Turns out Corona Virus threat is all horsecrap.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
It’s currently the 3rd leading cause of death’s per day.

Heart disease and cancer are number 1 and 2. Difference is neither of those are contagious.

Went from unknown to 3rd leading cause of deaths per day in 3-6months depending when you believe it first hit our shores.
Its also the most commonly used political weapon and vessel to spread lies and misinformation to scare people into giving up all their rights to the local, state, and federal authorities for our “safety.”

I still feel it is exaggerated for nefarious purposes. All but 14 of the 1200 NYC deaths had underline medical conditions.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Its also the most commonly used political weapon and vessel to spread lies and misinformation to scare people into giving up all their rights to the local, state, and federal authorities for our “safety.”

I still feel it is exaggerated for nefarious purposes. All but 14 of the 1200 NYC deaths had underline medical conditions.
So, why not just go out and shoot everyone with underlying conditions? Because they matter too. And one do you may be in this category. So could I.

It doesn’t matter what people are using it for. (It does, but that’s an entirely different conversation) It’s a problem that needs to be handled. If not, then the 200k that will likely die, would turn into 400k or 1million.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
So, why not just go out and shoot everyone with underlying conditions? Because they matter too. And one do you may be in this category. So could I.

It doesn’t matter what people are using it for. (It does, but that’s an entirely different conversation) It’s a problem that needs to be handled. If not, then the 200k that will likely die, would turn into 400k or 1million.
That first comment was stupid and you know that. That is completely out of context.

If you are healthy you will be fine. If not then then you are on borrowed time. This is factual. This doesn’t mean that I wish anything on anyone.

If you think this can be separated from politics you are Wrong.

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
A lot of these preexisting conditions are not life threatening and people with them might normally be expected to live for almost as long as people without them. Diabetics and high blood pressure being examples, people who have those conditions are not on "borrowed time" under normal conditions.

Reactions: Bradu and OldSalty

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
That first comment was stupid and you know that. That is completely out of context.

If you are healthy you will be fine. If not then then you are on borrowed time. This is factual. This doesn’t mean that I wish anything on anyone.

If you think this can be separated from politics you are Wrong.
No, it wasn’t out of context at all. It’s the same as anyone saying this isn’t a big deal because it only hurts people with underlying conditions.

It makes you an asshole. And guess what, any of us could be in some sort of accident tomorrow which puts us in an ICU. And ICU where either A) it’s understaffed now and B) you are now at a high risk of contracting and developing covid-19 and guess what....you have a pretty big (though maybe temporary) underlying conditions.

This virus affects us all.

And it’s extremely easy to separate this from politics. Turn off the news and just go about your day (while maintaining the proper precautions and not being out when you don’t have to be)

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
A lot of these preexisting conditions are not life threatening and people with them might normally be expected to live for almost as long as people without them. Diabetics and high blood pressure being examples, people who have those conditions are not on "borrowed time" under normal conditions.
And this is why my example of shooting people is within context.

Most of these underlying conditions were not on borrowed time until now.

But, this is how it’s going to continue. The naysayers are seeing their ridiculous examples and math fall apart by the day. Now they will either focus on some other ridiculous number or a conspiracy theory.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
^^^^^^^^^**
This goes both ways. Time will tell the truth.

i can believe what I have been saying all along and still not wish death on people like @Dthomas3523 thinks. There is no reason to take my words and rewrite them in your posts but change the context in the process in order to prove your point. Thats what you are doing.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
Posted in the main thread but most seem active here..

But WTF is up with this?

Video shows not much going on at major hospitals where there are supposed to be a lot of sick people.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
^^^^^^^^^**
This goes both ways. Time will tell the truth.
It already has. 1.2% death rate on known cases is already over 2.2% and climbing.

Doctors are sending people home with oxygen they would normally keep in the hospital.

Refrigerated trailers are being use to store the bodies. And people are dying without their loved ones allowed to see them.

We are already where naysayers said we wouldn’t be. The math and models show it increasing.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS

But WTF is up with this?

Video shows not much going on at major hospitals where there are supposed to be a lot of sick people.

There are several videos worldwide of empty hospitals and people not willing to answer questions.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas

But WTF is up with this?

And this is what fuels the retarded conspiracy theories.

They don’t keep people in the lobby as that defeats the purpose of controlling infections.

HIPAA laws prevent them from going to the ICU.

little_scrapper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
It already has. 1.2% death rate on known cases is already over 2.2% and climbing.
1.2% among KNOWN CASES. KNOWN CASES being the operative word. For every KNOWN CASE how many unknown cases do you suppose there are? Im guessing that for every known case there are literally hundreds of unknown cases. Doesn't even seem unreasonable to me that for every know case there is probably at least a hundred unknown cases; seeing as MOST people who are exposed don't even show symptoms.

