Turns out Corona Virus threat is all horsecrap.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
This is how I look at it. I (or we) are for the time being allowing the gov’t to place restrictions for a brief time period in an effort to fend off this new virus. (A few months is just a small bleep in time)

However, I (or we) are keeping a watchful eye to make sure it’s only limited to that small scope and time frame. If it turns into something more than a public safety issue, then I (or we) take back the privilege we have temporarily extended the gov’t.

Remember, our Founding Fathers didn’t go kick English ass right out the gate. As early as 1772 committees were formed in an attempt to handle things diplomatically. There was even a last ditch effort in 1775 to extend an olive branch to King George.

So, let’s put the pitchforks back in the barn for a bit.
I might would feel the same if I new it wasn't all bullshit from the start. It is looking like that more every day on many levels. The politics of it all is completely disgusting.

Squat

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
Tampa Florida
Last question boys. Did china lock down a country, state, or city? So then why did we lock down countries when all China did was ONE city......

jakelly

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 31, 2011
Norman, OK
This is how I look at it. I (or we) are for the time being allowing the gov’t to place restrictions for a brief time period in an effort to fend off this new virus. (A few months is just a small bleep in time)

However, I (or we) are keeping a watchful eye to make sure it’s only limited to that small scope and time frame. If it turns into something more than a public safety issue, then I (or we) take back the privilege we have temporarily extended the gov’t.

Remember, our Founding Fathers didn’t go kick English ass right out the gate. As early as 1772 committees were formed in an attempt to handle things diplomatically. There was even a last ditch effort in 1775 to extend an olive branch to King George.

So, let’s put the pitchforks back in the barn for a bit.
How many months is a few?
If total economic shutdown and shelter in place are small scope, what would be large scope?
How will we know when to take back our rights if we can’t assemble?
How many trillions does it take to transition to large scope?
Since people can’t be trusted to assess risk, who will determine for us what is a public safety issue?
What will be the parameters for determination?
What appellate process should we use if we disagree?

Just a few questions that come to mind.

Reactions: Snuby642

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
If total economic shutdown and shelter in place are small scope, what would be large scope?
Since people can’t be trusted to assess risk, who will determine for us what is a public safety issue?

These are all questions that had to be answered in the late 1700’s. And do not have a specific answer as of yet.

Also, if it gets to that point, people will congregate just like they did then and figure it out.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
I (we) ?

Really?

Some people know once a freedom is surrendered it is hell to get back and in case of a liberal majority come election time you (y'all) will probably just sit and sniffle about it.

I (us) are not part of you (we) and can speak for ourselves.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas

Also, the first step is to get lawsuits to the SCOTUS.

Solve things using the legal system set up by the Constitution.

Why haven’t you sued your local government yet? It’s your right use it.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I (we) ?

Really?

Some people know once a freedom is surrendered it is hell to get back and in case of a liberal majority come election time you (y'all) will probably just sit and sniffle about it.

I (us) are not part of you (we) and can speak for ourselves.
I bet you haven’t done anything about it except complain online. So, you are definitely “we” until you do something different.

Your statement is the same as “not my president.”

mwc63

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 10, 2017
Quick/Dirty/Fuzzy math
350,000,000=US population
1%=3,500,000
4% rate of mortality= 14,000,000 +/-
We may have been had?

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Your not very perceptive are you.
You have not read much on the forums iether.

Not many here will " uphold the Constitution and protect the office of the President " more than I will.

But some people need to get the order right. It's Constitution first.

Remember that if nothing else.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Quick/Dirty/Fuzzy math
1%=3,500,000
We may have been had?
For the millionth time, that 1% turns to a lot more % if you let the infection rate run wild.

Reactions: phlegethon

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Your not very perceptive are you.
You have not read much on the forums iether.

Not many here will " uphold the Constitution and protect the office of the President " more than I will.

But some people need to get the order right. It's Constitution first.

