Turns out Corona Virus threat is all horsecrap.

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Media / professionals - The average person doesnt need a mask. It can actually put you at more risk because the average person doesnt know how to use them.

Media / professionals - You dont need gloves when you go to the store. Wearing gloves can actually put you at more risk because you could get the virus on your gloves, then touch your face or other frequently used surface.

20200331_204023.png
20200331_203837.png
20200331_203802.png
20200331_203617.png

Last edited:

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
Does anyone have any photos or videos of these over run hospitals with patients in the hallways? I have found plenty of videos that people posted of completely empty hospitals.

I better add before someone gets butthurt that I am not inferring this whole thing is made up. Just asking a question
Your going to be hard pressed to find that. Taking a photo of someone without their permission in a healthcare setting exposes the photographer to US HIPAA laws which are stricly enforced in healthcare and the person found to have let them do that will get canned as soon as they are found out. You'll never get a hallway shot of a bunch of people since you'll never get all of them to sign the paperwork to consent. That link posted of the zombies would actually be the healthcare workers all ganging up on the guy with the camera and he would never make it out alive. We cant even look up our own health records without major retribution due to the same laws. We have to get them requested and delivered to us by health records employees from our computer systems that we have constant access to the same way any other person has to, slowly.

clcustom1911

"Cartman 1-2, come in"
Belligerents
Oct 23, 2017
Texas Hill Country
If your theory were true then more asymptomatic people would test positive.
Testing is mostly for the active dna/RNA of the virus currently circulating in the body. The test we would need is the antibody or immunoglobulin test to figure out if one has had it at one point, and got over it.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I’m not attacking our resident Hide doctor here, but I’ve engaged in forum discussions/crusades before that have taken up a considerable amount of my time and energy. After days of you “winning” an internet argument you’re still consumed with trying to prove you’re right to every poster. If there is a current hospital crisis across the country, I’d imagine the hours spent educating us on a shooting forum could be spent elsewhere.
With the infection rate as it is, spending time attempting to educate people and encourage them to stay home is one of the most proactive things someone can do right now.

Reactions: wildcats

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
@chrome @phlegethon @Dthomas3523 @banned What else do you want to see people doing??

As I stated earlier our actions are being dictated to us by need and decree, our opinions aren’t really significant. It’s not like we are saying, “to heck with this hysteria, I’m going to work today” the doors are locked.You want me to yell at people walking their dogs? Should I quit kissing my wife?

Since you asked. I’d like you to quit being an ignorant asshole. While you may be staying home, others may read what you post and let that encourage them not to.

Encourage friends and family or anyone online to lay low and let this stuff run its course with as few unnecessary deaths as possible.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Does anyone have any photos or videos of these over run hospitals with patients in the hallways? I have found plenty of videos that people posted of completely empty hospitals.

I better add before someone gets butthurt that I am not inferring this whole thing is made up. Just asking a question
I dont think there are any for privacy reasons although that didnt stop one of the MSMs using tape from Italy and calling it NY.

This was news two, three days ago but Im not finding a link now so no reference not a story.

Last edited:

E. Bryant

Gearhead
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2010
MI
Since you asked. I’d like you to quit being an ignorant asshole. While you may be staying home, others may read what you post and let that encourage them not to.

Encourage friends and family or anyone online to lay low and let this stuff run its course with as few unnecessary deaths as possible.
You're responding to someone that posted a video which questions the existance of viruses in general. I think he's beyond rational thought at this point.

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
Is that like the weather person kneeling in a ditch talking about the flood water, the reporter in a canoe while people walk by, the staged truck fire ..........

And they get pissed when Trump calls them Fake News.
Shall we get real and recognize that this type of thing happens on all sides of the media spectrum?

Reactions: BallisticPrimate

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
Please show us a right wing fake report.
Oh wow... it would take a book. I mean, come on - all sides exaggerate. If you don't see that, then I am done even engaging with you as you are too far down the rabbit hole to see any light.

Reactions: Bradu

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Oh wow... it would take a book. I mean, come on - all sides exaggerate. If you don't see that, then I am done even engaging with you as you are too far down the rabbit hole to see any light.
I agree 100%. But the report referenced above for CBS wasnt an exaggeration, it was downright very misleading. You could even say it was fake as fuck and you would be more right that wrong.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
I agree 100%. But the report referenced above for CBS wasnt an exaggeration, it was downright very misleading. You could even say it was fake as fuck and you would be more right that wrong.
I'm not disputing that. But to paint media bias, fake/misleading reporting, etc. as strictly one side or the other is the epitome of ignorance. If you're not getting your news from more than one source, then you're a pawn - plain and simple.