Now using that logic do the math again and ask yourself; why is the media hyping this? Money to be made?

If after the dust settles and we have even a 100K deaths in this year then we just rose to the level of a bad flu season. In the last few years we have had nearly 200K deaths from regular flu in this country alone. The media is hyping 240K deaths possible. I ask: "in what timeframe?"

Sorry but the numbers DONT bear it out. 3 yrs ago we had 80K deaths in this country alone from regular flu. If we double that number I will admit you are right and I am wrong. If in the end we have say, 50K deaths, that's just flu season.

That being said, I am basically self quarantining. I go to work because I am considered an essential worker. Other than that I don't go anywhere I don't have to. Because I am not arrogant enough to assume I am correct. I could be completely wrong. But until I see 100K (in the US) deaths and climbing; I just don't buy it.

Last edited:

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
And this is what fuels the retarded conspiracy theories.

They don’t keep people in the lobby as that defeats the purpose of controlling infections.

HIPAA laws prevent them from going to the ICU.
That's not what the news showed at 3:02 in the video.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Millions will suffer and it won’t be because of the Corona virus but the reaction to it. Money/power grab.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
But but but. They are telling people to stay home and not go to work so they don't spread their germs. When all along they could have worn a mask and accomplished the same.
Note that the face masks worn by people in Asia are not effective at protecting the wearer - they are to keep the wearer from spreading germs to others.
Does it matter if the protection is passive?
If everyone is wearing them doesn't it accomplish the same thing?
Nevermind, you have already made your position know and it's unlikely that you would even consider something else.
But hey, Wally World is open. Maybe they will have some of those Chinese masks

MosesTheTank

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2011
GA
1.2% among KNOWN CASES. KNOWN CASES being the operative word. For every KNOWN CASE how many unknown cases do you suppose there are? Im guessing that for every known case there are literally hundreds of unknown cases. Doesn't even seem unreasonable to me that for every know case there is probably at least a hundred unknown cases; seeing as MOST people who are exposed don't even show symptoms.

Now using that logic do the math again and ask yourself; why is the media hyping this? Money to be made?

If after the dust settles and we have even a 100K deaths in this year then we just rose to the level of a bad flu season. In the last few years we have had nearly 200K deaths from regular flu in this country alone. The media is hyping 240K deaths possible. I ask: "in what timeframe?"

Sorry but the numbers DONT bear it out. 3 yrs ago we had 80K deaths in this country alone from regular flu. If we double that number I will admit you are right and I am wrong.
Not seeing any logic, definitely no math, and most obviously no data. Where do you get your data from? How do you pull it all together (there so much out there)?

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Millions will suffer and it won’t be because of the Corona virus but the reaction to it. Money/power grab.
Oh, its real. I would ask that you find the family of loved one who has died due to cv19 and explain.

However, I do agree that there is more to it and im fact there are many power games being played under the table.

Both can be true. Its not all or nothing.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Oh, its real. I would ask that you find the family of loved one who has died due to cv19 and explain.

However, I do agree that there is more to it and im fact there are many power games being played under the table.

Both can be true. Its not all or nothing.
I have never once said the virus isn’t real. That is only what others here say I said. The virus is real as any. Its not what I am worried about in the least. I wash my hands. I am worried about this “cure”. I am worried about what comes next.

Reactions: OldSalty

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
Well if it is an enhanced crisis they better clean up the holes in the presentation a bit better.

Society is an agreement and should people find out they've been outright duped while playing by the rules, then things are likely to get froggy real quick.

Snipe260

Captain
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
It’s nothing more than the common cold! Y’all guys that believe me need to go about your daily lives and visit your parents and grandma whenever you want!

little_scrapper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 31, 2019

Sorry but the numbers DONT bear it out. 3 yrs ago we had 80K deaths in this country alone from regular flu. If we double that number I will admit you are right and I am wrong. If in the end we have say, 50K deaths, that's just flu season.

That being said, I am basically self quarantining. I go to work because I am considered an essential worker. Other than that I don't go anywhere I don't have to. Because I am not arrogant enough to assume I am correct. I could be completely wrong. But until I see 100K (in the US) deaths and climbing; I just don't buy it.
Not seeing any logic, definitely no math, and most obviously no data. Where do you get your data from? How do you pull it all together (there so much out there)?
The CDC. Go there and look at how they derive thiers. Then do some simple extrapolation.