Remember that if nothing else.
So, what actions have you taken except complaining?

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
At the moment taking care of critical infrastructure employees needs, following potus recommendations pretty strictly and keeping vigil over disgusting librals.

Today I also prepped new ladder tests and tweeking gear, ppe, test sled for the specific task.

How about you? A slacker?

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu

jakelly

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 31, 2011
Norman, OK
These are all questions that had to be answered in the late 1700’s. And do not have a specific answer as of yet.

Also, if it gets to that point, people will congregate just like they did then and figure it out.
I wish those guys supplemented the constitution with some tangible boundaries that the government couldn’t ever cross. That way we could readily identify tyrannical overreach in real time.
Also, the first step is to get lawsuits to the SCOTUS.

Solve things using the legal system set up by the Constitution.

Why haven’t you sued your local government yet? It’s your right use it.

Yeah, that solution is working well for these folks. As if we as individuals can finance that. Then I guess if we win, the government can slap it’s own wrist, and pay us in our money. Oh wait, our money is already gone, I guess they could mortgage our kids’ future earnings to pay us today and then press on like nothing happened. Oh wait, they just did that.

Then why would I file suit in the first place, if the potential gain has already been gotten? To raise awareness? If the folks here don’t care, I can guarantee the folks elsewhere won’t. And if a government proves tyrannical, why would I appeal to it to fix itself? Almost seems, as I ponder this relationship, that buying more ammo isn’t horrible advice.

jakelly

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 31, 2011
Norman, OK
@Dthomas3523 I understand, though, your point. I’m not without comprehension. I’m just trying to demonstrate the danger of the precedent. And that, once the documents of authority have none, the system is entirely invalidated and every channel must be redefined. This is why “you shall not move the ancient boundary” is so paramount. And also why humanism never fails to leave it’s participants empty and destroyed.

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
A few things I ( us) the Constitutional conservatives are doing to help the effort.

Working jobs that put family members at risk and supporting the ones that do and exposing ourselves to secondary contact that most sorry libtards would never do.

Making our own masks since the medical field has taken all of them.

Arming people with our own weapons and ammo.

But the deal is we vet all these people and no libtards get anything not even supper we make to share for hard workers.

Squandered supplies are also out of reach for democrats, don't care of thier position of employment.

Gets real when you step out from your protected place quickly around here.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Here is quote from federal appeals court in Texas. It’s concerning abortions, but it’s laying very distinct ground work for rights being temporarily suspended.

Whether you like abortion or not, on paper it’s a protected constitutional right. Here is what the federal appeals court said:

“The bottom line is this: when faced with a society-threatening epidemic, a state may implement emergency measures that curtail constitutional rights so long as the measures have at least some 'real or substantial relation' to the public health crisis and are not 'beyond all question, a plain, palpable invasion of rights secured by the fundamental law”

Why does this matter to any of us? Well, this will likely go to SCOTUS. If they affirm it or decline to take it up, it lays the groundwork and case law for shelter in place orders and many other things.

Earnhardt

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2018
Quick/Dirty/Fuzzy math
1%=3,500,000
We may have been had?
4% mortality out of 3,500,000 infected is 140,000 deaths..
Not 14,000,000 deaths

• Haha
Reactions: OldSalty

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
Here is quote from federal appeals court in Texas. It’s concerning abortions, but it’s laying very distinct ground work for rights being temporarily suspended.

Whether you like abortion or not, on paper it’s a protected constitutional right. Here is what the federal appeals court said:

“The bottom line is this: when faced with a society-threatening epidemic, a state may implement emergency measures that curtail constitutional rights so long as the measures have at least some 'real or substantial relation' to the public health crisis and are not 'beyond all question, a plain, palpable invasion of rights secured by the fundamental law”

Why does this matter to any of us? Well, this will likely go to SCOTUS. If they affirm it or decline to take it up, it lays the groundwork and case law for shelter in place orders and many other things.
What set that precedent and why weren't there riots in the street ?