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
I'm not disputing that. But to paint media bias, fake/misleading reporting, etc. as strictly one side or the other is the epitome of ignorance. If you're not getting your news from more than one source, then you're a pawn - plain and simple.
Hope that isnt directed to me, I was just pointing out that the example is not "exaggeration" it is actually fake and a lie.

And to be honest, getting news from multiple sources is useless as well. Better is to use your own sensibilities and critical thinking skills to read between the lines and detect bias.

Its a lot easier when you know there is only "one side" and then there is "us people".

Reactions: Tims

PracticalTactical

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 13, 2019
The timing of this whole Corona thing is too perfect not to be deliberately released. Not an engineered virus because that would be incriminating. Just something obscure they had in storage for a while and studied long enough to understand.

Trump pounds China with tariffs, beats his impeachment which damaged Saint Biden credibility not to mention the liberals in general.

Trumps post impeachment speeches were all about the strong economy and low unemployment.

His enemies take notes and draw up a scheme to upset he apple cart and implode the economy. with the added benefit of terrorizing the public into forfeiting freedom in the interest of public safety. Let's not forget the liberal media squeezing every ounce of juice out of this thing.

The timing is all just too perfect to be coincidence or happenstance.

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
Hope that isnt directed to me, I was just pointing out that the example is not "exaggeration" it is actually fake and a lie.
No - to the majority of people in general

And to be honest, getting news from multiple sources is useless as well. Better is to use your own sensibilities and critical thinking skills to read between the lines and detect bias.
Well, this is where I find that the "more than one source" thing comes in handy. It brings to light things that are dramatically different between two sides of reporting an issue. This triggers the need to investigate and discern from multiple sources where the general line of truth may lay - and you may still never be exact, but you can get closer to it.

Two of my favorite cases of this:

From the left:
A couple years ago, I kept hearing all this "news" about how there had been more school shootings that year than ever before. I'll stipulate for the record, that any school shooting is a bad thing. It was like May and I saw a story that there had been something like 28 school shootings so far that year. I was like, "that doesn't seem right." Then I kept seeing news from the other side about the fact that school shootings were basically being overblown. So I did what too many people are too lazy to do: I researched it. The 28 "school shootings" included a drug deal in the middle of the night on school property, domestic violence in an on-campus college apartment, etc. Were these technically school shootings? Yes, because they took place on school property. Were they conflating Parkland with a drug deal? Yes, and that dishonors the Parkland students that died and the families and friends of the victims.

From the right:
I kept seeing forwarded emails about this next thing, and was thinking "that doesn't sound right." But then it came up in conversation with a friend, and shortly thereafter I saw it on a "news" story on a right-leaning outlet. The story was that Obama was taking over the government with all his executive orders, and that he had done more than any other president in modern history. Now, every president I've seen in office did executive orders and it didn't seem to me that Obama was doing more than Bush or Clinton or the other Bush or Reagan (that's where my effective memory stops on political things). So I did what too many people are too lazy to do: I researched it. Literally I went to the White House archives and counted executive orders. Can anyone guess who was the last president to have fewer executive orders than Obama (on a per-term basis)?

Reactions: OldSalty

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019

Well, this is where I find that the "more than one source" thing comes in handy. It brings to light things that are dramatically different between two sides of reporting an issue. This triggers the need to investigate and discern from multiple sources where the general line of truth may lay - and you may still never be exact, but you can get closer to it.

From the left:
A couple years ago, I kept hearing all this "news" about how there had been more school shootings that year than ever before. I'll stipulate for the record, that any school shooting is a bad thing. It was like May and I saw a story that there had been something like 28 school shootings so far that year. I was like, "that doesn't seem right." Then I kept seeing news from the other side about the fact that school shootings were basically being overblown. So I did what too many people are too lazy to do: I researched it. The 28 "school shootings" included a drug deal in the middle of the night on school property, domestic violence in an on-campus college apartment, etc. Were these technically school shootings? Yes, because they took place on school property. Were they conflating Parkland with a drug deal? Yes, and that dishonors the Parkland students that died and the families and friends of the victims.

From the right:
I kept seeing forwarded emails about this next thing, and was thinking "that doesn't sound right." But then it came up in conversation with a friend, and shortly thereafter I saw it on a "news" story on a right-leaning outlet. The story was that Obama was taking over the government with all his executive orders, and that he had done more than any other president in modern history. Now, every president I've seen in office did executive orders and it didn't seem to me that Obama was doing more than Bush or Clinton or the other Bush or Reagan (that's where my effective memory stops on political things). So I did what too many people are too lazy to do: I researched it. Literally I went to the White House archives and counted executive orders. Can anyone guess who was the last president to have fewer executive orders than Obama (on a per-term basis)?
Fair enough. Just remember, in the end reps and dems play on the same side. The power provided by division. Oh and, you cant even trust stats...as they are politically driven as well.

