• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes turret problem with scope

johnnymenudo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2002
I have an older SS 10 X 42 that was purchased from a large online retailer. Unfortunately, neither they nor the manufacturer will warranty the scope given the transition period when Tasco was going belly up. The turret index rings turn and have turned from day one. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? There has to be an adhesive that would work but literaly have no idea of the best way to do this. Here are some pictures so you can get an idea what I mean. Thanks.

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/johnnymenudo/?action=view&current=Picture018.jpg

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/johnnymenudo/?action=view&current=Picture023.jpg

Re: turret problem with scope

Take the knob off and does the index come off too? Does it screw into the tube? Maybe a little epoxy under the index.

send the product to bushnell they will fix it or send you a new one they own the tasco line have taken good care of me everytime i send something to them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take the knob off and does the index come off too? Does it screw into the tube? Maybe a little epoxy under the index. </div></div>

Yes it does come off when the knob is removed. I tried minimal epoxy at the base of index, but I might have to just be more liberal with the epoxy to the back (the larger surface area) of the turret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NWASC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">send the product to bushnell they will fix it or send you a new one they own the tasco line have taken good care of me everytime i send something to them </div></div>

I bought it from SWFA, returned it to them the day I received it. They returned it to me saying they couldn't take returns because Tasco was in bankruptcy (that didn't stop them from selling it to me however). I then sent it to Tasco's warranty people that did nothing except scratch the scope body and charge me for return shipping. I then sent it to Bushnell after they bought the company and they told me they didn't do warranty work on these scopes. SWFA that now owns the SS line says they won't work on it since it is a "tasco" SS. Talk about a cluster****.

Sell it as LNIB...lol....

sorry... had to do it...

I would take the issue up with Bushnell. They are usually very good with the Customer Service.