Dippy

nope
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019

The courts have molested their power over the years as they are all political hacks.

Look at abortion for example: how can something be constitutional if it violates someone’s constitutional rights? How is killing an American and denying this American something as simple like the 1st A, constitutional?

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
What set that precedent and why weren't there riots in the street ?
Planned parenthood sued state of Texas for shutting down all abortions except lifesaving.

Federal Judge gave an injunction and said they had to allow abortions of all kinds because it’s still a constitutionally protected right.

Appeals court overruled that judge with that opinion.

The reason conservatives don’t care is because they don’t agree with abortion. What people don’t realize is this doesn’t just apply to abortions.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
The courts have molested their power over the years as they are all political hacks.

Look at abortion for example: how can something be constitutional if it violates someone’s constitutional rights? How is killing an American and denying this American something as simple like the 1st A, constitutional?
By classifying it as schmegma and not human.

Similar to how they classify some as deplorable.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas

Not getting into that endless debate.

I’m simply saying that ruling is affirming States’ authority to suspend constitutional rights in specific situations.

MTN

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Out Fish'n
Planned parenthood sued state of Texas for shutting down all abortions except lifesaving.

Federal Judge gave an injunction and said they had to allow abortions of all kinds because it’s still a constitutionally protected right.

The reason conservatives don’t care is because they don’t agree with abortion. What people don’t realize is this doesn’t just apply to abortions.

No the original precedent where it was ruled that public health and safety overrides constitutional rights. Or was this it?

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Conservatives and Republicans in general would overturn abortion rights, I am one of them.

About one more appointment by DJT will solve that, cant wait.

I'm also an ardent Abbott supporter.

That is one piece of the Constitution I want fixed.

My wife and I provide for others and have had to shelter from my own grandsons over it. It comes at a great personal sacrifice to us do to a tight family structure.

My wife and I are at elevated risk, both my grandsons are as well. We had a vidio playtime with them and thier playmate we watch so her mom can work making sure the damn grocery store is open.

Last thing I want is advice from a medical expert on what makes the world go around.

Nothing personal, none of them.

Reactions: Dippy

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
No the original precedent where it was ruled that public health and safety overrides constitutional rights. Or was this it?
Jacobson v Massachusetts (1905)

SCOTUS ruled it’s legal for gov’t to force someone to be vaccinated since it’s was a public safety.

I’ll look for more. But that one basically stated the view that the freedom of the individual must sometimes be subordinated to the common welfare and is subject to state’s authority.

Reactions: MTN

Gaznazdiak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
Australia
Right now, distancing, barrier, and decontamination is working fine in my home, my community, my county, my state, and my region. Numbers and conditions currently support it.
Ditto for Australia.
Current drop in infection rate shows that a little self discipline and concern for others is driving new infections downward.

We do have those who stamp their feet like toddlers and refuse to cooperate for the overall good but thankfully they are a tiny minority.

There have been some loons here too who insist that the lockdown is some gov plot to drive people into unemployment and destroy businesses, but none of them can explain just exactly to what end.

Every government that has instituted these measures has had to be dragged unwillingly into it by the cold reality of what happens if they don't.

One state government ignored the urging of medical professionals and allowed over 2,500 passengers off a cruise ship where there were suspected cases.
That decision directly caused over half the cases here and the government responsible is now instigating a homicide investigation into the cruise company to try to deflect blame.

Isolation works, it did for the bubonic plague in the middle ages and it works now.

Dippy

nope
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019
Still waiting for for someone to tell me how it’s lawful that man can suspend another mans rights, that is something that comes from Above, not from another man.

Gaznazdiak

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2019
Australia

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019

No, the reason conservatives dont care about abortion is because the rich conservatives dont give 2 shits about some poor having an abortion. They talk a good ass game though.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
No, the reason conservatives dont care about abortion is because the rich conservatives dont give 2 shits about some poor having an abortion. They talk a good ass game though.
I meant as far as why there aren’t riots over the ruling.