Sad state we are in...JS.

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012

From the left:

From the right:
Did your research also include what the subject of those EOs were? A lot of EOs are mere ceremony. 1000 EOs designating Jan. xxth as "National _____ Day" are essentially innocuous compared to declaring you're going to "use your pen and your phone" to bypass Congress, circumvent the will of the People, and say, unilaterally grant amnesty to 4 million illegal aliens - something that HE HIMSELF previously admitted he did not have the legal authority to do. Didn't stop him though. Thankfully, his first assesment turned out to be correct. Unfortunately however, he had many others that were similar. Numbers don't mean anything without interpretation. The number of IMPACTFUL EOs, and how they represent the will of the People is what is important. (And, how can it be that courts rule that one President has authority to issue an EO, but the following one does NOT have the authority to reverse it by EO?)

So when Snopes, or whatever, says FALSE, it completely ignores the meaning of the accusation of what a particular President DID by EO.

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
Did your research also include what the subject of those EOs were? A lot of EOs are mere ceremony. 1000 EOs designating Jan. xxth as "National _____ Day" are essentially innocuous compared to declaring you're going to "use your pen and your phone" to bypass Congress, circumvent the will of the People, and say, unilaterally grant amnesty to 4 million illegal aliens - something that HE HIMSELF previously admitted he did not have the legal authority to do. Didn't stop him though. Thankfully, his first assesment turned out to be correct. Unfortunately however, he had many others that were similar. Numbers don't mean anything without interpretation. The number of IMPACTFUL EOs, and how they represent the will of the People is what is important. (And, how can it be that courts rule that one President has authority to issue an EO, but the following one does NOT have the authority to reverse it by EO?)

So when Snopes, or whatever, says FALSE, it completely ignores the meaning of the accusation of what a particular President DID by EO.
I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours.

Please reread what I wrote about the point of the story.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012
I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours.

Please reread what I wrote about the point of the story.
Thanks for the insult. Discussing this more maturely, "The story was that Obama was taking over the government with all his executive orders, and that he had done more than any other president in modern history." Then you presented your research to the contrary: " Literally I went to the White House archives and counted executive orders."

If you are saying that your post doesn't disagree with mine, then you are correct - I don't see it. Explain further and maybe I will. "Had done more" doesn't necessarily mean raw numbers. I don't think you are too stupid to read, though.

Rocketmandb

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2018
Thanks for the insult. Discussing this more maturely, "The story was that Obama was taking over the government with all his executive orders, and that he had done more than any other president in modern history." Then you presented your research to the contrary: " Literally I went to the White House archives and counted executive orders."

If you are saying that your post doesn't disagree with mine, then you are correct - I don't see it. Explain further and maybe I will. "Had done more" doesn't necessarily mean raw numbers. I don't think you are too stupid to read, though.
"More executive orders" = quantity

EDITED: I can see how you could construe it as more being more effect vs. quantity. The story was about "more executive orders" from a quantity perspective.

This was not meant to be a discussion on the previous president, but rather exemplify how both sides of the media spout everything from a version of the truth, to misleading statements, to downright falsehoods.

Last edited:

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012
"More executive orders" = quantity

Clear yet?
It is to me, and was the first time. There is a difference in "done more EOs" than "done more BY EOs".
I don't know what specific story you're referencing, but I do vividly recall this argument when it was current. The Right was claiming he was overstepping his authority, doing everything by EO, and the Left was putting up a straw man argument that Bush, Clinton, etc. had all passed MORE EOs. Apples/Oranges.

GET THIS: While I can't speak to your specific story that you haven't linked, it doesn't really matter. It may have mentioned numbers, I don't know. But the real argument from the Right, and the ACTUAL CLAIM from most conservative-leaning outlets at the time, was never that he passed MORE EOs by number, but that he was DOING MORE by EO (and it was a very valid claim). The Left-leaning outlets immediately responded with the straw man argument that he had passed fewer in sheer numbers than his predecessors. So, perhaps the SPECIFIC article out there in the ether that you are referencing may have made that claim as an uninformed example (if it did), it does not represent the argument of the time that was being made, and you may have succeeded in taking down that one article in your research by counting EOs, but it really had nothing to do with representing the bulk of reporting from conservative-leaning outlets. (IE, it did NOT represent the assertion of the conservative-leaning press, which I believe you are trying to link it to).

Clear yet?

EDIT: The above was written prior to your edit. There are KOOK stories on both sides of the media. There is no point in discussing them. If the article you reference was citing total numbers, it is a KOOK story and not worth mentioning, as it does not represent the actual position of the major conservative-leaning outlets at the time. It is also a KOOK story because virtually anyone can verify its inaccuracy, as you did (and I'm guessing that's not your profession). It deserves no more attention than something from Infowars (except for those rare nuggets when he turns out to be correct).

