Turns out Corona Virus threat is all horsecrap.

magtech

Ole one eye
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Most of the vets I know who saw any real combat are smart enough to keep their heads all the way pressed down into the mud when the bullets are flying, and to expect the unexpected, being shot at normally teaches people a level of caution that seems to have escaped you.
Kid rock said it best: You've never met a motherfucker quite like me. (could be good or bad, fuck it)

Some people say im a selectional genius, others a dumbass. Other's called me asshole, whatever. My point is: Im not one who likes to hide their head in the proverbial mud while something is going on. I like to get into it and understand it. Yeah, it has its risks. Yes its bitten me a time or two... But I actually know how things work. I dont just believe what others tell me. Hate me for thinking different I give no fucks.

My conjecture is merely a point of reference for thought. I come in and say things because the reality, as i've experienced it, is different than that most others. So, to you im an idiot, because im not mind-fucked like everyone else. But, I have valid points in what I say, regardless of most peoples emotional irrationality.

When the air thins and this is forgotten into memory, feel free to message me telling me how wrong I was ( If my thought was that irrational). I have no problem owning up to an actual truth. Right now, according to science, there is no numerical truth... And if there is, and we are to believe the statistics, then this disease is nothing to worry about.

Source for numerical reference: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Right now, according to science, there is no numerical truth... And if there is, and we are to believe the statistics, then this disease is nothing to worry about.

Source for numerical reference: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/
I have a cough and cold like symptoms. Occasionally I cough up phglem... I go about my day as normal, because A: It's america, not China, and B: when did this country value self-defense less that weakling-defense. Literally, nobody cares.

My grandpa lives next door. He is 86. Smokes his whole life. I asked him a week about what he thinks about this. He said he doesnt give a rats ass and he'll continue to go out like always.... If the at-risk dont care. I sure as shit wont... people die everyday... Not my problem if another one dies.

Can you tell me where to ship a gift to you? I want to send you a small plant that you can carry around with you, so it can replace the oxygen you are fucking stealing from the rest of us.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I can understand everyone's perspective. There are guys that think the world is coming to an end mainly due to the media hype and brainwashing. There are guys that think why bother because we have no control over this shit anyhow. Viruses can't be controlled (they can't in my opinion as well.) Somewhere in the middle is reality.

This virus will spread and it has. It will not and can not be contained. History proves it. This current situation proves it. People can and should be cautious. If you have symptoms its best to stay home. This is really all we can do. Even if 200,000 don't make it, 99.5% of us will and can move on. I think that number is going to be much lower. I do feel for the families that are affected by this just as I do the ones that lose loved ones from any number of other reasons as well. We have all been there before.

rtB

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2019
Payson, AZ
Thanks for the paragraphs Raffy, I for sure trust you more now.

As of late yesterday, we have 1 case in our county. A 40 yo women who came back here from "traveling", no more info released.

magtech

Ole one eye
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Obviously, i'm speaking to army level mouth breathers. Let me help
Lets take the numbers from the link provided. It was probably too hard for you to click it and count.

In the 30-39 age bracket the death rate is .2% of the infection. According to the census there are 40M people in the Us in this age bracket.
Also according to latest statistics the corona infection rate per testing is 10%. What does this mean?

This means that if EVERYONE in my age bracket gets symptomatic all 40M, that 4M will get corona virus right now. of that 4M .2% may die. Thats 8000 people. Of that 8000 people there is a .9% overall death rate for people without complications. This means for someone like me, who is healthy, 72 people will die.... Out of the 40M symptomatic people.

These are actual numbers based on real statistics... Not some sensationalized bullshit used to scare people. 72 out of 40M is some pretty fucking good odds imo.

Now whiney bitches will be like... But people will fill the hospitals and clog up the system.... What if the hospitals actual triage patients and turned half-healthy ones away *gasp*. A handful COULD die, but according to the numbers most wont. But what would the system do if we didnt treat everyone and make $ off every person. We are so mind fucked in this country that most people are fucking blind.