People don’t realize the case law doesn’t just apply to abortions if it is upheld.

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012
I wonder if @vh20 will let me bring the 375 to his 1200 and 16+....
Answer is “Yes!” We could make that happen if you want. However, I thought you had more than that available at your place? Also, you’re talking 375CT? My little 1630 Yd range isn’t going to get that thing much past a fast idle! Anyway, I’m game for whatever.

Reactions: j-huskey

Dippy

nope
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019
Who is the quote from in 13 Romans, 1-7. Could be Him. Just a thought to share.
Indeed we follow the rules impose upon us by our government out of obedience to God.

But, when the governing authority rules violates Gods law, then man must side on disobedience to man in the name of Obedience to the Most High. Such as the state threatening persecution upon Christians for following what the Almighty commands us to do.

If not we could be like “ oh well God I only got this 666 mark on my forehead because I wasn’t following government rule”

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
This morning they announced 900 layoffs in the medical system in Cookeville TN. Not too far from Nashville. I am guessing there's not enough overflow of COVID from the big city.
My daughter called to say that they are laying off a large number of staff from the hospital she works at in Charleston SC.
She said that they are offering big bucks to go to NYC through the travel nurse company she worked for a few years ago. $10K a week plus stipend for food and housing.

Dippy

nope
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019
Back to the subject at hand.

How come we’re not all dead yet? Wasn’t there supposed to be 7.8 billion people dead by the computer models by now?

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 22, 2014
For the millionth time, that 1% turns to a lot more % if you let the infection rate run wild.
So how is the quarantine helping? My wife and son and another friend who is a doctor is telling me that the hospitals are doing nothing to build extra capacity or resources to improve their ability to handle swells in the number of cases that require hospitalization.

The curve flattening that the quarantine hopes to accomplish does nothing other than put off the inevitable once the quarantine is lifted. It would be one thing if we use the time to release a vaccine or build more hospital capacity but neither of those things are happening. If there is a vaccine, it won't happen in a month or two unless clinical trials are waived. It is BS pure and simple because the reality is there is no plan.

So where does that put us...we quarantine until a vaccine is discovered and tested and then produced??? This talk of a "short term" quarantine is ridiculous as our only way to come out of quarantine into a normal life requires the ability to stop the antigen with a vaccine OR build enough hospital capacity to deal with the number of serious cases which seems to be running at about 25% of the total confirmed cases.

Unless you are hoping that this antigen is seasonal and will die off or mutate into something more harmless, nothing we are doing today other than vaccine development has a prayer of working.

Quarantine the high risk cases and restart the economy with people who are either immune or young enough to fight off the effects.

Reactions: j-huskey

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
So how is the quarantine helping? My wife and son and another friend who is a doctor is telling me that the hospitals are doing nothing to build extra capacity or resources to improve their ability to handle swells in the number of cases that require hospitalization.

The curve flattening that the quarantine hopes to accomplish does nothing other than put off the inevitable once the quarantine is lifted. It would be one thing if we use the time to release a vaccine or build more hospital capacity but neither of those things are happening. If there is a vaccine, it won't happen in a month or two unless clinical trials are waived. It is BS pure and simple because the reality is there is no plan.

So where does that put us...we quarantine until a vaccine is discovered and tested and then produced??? This talk of a "short term" quarantine is ridiculous as our only way to come out of quarantine into a normal life requires the ability to stop the antigen with a vaccine OR build enough hospital capacity to deal with the number of serious cases which seems to be running at about 25% of the total confirmed cases.

Unless you are hoping that this antigen is seasonal and will die off or mutate into something more harmless, nothing we are doing today other than vaccine development has a prayer of working.
Buys time until quick antibody testing is ready. Once that rolls out, we will know who has had it and who hasn’t.

Then make decisions on restrictions from there.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Also buys time to develop more efficient treatments.