Last edited:

E. Bryant

Gearhead
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2010
MI
912 deaths yesterday from COVID-19. That's roughly 10x the average number of daily deaths from auto accidents.

Growth still looks exponential (insert caveats about small sample sizes here):

Screenshot_20200401-141133.png

Reactions: phlegethon

lonegunman762x51

Msgt
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2011
Eastern Washington
1585765810768.png
The overall cumulative hospitalization rate was 67.3 per 100,000 population, which is higher than all recent seasons at this time of year except for the 2017-18 season. 176.8 per 100,000 for the over 65 population. 61,000 flu related deaths.

Based on National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) mortality surveillance data available on March 26, 2020, 7.4% of the deaths occurring during the week ending March 7, 2020 (week 11) were due to P&I. This percentage is above the epidemic threshold of 7.3% for week 11.

We are having a epidemic of flu, its killing far more people than the dreaded Corona.........................no one cares in the least.

jakelly

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 31, 2011
Norman, OK

I’m not ignorant and I haven’t been an asshole. My friends, family, and every single person on the internet already know about this. Neither your words nor mine are going to change their mind about how they should conduct themselves. Just admit it, you guys are freaked out, and anyone that doesn’t want to join your panic party grates on you. You are attacking anyone that disagrees, under the guise “to save lives” ?
You're responding to someone that posted a video which questions the existance of viruses in general. I think he's beyond rational thought at this point.
Did you even listen to the interview? Did you hear who he was, or the members of the scientific community that backed him? I only posted that to show that the science is far from settled on this topic (and many others), yet that’s all you ever hear from the talking heads that represent “science”.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Why don't you left wing kids go outside to play?

Preferred would be in middle of the freeway.

I probably read and watch news for 4 hours a day lately since I'm conserving ammo and reloading supplies.

You shitheads are sickening with your leftwing bullshit.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Where do you find people without underlying conditions?

Or are they just lying to get treated and get past triage?

Is it " under lying conditions"?

E. Bryant

Gearhead
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2010
MI
Where do you find people without underlying conditions?

Or are they just lying to get treated and get past triage?

Is it " under lying conditions"?
No kidding. By the time someone gets into their 40s, the likelihood of having a complete lack of "underlying conditions" (per the footnote in the above document) is pretty damn slim.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
As I said lying to hoard them for themselves.

Should be relived of duty, tarred and feathered.

EGwhisper

Blaster
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Anyone who thinks COVID is a serious risk is a fucking idiot. I have 4 people in my county of 60,000 who supposedly tested positive. Big whoop.

Affects elderly? We're talking about a respiratory disease, right? They never gave a fuck about breathing before when smoking became frowned upon in the '70's. I still see people walking around smoking. Is COVID more deadly than cancer now?

Worst case: COVID is a plague sent down to punish the sinners packed in like rats in the big cities. Nature has a way of balancing itself out eventually. Lower metro population would lower our welfare obligation...

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
The South.
Anyone who thinks COVID is a serious risk is a fucking idiot. I have 4 people in my county of 60,000 who supposedly tested positive. Big whoop.

Affects elderly? We're talking about a respiratory disease, right? They never gave a fuck about breathing before when smoking became frowned upon in the '70's. I still see people walking around smoking. Is COVID more deadly than cancer now?

Worst case: COVID is a plague sent down to punish the sinners packed in like rats in the big cities. Nature has a way of balancing itself out eventually. Lower metro population would lower our welfare obligation...
Shithead talk is all can be said to that.

Reactions: Ravenworks

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Shithead talk is all can be said to that.
He probably drew that conclusion looking at the NYC data. Only 14 out of the 1200 casualties had no underlying conditions. Seems like less of a threat at this point to me.

Be cautious like always. Dont be scared.

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
The South.
He probably drew that conclusion looking at the NYC data. Only 14 out of the 1200 casualties had no underlying conditions. Seems like less of a threat at this point to me.
Compared to lots of things that could be said if just end #’s (I’m following it) but it doesn’t change my statement.

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
The South.
I’ve seen enough death personally to respect the things that bring it. This thread is for the argument mainly, some good discussion is happening too, but my statement stands.

Last edited:

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
All you scum telling people not to wear or buy masks were wrong because you are stupid and the worst of scum hoarding them from the rest of us.

You scum should be caughed on by all passers by.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Try watching nbc or cbs this evening all the med field crawfishng trying to walk back thier mistake.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
It’s currently the 3rd leading cause of death’s per day.

Heart disease and cancer are number 1 and 2. Difference is neither of those are contagious.

Went from unknown to 3rd leading cause of deaths per day in 3-6months depending when you believe it first hit our shores.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate