to make sure your red dot is sighted in.

As long as you can stuff a full or turkey choke in it, and know how it patterns and points, shoot what makes you happy.

ID be bringing this
1612437889532.png

and fire starter to get the meal a going .fresh turkey mmmmm. and all the fixings