Then theres the crowd "old people will die". News flash, Alice. These people are one foot in the grave anyhow. Most have complications or literally sit in a chair all day and slowly rot. These people lived some of the best years this country had and created what we are left to deal with today. Their time has passed. 90% of them will still die in the next 5 years with or without corona.

Then there's the medical people: But people are coming in everyday with it... You do know how this reporting works right.... heres an example: Guy comes in for heart attack, get automatically tested for corona, then he dies from a coronary... But since he had corona he automatically get listed as a corona death with complications due to heart disease. Corona might not have even bothered him. Same goes with car accidents,etc.

Doctors will be like, but we see so many corona patients.... I bet they do, they scared the old people... And doctors see patients, that is their job. Shit, the walk-in clinics closed here. urgent care closed. No shit, the hospital will see more patient, jesus fuck... Thats like all the car washes closing in spring and the one left open complaining about so many dirty cars coming in... well no shit... cant guess why.

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Kid rock said it best: You've never met a motherfucker quite like me. (could be good or bad, fuck it)

Some people say im a selectional genius, others a dumbass. Other's called me asshole, whatever. My point is: Im not one who likes to hide their head in the proverbial mud while something is going on. I like to get into it and understand it. Yeah, it has its risks. Yes its bitten me a time or two... But I actually know how things work. I dont just believe what others tell me. Hate me for thinking different I give no fucks.

My conjecture is merely a point of reference for thought. I come in and say things because the reality, as i've experienced it, is different than that most others. So, to you im an idiot, because im not mind-fucked like everyone else. But, I have valid points in what I say, regardless of most peoples emotional irrationality.

When the air thins and this is forgotten into memory, feel free to message me telling me how wrong I was ( If my thought was that irrational). I have no problem owning up to an actual truth. Right now, according to science, there is no numerical truth... And if there is, and we are to believe the statistics, then this disease is nothing to worry about.

tenor (38).gif

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Obviously, i'm speaking to army level mouth breathers. Let me help....

Now whiney bitches will be like... But people will fill the hospitals and clog up the system.... What if the hospitals actual triage patients and turned half-healthy ones away *gasp*. A handful COULD die, but according to the numbers most wont. But what would the system do if we didnt treat everyone and make $ off every person. We are so mind fucked in this country that most people are fucking blind.

Stop typing, right now, go to NYC or Seattle and offer your consulting services to any Level 1 Trauma Center.

Collect your millions.

Rinse, repeat.

Let us know how much money you end up making.

magtech

Ole one eye
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Stop typing, right now, go to NYC or Seattle and offer your consulting services to any Level 1 Trauma Center.

Collect your millions.

Rinse, repeat.

If the hospitals were actually in need they'd drop an all-call out for people with hospital experience to volunteer. Thats not happening.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Banned !
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
If the hospitals were actually in need they'd drop an all-call out for people with hospital experience to volunteer. Thats not happening.
In the Houston area, they have furloughed most of the surgical nurses. I guess I can't say most for sure but many.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Yeah, agreed. Because USNS Comfort and Mercy are just pulling into NYC and LA for the fuck of it. And the national guard is activating as many clinical personnel as they can, for the fuck of it. And state health systems are asking for retired care workers to come out of retirement, for the fuck of it.

You are blind.

Reactions: pwc001

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
why would anyone want to help someone who is threatening them, cursing them, already has all the equipment they need. Fuck NY, they will get what they voted for. I am from Jersey, fuck them too. Whiney bitches.

My DIL works in a major Seattle trauma center, they are handling things without breaking a sweat. Laughing at all this insanity coming out of the MSM, fucking idiots galore these days. The second Nancy got on that plane back to DC is the second I stopped giving a shit what happens in the lala land of the Blue bubbles.

Collect your millions.

Rinse, repeat.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
why would anyone want to help someone who is threatening them, cursing them, already has all the equipment they need. Fuck NY, they will get what they voted for. I am from Jersey, fuck them too. Whiney bitches.