50-500 million get the flu every year. 500K or more die from the flu every year. The REGULAR flu is serious. It kills in droves. However, so far the numbners DONT bear it. Let me know when we hit 500K Covid deaths. Until then, please keep a skeptical perspective. Don't just believe what you are told. Call me when we hit 500K deaths. I will have a written apology in hand. Ohh wait. 500K is regular flu. tap me on the shoulder when we pass 800K Covid deaths.

As for explaining it to covid victims. Phht please. 150K people die EVERY DAY. Babies are dying all over this hospital. I will worry about mine!

Last edited:

Gaznazdiak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
Australia
You have to be careful reading internet posts, eh?
Some of the silliness is just sad, but some is hilarious.
I had just taken a big gulp from my cup when I read one poster claiming in relation to covid 19 that it's the Democrats to blame.
I actually sprayed hot tea out of both nostrils onto my keyboard, so thanks for that.

I normally give zero credence to conspiracy theories, or their creators, because they are usually so preposterous and easily debunked, so I feel that I've either slipped over to the loony side or there is something to how I see things happening.
I really hope it's the former.....

China, under their new Emperor Xi has become increasingly ascendant militarily and economically, and make no mistake, a ruler for life whose every whim is considered law is an Emperor.

They plan 50-100yrs ahead.

They have spent trillions building their belt and road project for "trade" but it will work just as well to transport troops, tanks and self-propelled artillery into western Asia and Europe as it does containers of crappy products and would ensure a secure logistical supply chain to support an invasion.

They have built artificial military-base islands in the most important trade route in the world and filled them with anti-ship and anti-aircraft missile systems and runways capable of handling long range heavy bombers.

They are the world's 2nd biggest economic and military power and they have been assiduously undermining and breaking down long standing diplomatic ties amongst other nations.

They use "Debt Trap Diplomacy" to forcibly bind undeveloped nations to them.

They spend more than any other nation except the US on military build up, US$175.4 billion last year alone and it is still increasing.

They have had their military oceanographic ships mapping the routes around the world that are used for submarine transits of US and their allies' submarines. https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/spy-vs-spy-as-china-eyes-us-oz-sea-defense-moves/https://www.news.com.au/technology/...n/news-story/376f78a56420f4f144678b7c7406c0e6

They are a communist authoritarian dictatorship with 1.6 billion people, where the individual means nothing and is totally subordinated to the aims of the state and they have no qualms about "spending" a million individuals to achieve a strategic or tactical aim, as an example, the human wave attacks China sent at the UN troops during the Korean war.

For decades their industrial espionage and economic tactics have made them a preeminent market for resources and manufacturer of virtually everything. Their predatory underpricing has driven manufacturing out of other countries into China.
Australia isn't the only country that has been foolish enough to tie their economic well being to China.

Now if they developed a zoonotic virus, like covid 19, and spread it around to their targets it would soon be obvious where it came from and they would be nuked into the stone age.

So, they release it in China first so it looks natural. After all, so many new pathogens originate there because of their unsanitary crowding together in "wet markets" of wild animals that have never had contact in nature.

They keep it under wraps for months while they let millions of infected citizens out to spread it around the world and come down real hard on doctors like Li Wenliang who speak out about it. They report that this healthy 36yo subsequently died of the virus, but did he or was he put down for letting the cat out of the bag?

The virus was in Wuhan in November 2019 but they assiduously covered it up for months.

They initially refused to share information or samples of the virus with other nations.

Every country affected has traced the introduction directly or indirectly back to travellers from China.

They then use their totalitarian system to aggressively shut it down at home and sit back and watch while the economies of their enemies collapse into chaos. Australian economists predict that it will take generations to recover from from the debt created by the stimulus strategies needed here just to keep the economy from crashing.

They had it first and due to their authoritarian clamp down will most likely be the first to recover medically and economically.

The USS Theodore Roosevelt is perhaps the first military casualty, what happens to the balance of power if she becomes non operational because of the covid 19 already wreaking havoc on board? If this continues she won't be the last.

When we are at our lowest, they can strike.

Here are just 3 quotes from Sun Tzu's Art Of War:

"All warfare is based on deception."

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

"If you wait long enough by the river, the bodies of your enemies will float by."

For the first time in history they are now allies of their neighbours and traditional enemies in Russia, they held massive war games last year with their new mate Putin, who has coincidentally just moved to extend his presidency indefinitely, coincidence?
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/mil...ia-war-games-beijings-ties-washington-unravel

Look at the damage the oil price war, started by Putin, has done to the US economy and US oil companies in particular, just in time with the virus, another coincidence?

Australia's Border Force has seized shoddy, unsafe for use medical PPE sent from...............China.

They have also stopped shipments of genuine PPE from being sent illegally from Australia to..............China.

The Australian government has had to put restrictions on foreign investment because of predatory behaviour toward suffering businesses by investors from............China.

A lot of "coincidences".

I will admit that I have never liked China or Russia and that sentiment no doubt has some influence on my opinion, but those dots just keep lining up and I don't care for the picture.

Now, more than any other time, we all need to put our internecine, partisan bickering on the back burner and recognise the real threat, where it's actually coming from and who will be the most affected by it.

I really, really hope I am just getting paranoid and letting my imagination make connections where there are none.
I hope I'm just seeing boogymen in the shadows.

Whether I am or not, good luck to all of you in what's coming.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
You have to be careful reading internet posts, eh?
Some of the silliness is just sad, but some is hilarious.
I had just taken a big gulp from my cup when I read one poster claiming in relation to covid 19 that it's the Democrats to blame.
I actually sprayed hot tea out of both nostrils onto my keyboard, so thanks for that.

I normally give zero credence to conspiracy theories, or their creators, because they are usually so preposterous and easily debunked, so I feel that I've either slipped over to the loony side or there is something to how I see things happening.
I really hope it's the former.....

China, under their new Emperor Xi has become increasingly ascendant militarily and economically, and make no mistake, a ruler for life whose every whim is considered law is an Emperor.

They plan 50-100yrs ahead.

They have spent trillions building their belt and road project for "trade" but it will work just as well to transport troops, tanks and self-propelled artillery into western Asia and Europe as it does containers of crappy products and would ensure a secure logistical supply chain to support an invasion.

They have built artificial military-base islands in the most important trade route in the world and filled them with anti-ship and anti-aircraft missile systems and runways capable of handling long range heavy bombers.

They are the world's 2nd biggest economic and military power and they have been assiduously undermining and breaking down long standing diplomatic ties amongst other nations.

They use "Debt Trap Diplomacy" to forcibly bind undeveloped nations to them.

They spend more than any other nation except the US on military build up, US$175.4 billion last year alone and it is still increasing.

They have had their military oceanographic ships mapping the routes around the world that are used for submarine transits of US and their allies' submarines. https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/spy-vs-spy-as-china-eyes-us-oz-sea-defense-moves/https://www.news.com.au/technology/...n/news-story/376f78a56420f4f144678b7c7406c0e6

They are a communist authoritarian dictatorship with 1.6 billion people, where the individual means nothing and is totally subordinated to the aims of the state and they have no qualms about "spending" a million individuals to achieve a strategic or tactical aim, as an example, the human wave attacks China sent at the UN troops during the Korean war.

For decades their industrial espionage and economic tactics have made them a preeminent market for resources and manufacturer of virtually everything. Their predatory underpricing has driven manufacturing out of other countries into China.
Australia isn't the only country that has been foolish enough to tie their economic well being to China.

Now if they developed a zoonotic virus, like covid 19, and spread it around to their targets it would soon be obvious where it came from and they would be nuked into the stone age.

So, they release it in China first so it looks natural. After all, so many new pathogens originate there because of their unsanitary crowding together in "wet markets" of wild animals that have never had contact in nature.

They keep it under wraps for months while they let millions of infected citizens out to spread it around the world and come down real hard on doctors like Li Wenliang who speak out about it. They report that this healthy 36yo subsequently died of the virus, but did he or was he put down for letting the cat out of the bag?

The virus was in Wuhan in November 2019 but they assiduously covered it up for months.

They initially refused to share information or samples of the virus with other nations.

Every country affected has traced the introduction directly or indirectly back to travellers from China.

They then use their totalitarian system to aggressively shut it down at home and sit back and watch while the economies of their enemies collapse into chaos. Australian economists predict that it will take generations to recover from from the debt created by the stimulus strategies needed here just to keep the economy from crashing.

They had it first and due to their authoritarian clamp down will most likely be the first to recover medically and economically.

The USS Theodore Roosevelt is perhaps the first military casualty, what happens to the balance of power if she becomes non operational because of the covid 19 already wreaking havoc on board? If this continues she won't be the last.

When we are at our lowest, they can strike.

Here are just 3 quotes from Sun Tzu's Art Of War:

"All warfare is based on deception."

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

"If you wait long enough by the river, the bodies of your enemies will float by."

For the first time in history they are now allies of their neighbours and traditional enemies in Russia, they held massive war games last year with their new mate Putin, who has coincidentally just moved to extend his presidency indefinitely, coincidence?
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/mil...ia-war-games-beijings-ties-washington-unravel

Look at the damage the oil price war, started by Putin, has done to the US economy and US oil companies in particular, just in time with the virus, another coincidence?

Australia's Border Force has seized shoddy, unsafe for use medical PPE sent from...............China.