Only 15% of people who go into ventilators survive. So, clearly, that treatment doesn’t work.

Less people who have it = less on ventilators = less dead.

Once we come up with an effective treatment that isn’t just hoping for 2 weeks on ventilator, restrictions can ease as well.

Reactions: supercorndogs

want2learn

Private
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2013
Nik H....i can't comment on your particular hospital but i can tell you that our hospitals have stopped all elective surgeries which opened up a huge amount of both hospital beds as well as intensive care beds. They've also acquired many rapid testing devices in addition to recruiting and reformatting a wide variety of respiratory support devices, ventilators etc. Screening and triage centers have been established. Numerous retired physicians, nurses, therapist, support staff have been brought back into the system to augment resources. There's been a tremendous amount of training going on as well as community outreach services. The efforts have been rather notable and impressive. No doubt i'm leaving out a lot of other measures but these are all readily evident.

Reactions: Nik H

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Riiiiiggghhht!
I guess they should take the advice from France. Someone in their health department said that the WHO should do testing on the poor in Africa.
Buys time until quick antibody testing is ready. Once that rolls out, we will know who has had it and who hasn’t.

Two weeks? Two months? And I believe that they said that it's going to be 18 months before that's possible. So that blows your theory.

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Also buys time to develop more efficient treatments.

Only 15% of people who go into ventilators survive. So, clearly, that treatment doesn’t work.

Less people who have it = less on ventilators = less dead.

Once we come up with an effective treatment that isn’t just hoping for 2 weeks on ventilator, restrictions can ease as well.
Antibodies are part of the solution IMO. I however see where this is ripe for abuse.

And a 2nd prong to that would be effective treatments for severe cases. Some show promise, at least according to some first hand accounts by doctors and patients.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Riiiiiggghhht!
I guess they should take the advice from France. Someone in their health department said that the WHO should do testing on the poor in Africa.

Two weeks? Two months? And I believe that they said that it's going to be 18 months before that's possible. So that blows your theory.
18 months for a vaccine. Not antibody testing.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Where?
Nik H....i can't comment on your particular hospital but i can tell you that our hospitals have stopped all elective surgeries which opened up a huge amount of both hospital beds as well as intensive care beds. They've also acquired many rapid testing devices in addition to recruiting and reformatting a wide variety of respiratory support devices, ventilators etc. Screening and triage centers have been established. Numerous retired physicians, nurses, therapist, support staff have been brought back into the system to augment resources. There's been a tremendous amount of training going on as well as community outreach services. The efforts have been rather notable and impressive. No doubt i'm leaving out a lot of other measures but these are all readily evident.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
The reality is very few healthy people are having trouble with this. NYC proves this. Italy’s department if health probes this. Less than 1% of of the fatalities have no pre-existing conditions. Lets get back to business and if you are at risk stay home and let a few deal with the economic hardships and not all. Most people are out and a out and about across the country anyhow. Grocery stores are full. Gas stations are full. Seems like going to work or going fishing in some places is frowned upon.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 22, 2014

Agreed

My question is how long for obvious reasons...

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Didn't fauci say that that's not a priority? That dealing with the onslaught of the virus was the main goal?
Then someone chastised me for calling him a POS.
18 months for a vaccine. Not antibody testing.
Antibody testing will destroy the numbers they are using to sequester the world.
But hey, that's the argument that started this thread. Many millions had it, didn't know it and didn't pass it on. Some had mild symptoms and treated it like the flu even though they tested negative for the flu.
But but but the old and sick argument along with " don't you care that you are killing other people" has won the day for the establishment.

OldSalty

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Part of me thinks that the American people are not quite pissed enough at the chinese...enough to support being pried from the tit anyways...

Part of me wonders how well the chinese are actually doing while the global consumer based economies retract and stop / reduce buying all the worthless shit (me included). They have definitely made "hand over fist" on PPE gear, but that will be short lived IMO.