My DIL works in a major Seattle trauma center, they are handling things without breaking a sweat. Laughing at all this insanity coming out of the MSM, fucking idiots galore these days. The second Nancy got on that plane back to DC is the second I stopped giving a shit what happens in the lala land of the Blue bubbles.
Working in healthcare, we try to leave politics and ideologies at the door, and we just try to be human first.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 22, 2014

My wife and son work at hospitals in RI and NY respectively and both believe that the Media being muzzled would be a huge step to restoring normalcy.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
No you dont. The AMA begged for the ACA, stop lying. As for the Comfort I want 1/50th of the beds Doctors and equipment off that vessel for my state, Fuk NY.
Yeah, we do. You can put that straw man back. I haven't seen any of our physicians ask our patient's what their partisan leanings are last time I checked.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
The AMA lobbied for the ACA. Period, now stop.
I agree! But how does this translate to anything relevant this discussion? The quote was:

why would anyone want to help someone who is threatening them, cursing them, already has all the equipment they need.
I am saying doctors are still going to work even in the face of adversity and ignore political bullshit in the name of patient care.

Would you want it any other way?

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
The South.
What numbers are being made up? You seem not to acknowledge that one can make inferences from incomplete data. Statistics may be abused, yes, but that doesn't mean that they are all fundamentally invalid, just like the fact that people sometimes lie doesn't mean that we should burn all books.
PLUS THE FACT...that as shooters we calculate using knowledgeable inputs based on time proven results and information present at the moment we wish to apply them to know where we are going as best we can. ?

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
This is the quote that is a lie, pure and simple, Healthcare is the biggest lobbying group we have in the country. Doctors, Schools, Big Pharma, Big Medical. Doctor Marcus MD is long dead, not that individual docs arent great and in the USA the best in the world, they do restrict how many new docs are allowed to be graduated and licensed in this country , state by state, any shortage of staff is their fault directly. Stop lying, of making shit up.

Working in healthcare, we try to leave politics and ideologies at the door, and we just try to be human first.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
This is the quote that is a lie, pure and simple, Healthcare is the biggest lobbying group we have in the country. Doctors, Schools, Big Pharma, Big Medical. Doctor Marcus MD is long dead, not that individual docs arent great and in the USA the best in the world, they do restrict how many new docs are allowed to be graduated and licensed in this country , state by state, any shortage of staff is their fault directly. Stop lying, of making shit up.
I am *literally* talking about the clinical environment of medicine, and direct patient care. You and the others are talking big policy and big government dynamics. Apples to oranges.

Federal government funds the vast majority of residency slots, and (some) state governments dictate how many facilities their counties can have via certificate of need (CON) applications.

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Medical licensing is a state responsibility.

The AMA dictates through their lobby's how many slots to their paid politicians, thats what they do.

I am *literally* talking about the clinical environment of medicine, and direct patient care. You and the others are talking big policy and big government dynamics. Apples to oranges.

Federal government funds the vast majority of residency slots, and (some) state governments dictate how many facilities their counties can have via certificate of need (CON) applications.

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
You literally said that they dont get involved and that is a lie, they are very much involved.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Medical licensing is a state responsibility.

The AMA dictates through their lobby's how many slots to their paid politicians, thats what they do.

Again, how is any of this relevant to a doctor currently elbow deep helping patients in any of these metros?

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
You literally said that they dont get involved and that is a lie, they are very much involved.
Of course physicians are actively involved in the management of their profession and influencing health policy, who is better than physicians to talk about the field of medicine?

But reread what I posted, we are talking past each other. If you truly believe physicians are treating patients dying of this disease today, through a lens of their personal politics, your tinfoil is wrapped too tight and/or I feel for you that you have that much paranoia.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
But they are not elbow deep. If they are it is their fault and the fault of their state government.

The ignorance in this statement is deafening. I hope whatever nurse and/or doctor treats you on your deathbed shows more compassion and empathy for your circumstances.

Fig

Janitor of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
^^^ All Opinions
Except for 1 and 6, which actually are facts. Facts are hard to come by right now, and I’m not talking about internet bullshit.

China has lied so often and egregiously none of their “data” can be trusted to mean anything. Once it left China we were basically starting from scratch as, if anything, all the “data” out of China is demonstrably false.