They have also stopped shipments of genuine PPE from being sent illegally from Australia to..............China.

The Australian government has had to put restrictions on foreign investment because of predatory behaviour toward suffering businesses by investors from............China.

A lot of "coincidences".

I will admit that I have never liked China or Russia and that sentiment no doubt has some influence on my opinion, but those dots just keep lining up and I don't care for the picture.

Now, more than any other time, we all need to put our internecine, partisan bickering on the back burner and recognise the real threat, where it's actually coming from and who will be the most affected by it.

I really, really hope I am just getting paranoid and letting my imagination make connections where there are none.
I hope I'm just seeing boogymen in the shadows.

Whether I am or not, good luck to all of you in what's coming.
I agree with what you said. I will also add that the left is in bed with China. They idolize them. Its sick. ;) The Republican leaders arent much better

Reactions: smoooth1

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
Table 1: Estimated Influenza Disease Burden, by Season — United States, 2010-11 through 2018-19 Influenza Seasons

SeasonEstimate95% U IEstimate95% U IEstimate95% U IEstimate95% U I
Symptomatic IllnessesMedical VisitsHospitalizationsDeaths
2010-201121,000,000(20,000,000 – 25,000,000)10,000,000(9,300,000 – 12,000,000)290,000(270,000 – 350,000)37,000(32,000 – 51,000)
2011-20129,300,000(8,700,000 – 12,000,000)4,300,000(4,000,000 – 5,600,000)140,000(130,000 – 190,000)12,000(11,000 – 23,000)
2012-201334,000,000(32,000,000 – 38,000,000)16,000,000(15,000,000 – 18,000,000)570,000(530,000 – 680,000)43,000(37,000 – 57,000)
2013-201430,000,000(28,000,000 – 33,000,000)13,000,000(12,000,000 – 15,000,000)350,000(320,000 – 390,000)38,000(33,000 – 50,000)
2014-201530,000,000(29,000,000 – 33,000,000)14,000,000(13,000,000 – 16,000,000)590,000(540,000 – 680,000)51,000(44,000 – 64,000)
2015-201624,000,000(20,000,000 – 33,000,000)11,000,000(9,000,000 – 15,000,000)280,000(220,000 – 480,000)23,000(17,000 – 35,000)
2016-201729,000,000(25,000,000 – 45,000,000)14,000,000(11,000,000 – 23,000,000)500,000(380,000 – 860,000)38,000(29,000 – 61,000)
Preliminary estimates*Estimate95% UIEstimate95% UIEstimate95% UIEstimate95% UI
2017-2018*45,000,000(39,000,000 – 58,000,000)21,000,000(18,000,000 – 27,000,000)810,000(620,000 – 1,400,000)61,000(46,000 – 95,000)
2018-2019*35,520,883(31,323,881 – 44,995,691)16,520,350(14,322,767 – 21,203,231)490,561(387,283 – 766,472)34,157(26,339 – 52,664)
* Estimates from the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons are preliminary and may change as data are finalized.

From the CDC

Gaznazdiak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
Australia
I agree with what you said. I will also add that the left is in bed with China. They idolize them. Its sick. ;) The Republican leaders arent much better
It's the same all over, mate.
Both our Left and Right here have taken the cavity search position toward China, the treasonous bastards.

Labor politicians have taken under the table cash donations and all manner of "freebies" in the hundreds of thousands from China.
One Labor state Premier, the equivalent of your Governors, has actually signed his state up for the "Belt and Road".
The LNP Coalition have gone one better, they sold a 99 year lease of the strategic Darwin port to the Chinese.

One of the biggest disadvantages of our respective systems is that, unlike dictatorships like China and Russia, our politicians are tied to a 3 or 4 year electoral cycle, so getting them to think beyond the next election is like bailing out a sinking boat with a net.

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah

But WTF is up with this?

Oh you guys, Buckle in and come with me for a little countryside drive...

1. Who in their right mind believes the mainstream media this literally? They are selling sensationalism, and have for years. Where did my salt lick go? I need to lick it some more after watching both sides of the reporting there.

2 . How scientific or literal do you think any of those were when doing their "reporting?" When they opened up the testing tents there were lines, ie-Black Friday at 4 am vs Black Friday at 10 pm.

3. Hospitals are hemorrhaging money now BECAUSE THEY ARE EMPTY as a result of preparing for the unknown case load that hopefully will not come to them as a result of the precautions being taken at the advice of the CDC/white house/whoever else comes up with terms like "social distancing". They are doing what Italy most likely wished they would have done. All non emergent surgeries/tests/procedures have been rescheduled and postponed to TRY KEEPING THE HOSPITALS FREE OF COVID 19/practice and promote successful social distancing, and also to ensure if the service area any hospital develops a large outbreak of the virus there will be adequate beds available for the infected patients.

Where I am working now there are two places where COVID patients are being taken for care, one is obviously ICU(for the ventilated and more critical or complicated patients) and the other is an entire floor that was reassigned from an elective procedures recovery unit to COVID only(separating patients who do and who do not have it so as not to allow spread of the virus throughout the hospital). It is temporarily dedicated during this crisis (yes I said crisis, That is what it is) for anyone who tests positive or is symptomatic and awaiting results of said testing but is doing well enough to tolerate standard nursing care.

The reason hospitals are empty is because you are not seeing people go there for at least 3 reasons-
A. People are seeing the sensationalized news footage and thinking if they so much as look up the number to the hospital in the phone book they will get coronavirus, so they sure as heck won't go to the ER unless they think they are dying! (Which is ironically what an ER is supposed to be for anyways. Basically patients are now treating the hospital the way it normally should be treated.
B. Medium and large hospitals are always busy with non emergent care of people, ie orthopedic surgeries, gallbladder surgeries that truly could wait, plastic surgeries, etc... Now they are not for the same reasons I spoke to above.
C. Healthcare is becoming much more digitized and many hospitals are pushing for virtual visits to promote social distancing. You can get on your phone, tablet, computer and basically skype or face time with a doctor and they will try and help you that way first. If they cannot, (often they can) they will advise you to go to the hospital, doctors office, or give a referral or whatever. Virtual appointments = less people going to the hospital=less risk of infecting staff and patient in the hospital like has happened in many nursing homes throughout the country (100% infection rate of residents).

You would be amazed at how often people use the ER as their own personal family physician. That is being cracked down on and people are encouraged to do the virtual thing and people are doing it because it is often cheaper. Usually people are abusing the ER for non emergent things because they don't have money(which doesn't make sense but these often are not the smartest people) or lack of insurance. In many hospitals if you show up in an ER the doctor IS REQUIRED to see you and prove that you are not dying and then sends you away OR admits you. All this regardless of insurance or ability to pay.

Some facilities are "overwhelmed" with these patients not because they are thronging to the doors like the climax of the walking dead, but because they have X amount of patients needing this specialized care and Y amount of resources to dedicate to them at their disposal. Like if you have a burrito truck and there are 10 people in line but you only can sell 6 burritos (which would be a sad commentary on our troubled times.)

The media sucks and they always spin things to make people want to wait around and watch their entire broadcast. This lady is a fool and is doing a disservice to everyone who is sacrificing their regular paychecks for the greater good based on SCIENTIFIC recommendations by large groups based on real numbers tallied over as long a period as possible for as much statistical accuracy as can be achieved. She and the news agency are both only showing a single snapshot in time of both the high, and the low. Also her douche nugget followers are A-holes going up and harassing people in the hospitals when they are just trying to do their jobs. The first guy is the worst with the ambulance guy. Seriously, Who ever qualified this guy to diagnose anyone with COVID 19 in the back of an ambulance. It takes a medical degree and a 4-6 day test to know who does and doesn't have it with multiple other services like xray, CT Scan, routine lab work, etc......Idiots....

What time were all of these shots taken? Obviously the news reporter was at night when every ER is the busiest and probably on a Saturday night, usually the busiest night of the week. The amateur reporters were filmed when? 730 am when everyone is sleeping? Sunday at 10 when people are not likely to go out or when it is raining and people aren't willing to go out? The point of all this is, yes the lame-stream media has overblown this to look like a war zone in the movies(Geez guys, this isn't MASH!!), but it was underblown just as bad by this douche nugget's youtube amateur reporting channel.

By raise of hands how many people think Grey's Anatomy or Scrubs come anywhere near to reality? Anyone...???Anyone...???

The reality is that this "war" is based on probabilities and statistics compared with known inventory and expected shortages in worst case scenario, and taking precautions to prevent worst case scenario in an attempt to achieve best case scenario, while realizing that realistically it will probably fall somewhere in between.

Let's play a little game. I would like to call it Pearl Harbor... (if anyone gets out their history books to critique my play numbers, Ima go Jackie Chan on you) If they had known there were going to be 200 Japanese planes that were wanting to come bomb Hawaii they would have told everyone to go to the safest place possible, engage in the safest behavior possible, and stay there as long as they could due to 'the unknown outcome' and severity of the attack. Also, they would: set up extra tents for patients, had more phlebotomists, lab and radiology technologists, nurses, surgical staff, and doctors to help triage and treat all the wounded on hand, and gotten rid of the patients in the hospitals who could safely be discharged in an attempt to free up beds, services, staff, supplies, and equipment for the possibility that they would hit in any critical or high density places, and, and, and.... Instead they got caught with their pants down and got slaughtered. They lost Pearl Harbor simply because they just weren't ready.