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
I give you facts you live in the feelings world. I hope you are not in a position of responsibility in th emedical field.

Of course physicians are actively involved in the management of their profession and influencing health policy, who is better than physicians to talk about the field of medicine?

But reread what I posted, we are talking past each other. If you truly believe physicians are treating patients dying of this disease today, through a lens of their personal politics, your tinfoil is wrapped too tight and/or I feel for you that you have that much paranoia.

• Haha
Reactions: chrome

phlegethon

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
Let's just take a look at this train wreck of innumeracy, shall we?

This means that if EVERYONE in my age bracket gets symptomatic all 40M
Sure, 40M.

that 4M will get corona virus right now.
Um, no, the fact that only 10% of tests are positive right now doesn't mean that only 10% can get the virus. Most epidemiologists estimate in uncontrolled spread, 50-75% would be infected. But let's keep going.

of that 4M .2% may die. Thats 8000 people.
Nice job, you successfully multiplied two numbers. Or found someone to help you? Anyway, we have 8,000 dead people in that age bracket...

Of that 8000 people there is a .9% overall death rate for people without complications.
Oh shit! They're dying twice! I did not see this coming. So you're applying this death rate to the other one? Does that mean that the 0.9% are zombies now?

This means for someone like me, who is healthy, 72 people will die.... Out of the 40M symptomatic people.
Yeah, that's definitely not what any of that means.

Last edited:

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Let's just take a look at this train wreck of innumeracy, shall we?

Sure, 40M.

Um, no, the fact that only 10% of tests are positive right now doesn't mean that only 10% can get the virus. Most epidemiologists estimate in uncontrolled spread, 50-75% would be infected. But let's keep going.

Nice job, you successfully multiplied two numbers. Or found someone to help you? Anyway, we have 8,000 dead people in that age bracket...

Oh shit! They're dying twice! I did not see this coming. So you're applying this death rate to the other one? Does that mean that the 0.9% are zombies now?

Yeah, that's definitely not what any of that means.
He's still trying to pronounce "epidemiologist."

phlegethon

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
Um...after the "purge" today....I'm pretty much sure that is absolutely not true. And...don't ask Frank. Just sayin'
Who else got purged? I gotta be honest, I never saw myself as the type to survive a purge...

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Hessian
Banned !
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
Who else got purged? I gotta be honest, I never saw myself as the type to survive a purge...
I just noticed the site went down for a bit and then when it came back up there were a lot of "new" symbols and some people had gone MIA. ArmyJerry groupies pushed and pushed on Frank and ...

Last edited:

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
Thanks for the paragraphs Raffy, I for sure trust you more now.

As of late yesterday, we have 1 case in our county. A 40 yo women who came back here from "traveling", no more info released.
LoL. Thanks for the trust. That is how ours started too. Now theres asymptoms and reporting delay so you wont know who else got it for the next few days.

armorpl8chikn

General Pain in the Ass
Belligerents
Aug 17, 2010
Western NC
Incorrect. Mathematical modeling isn't guessing. It's not random whether you are right or not. It depends greatly on how much data there is. If there is a lot of data, you can make predictions that are quite accurate. And that's exactly what's been happening here.
You are absolutely correct. And you know what makes it all work?
Sample size.

I played poker 4 times last week.
Each session, I had a showdown in which I was an 80\20 favorite. I lost all four showdowns. Therefore, statistics are garbage.....
No not so. Statistics should be based on larger statistical samples.

Everyone and his brother are slinging numbers out there. There are lots of data points missing. It's hard to figure your odds and outs, if you dont even know how many cards are in the deck.

I'm not saying it's all junk, I'm saying, dont act like you know everything just cause you are a janitor at St God's Hospital.

Reactions: Rthur

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Hessian
Banned !
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
" I'm not saying it's all junk, I'm saying, dont act like you know everything just cause you are a janitor at St God's Hospital."

Frankly, you have no idea what you are talking about compared to the Doctor commenting here, Dr. Phlegethon.