Hospitals are playing Pearl Harbor. They are positioning themselves to be ready if they need to be. Hopefully most wont. Depends on how this plays out. It is new and unknown. If everyone follows the basic recommendations the chances are much lower there will be mass crisis simply because it will help to make it manageable by the different facilities that were shown to be empty. There are all these people to try and poke holes in this thing and they just don't understand it. It is doing more harm than good.
What they ought to do is poke holes in the crappy reporting and sensationalism the media promotes on their 24/7 "news" cycle. Then there would be less people on here who are so distrustful of what they are told by the ones who are actually telling it like it is when it really matters. Salt Lick.

The end. You may now unbuckle your seat belts. Thank you for coming along on the ride.

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
ALSO, I would be really interested to know it that stupid lady who went rummaging through the testing tents for covid put a mask or gloves on before she went in there. I hate to say it but I almost hope she got it from her idiotic stunt....however...many hospitals are building these tents for overflow not for covid holding areas and have not yet used them. Mine did for the ER and I think there have only been a handful of times they have used them so they could keep people out of the hall during peak census days where they are more likely to be exposed. Before this even started it has not been abnormal for some ERs to designate corners and hallways to overflow, when it is slammin jammin busy. People need to be seen. Ever heard of a 7 hour wait in an er waiting room?

Last edited:

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
Here is a newly developed effect covid-19 may start showing in more patients as the infection number goes up.

If you know anyone diagnosed with corona or shows symptoms and they notice altered mental state......pass this article along.

Holy crap Ive seen that. I wondered if it could have been linked because the patient was getting tested for covid 19 also and no one would say what the cause was. It seemed like they didn't know. This explains why. It was relatively early in the game a few weeks ago. Thanks for the link. Ill pass it along to my co workers.

Gaznazdiak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
Australia
Here is a newly developed effect covid-19 may start showing in more patients as the infection number goes up.

If you know anyone diagnosed with corona or shows symptoms and they notice altered mental state......pass this article along.

More "good" news?

Here's even more:

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
More "good" news?

Here's even more:

Uhhhh... so I know of a case that looks like the first one, but is in the spinal cord. Also no idea what caused it. Not the brainstem, but close enough to be a possible cosideration with a new disease characteristic like you both just showed. This is worse than I thought. So it makes sense with the ARDS now because if it hits your brainstem it can screw up your autonomic breathing. I'd bet that is the reason why there are so many on vents that die. Id be interested to see a scan of someone after they made it off of the ventilator.

Last edited:

Raffy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
Southern Utah
This is really interesting because CT scans of lungs have played a big role in helping to diagnose covid 19 but now its looking like MRI is going to probably start helping people decide likelyhood of survival. Guess we will see how it goes.

PO3JDA

Private
Belligerents
Jan 2, 2019
I dont know anyone who has died from the flu.... but my friend recently passed away from covid-19.

MosesTheTank

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2011
GA
@little_scrapper used Common sense and basic logic.
The CDC. Go there and look at how they derive thiers. Then do some simple extrapolation.
How? And by "how", I mean very specifically. Do you have any idea at all how they do what they do? People here and everywhere keep dismissing, or even bashing, a community of geeks that have dedicated their every waking moment to getting a handle on this. Most of them did not just happen willy nilly upon the scene but went to school for some technical expertise and have been doing this work for a long time. While I think this is shitty, and I think the effort put forth to debunk or counter them couldn't be more pathetic, what I can't let go of is the disregard for our fellow man.

Some posters here lambast certain data sources but then use their figures/conclusions/whatever as the basis for blabbering. The irony is lost on them and by blabbering I mean meandering drivel not connected to any data whatsoever. The data is only the beginning. Building models on top of it, as new data rolls in every day, is no joke. Much of the sniveling is nothing more than smug ignorance. I see no demographic, political or otherwise, that has exclusive rights to this. If this lazy emotional reaction did not lead to something dangerous for others I really wouldn't care. But it does.

RyanScott

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 14, 2005
Houston
11,000 Italians dead. That was your clue. New York is next. At its peak at least 2500 people will die every day. Does that sound like the flu to you?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA

Sounds to me like it causes adult PANDAS.

Covid camouflages itself, immune system ramps up and goes crazy looking for covid, your own immune system breaches blood brain barrier, your immune system gets into your lizard brain causing possibly acute anxiety, perhaps obsessive compulsive disorders, tics, rituals etc.

I have familiarity with PANDAS. Something has happened that has made the blood brain barrier weaker than it was - fake food, environment, plastic eating utensils, I dont know.

Maybe the blood brain barrier was never as impermeable as we thought it was.

Shouldnt be totally unexpected.

The inflammation in the lungs and the pulmonary damage is usually the result of your own immune system fighting a war.

If that war lasts long enough it would be expected to get into other systems eventually.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
11,000 Italians dead. That was your clue. New York is next. At its peak at least 2500 people will die every day. Does that sound like the flu to you?

Lets hope we dont see it.

You seem like you will get satisfaction out of proving your point with a big death count.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Wash your hands and wear a mask and wash your hands again.
Doing this will will reduce your risk factor from .014 to .0007.
Only if you are in a high risk group. Like over 65 and several other health risks.
Now those numbers are just mine because none of the panicking will tell you.
Las Vegas would not exist if their odds were that low.

wade2big

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
How? And by "how", I mean very specifically. Do you have any idea at all how they do what they do? People here and everywhere keep dismissing, or even bashing, a community of geeks that have dedicated their every waking moment to getting a handle on this. Most of them did not just happen willy nilly upon the scene but went to school for some technical expertise and have been doing this work for a long time. While I think this is shitty, and I think the effort put forth to debunk or counter them couldn't be more pathetic, what I can't let go of is the disregard for our fellow man.

Some posters here lambast certain data sources but then use their figures/conclusions/whatever as the basis for blabbering. The irony is lost on them and by blabbering I mean meandering drivel not connected to any data whatsoever. The data is only the beginning. Building models on top of it, as new data rolls in every day, is no joke. Much of the sniveling is nothing more than smug ignorance. I see no demographic, political or otherwise, that has exclusive rights to this. If this lazy emotional reaction did not lead to something dangerous for others I really wouldn't care. But it does.
Are you saying you need a PHD to come to the conclusion that there are many thousands more with this virus that are unknown?

The CDC’s statistics are of tested positive cases and known tested positive deaths. Its a simple conclusion to draw that more than likely many times those numbers have the virus right now and are untested and probably wont be tested. If you figure those in with the statistics, all the bad statistics go down and all the more positive ones go up.

Reactions: pmclaine

phlegethon

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
Are you saying you need a PHD to come to the conclusion that there are many thousands more with this virus that are unknown?

The CDC’s statistics are of tested positive cases and known tested positive deaths. Its a simple conclusion to draw that more than likely many times those numbers have the virus right now and are untested and probably wont be tested. If you figure those in with the statistics, all the bad statistics go down and all the more positive ones go up.
No, there aren’t. Here is still more data showing that antibody testing from a town in Colorado found 98% not exposed.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
No, there aren’t. Here is still more data showing that antibody testing from a town in Colorado found 98% not exposed.

Colorado isnt one of the "hot zones".

How many were like Marcus Smart....positive, two weeks in home quarantine, states no ill effects.

Lets get a significant sample from a hard hit area.

EGwhisper

Blaster
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I dont know anyone who has died from the flu.... but my friend recently passed away from covid-19.
I don't know anyone with COVID19, only 4 people in my county of 60,000 have supposedly tested positive for it and are still alive. I have friends, family, etc who recently passed away from car accidents, cancer, heart problems.

338Mark

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2020
I came here for the precision rifle information, but after reading this thread a little while I found myself wondering...."Is there a surgical procedure for removing a cranium stuck so far up a rectum and digestive track as seems to have happened with the 'this is crap' crowd?"

:)

MosesTheTank

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2011
GA
Dude, training does not mean a PhD. I trust you are not shitting on 2-year colleges. How about starting with an ounce of curiosity..?

Amongst my many qualifications is having been raised in a New Orleans gambling den. Sorry, I don't have a PhD. Having said that, here is one way of going about it...

As a starting data source we can begin with what is behind all those pretty Johns Hopkins graphs. It can be found here:

You'll want the time series at state and county levels. To get per capita numbers we can use Census data (API details to follow). How cool is it that CB provides county level data? For this you'll need a key, so send an email to them from this link:

For my data wrangling I like Alteryx. You can get a 14 day free trial. Be sure to get Designer and the R tools. The install takes forever (~1hr) so be patient and don't cancel it. Pour a nice drink and be patient.

Then you'll need the workflows. For both of these I will post up my workflows once you have installed Alteryx. Then we can begin basic modelling.

Edit: We'll need a visualzation tool. Tableau is maybe best (Alteryx spits out hyper files). You can also get a free trial from them. Of course I may be mistaken and you can code like a boss and you're already using something like React.

Last edited: