• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP August & September Events

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,
Here is our next two months of shooting here at TVP.

8-1 Intimidator
8-7 Intimidator
8-8 Intimidator/Short combined
8-14 Intimidator
8-15 Short Course
8-21 Intimidator
8-22 Short Course
8-28 Intimidator/Short combined
8-29 Intimidator

September
9-4 Newbe day short course
9-5 Intimidator
9-11 Intimidator/Short
9-12 Short Course
9-18 Short Course
9-19 Intimidator
9-25 Intimidator
9-26 Short Course

As of now, sometime in August or September we are designing a NEW course consisting of more new targets at greater distances.
It will be a LARGE course and a limited amount of shooters can attend so it will be pre-registration. 30 targets or more is planned for this course. Lots of longrange shots from NEW positions and situations. I will keep you posted and may change up a date for us to shoot it.

Also, ALL matches are now $20.00 across the board for MEMBERS starting this FRIDAY the 30th. $30 for non. Also, $20 PER range visit..if your shooting. Wednesdays and Friday practice at 5:00 p.m. is $20.00 also..NO EXCEPTIONS.
A new sign will be posted so there are no misunderstandings.

Thanks,
Tom
TVP

Re: TVP August & September Events

Shooters,

Also, I am now scheduling dates for personal training on the Intimidator Steel Tactical Course.
Training days are Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Available dates for August
4-5
10-12
17th and 19th
24-26
31st

Cost for training days (per day)
1 shooter $250.00
2 shooters $200.00 each
3 shooters $150.00 each
4-10 shooters $100.00 each

Classes range from 6-10 hours
Info: 740-502-6530 or [email protected]

Tom
TVP

Tom,

Thanks for the schedule: what are the start times?

I was just talking about the two courses being combined for one match yesterday at work. Will the close targets handle the Hulk & Edge? Cant wait for the new rifle,please hurry
grin.gif

Schedule looks good.
Thanks Tom

WOO! Should be good to go next weekend then, I can't wait!

I'm bummed about missing this weekend, glad to know it will only be another week before I can get another fix.
laugh.gif

Start times are 10:00 a.m. with sign up completing at 9:45 a.m.
New .5" AR500 for close targets.

Tom
TVP

I'm a "Newbe", amd would like to sign up for the Sept 4th "Newbe Day". How do I get started, what is the range max cal, and who do I pay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a "Newbe", amd would like to sign up for the Sept 4th "Newbe Day". <span style="font-weight: bold">1) </span>How do I get started, <span style="font-weight: bold">2) </span>what is the range max cal, <span style="font-weight: bold">3) </span>and who do I pay? </div></div>

Hugo:

1) Get in touch with Tom Sarver
2) 338LM
3) See #1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a "Newbe", amd would like to sign up for the Sept 4th "Newbe Day". <span style="font-weight: bold">1) </span>How do I get started, <span style="font-weight: bold">2) </span>what is the range max cal, <span style="font-weight: bold">3) </span>and who do I pay? </div></div>

Hugo:

1) Get in touch with Tom Sarver
2) 338LM
3) See #1 </div></div>

Thanx, Just sent him an e-mail. His PM mail box is full
wink.gif

Ooooooooooh! I like the idea of the combined courses and also cannot wait to see the new longer distances. Going to have to get some laser guided guns for these.

Schedule looks good .... fills in the holes in my match calendar pretty well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8-8 Intimidator/Short combined</div></div>

..hope to make it this Sunday...start time = 10:00 A.M.

Good tune out for the 8/1 match, with the weird wind good shooting everyone.

2cghlvp.jpg

That's just wrong.... and stop looking at my legs

Looks like Im in for this Sat. Cant wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5WSSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...anyone have the Short Course yardages....I searched and searched..no luck...

Thanks! </div></div>

Check your email

..cool..thanks Wayde!

..hard to believe I've been to TVP, I think, 5 or 6 times and shot the Short Course only once...Sunday should be interesting!

I'll be there tomorrow. First time back since the June newbe shoot.

Working Saturday
Will be there for the combo

I'll be there tomorrow with douchebag....er flounder

@6.5wssm: that is correct.

@wgsp: YOWWWWWWW!

Great turn out today. Perfect weather & shooting the combo kicks a$$.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, did anything good happen this weekend? </div></div>

Of course.

I got some good dope for a new rifle.

No records but, fun, fun, fun

..set my personal best today..107 on The Intimidator...Wayde outshot me with TOP HONORS at 110....

..I'm gunnin' for 'ya MAN!!.....
cool.gif

in 2 - 3 weeks....your 260 will be arriving...

yeah BABY...........
laugh.gif

6.5 versus 260....

Video Footage looks EXCELLENT Tom......I will start uploading to Youtube in the next week or so...I burned a DVD for you as well...guys if you haven't been to TVP..you have to make the trip..also....A BIG THANKS for getting my DOPE out to a MILE today...

Mark from N.C., nice meeting you....the two guys also from Knox County, Ohio....Jim with the cool hat and motocross bike, anyone else I left off....and of course my shooting partner...the other half of THE ASIAN INVASION...Ben...
grin.gif

another PERFECT DAY at Thunder Valley <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Paradise</span> Precision...
cool.gif
cool.gif

Some footage from today.
CLICK BOTTOM RIGHT FOR HD VERSIONS as well as FULL screen. 720 P is best but give it time to load all the way by pausing vid and watching load line, for best quality videos. 720 P in HD takes a lil while to load but is worth the wait, quality is much better than standard youtube load quality.

Mark and Tom on stage#3 Intimidator
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/a/u/2/r47N2Hia0k8

Steve and Randy stage #3 short course
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/a/u/0/AcmD90aVmAI

Ben and Nito stage #4 Intimidator
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/1/72qQogFhtmM

Ben and Nito stage # 3 short course
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/4/TOZ-2fkDqC4

Mark and Tom stage #4 Intimidator
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/3/0qAiahZUS3o

Mark and Tom stage #1 Intimidator
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/5/uu_A7mBnFRk

Gary and Jim stage #1 Intimidator
http://www.youtube.com/user/woodspider#p/u/6/uKNW7ZEr7hQ

Thats all my video from the 8th. Remember to click 720 P on options and give it a minute to load up before playing.

What a great day...Combo is the shit...7 positions 28 targets
Congrats to Tom & Mark for the win today. Thanks to my partner Jim for the wind calls, so I could shoot my personal best.
Thanks Tom for letting me pull the trigger on my future rifle at the mile target( which I only missed by inches)
Watching Tom get Nito's rifle dialed in on the mile target was amazing. Just shows how much more I have to learn.
Here's today's crew

oh07wn.jpg

Looks like a phenomenal day! Saturday was a small crowd (6 shooters) and we had a great time. No high scores, but still well worth the time of travel to me. Thanks to Tom for the help with a WAY OFF zero first thing in the morning.

Kudos to Francis, after the day was over he and I went back up to Stage 1 and he took out the mile target with the 6.5-06. 3rd shot!

I think we're both smiling from that one. I'm sorry we missed Sunday, my car was not in the best sorts this weekend and I decided to limp it home during daylight instead of try to get a tow truck at 2am in the middle of nowhere... you guys know how Murphy likes to visit at the worst possible time.

Next time I can make it out there looks like it will be in September, I hope to see Breeze's new 260 in action.

Tom, thank you very much for the opportunity to come out and shoot there, I had a great time. To all, I'm now an official member of the TVP Anonymous (errr... club)
smile.gif

I'm planning on shooting the short course on the 15th, is Rt. 93 still closed between I-70 and TV?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm planning on shooting the short course on the 15th, is Rt. 93 still closed between I-70 and TV? </div></div>

Still closed but go north anyway and take first right(boggs rd?), go untill you hit the 4 way stop and turn left(jackson rd), go noth till it deadends and turn left, go about 200yds and you are back on 93.

All my videos are now added/posted above in my last post see above. Featuring Tom, Mark,Ben,Nito,Gary, Jim, Randy and me Steve.

It was great shooting with you guys and thanks to those who allowed me to film them.
--Steve

Still closed but go north anyway and take first right(boggs rd?), go untill you hit the 4 way stop and turn left(jackson rd), go noth till it deadends and turn left, go about 200yds and you are back on 93.[/quote]

Thanks!

Nito,

Congratulation on the new
personal high score. Good
shooting.

I just watched your video in
HD and it sure looks good on
my laptop.

I've been trying to figure out
which model binoculars you were using
the day we shot together. If you
wouldn't mind could you PM or email
the model number to me? I'd like to
be on the lookout for a used pair.

Take care,
Bill

I'm thinking on coming to give the Intimidator a try. When someone said it's alot like ASC it really caught my attention.
Couple questions though. First-- Is this a team match or can/could I shoot it alone? If it is anything like ASC I won't do great but would still be fun. Second-- Are all the targets 12"x12" on the Intimidator?
Thanks in advance

Couple questions though.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First-- Is this a team match or can/could I shoot it alone?</div></div>

We shoot as a paired team. 1st team member shoots, 2nd team member calls the shot. After the 1st shooter completes their 1st target, the pair switches. 2nd team member shoots, 1st team member calls shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If it is anything like ASC I won't do great but would still be fun.</div></div>

no problem there....you will LEARN and Have FUN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Second-- Are all the targets 12"x12" on the Intimidator?</div></div>

yes.....and the targets are also 12" x 12" on the Short Course.

Sp260:
Try coming on a combined date intimidator and short course together if your coming all the way from md? Lots more targets on combined day! And i've shot asc 4 times and tvp alot . they are alot alike Shooting wise minus the steep angles and prize table at asc. asc prizes are /is second to none well maybe 2nd to rifles only snipershide prize table.
You shoot with a partner but score for yourself only. A slow partner may rush you if he runs the team outta time. Your score is individual by the way.

My plan is to come for what you guys call a combo. You are right if I'm going to make the drive all the way from Missouri might as well do as much shooting as possible. I shot the very first new shooter match at ASC fall 2009 then this past spring. That has to be one of the best shoots around and hope this one will/would be as good. I might be bringing a hunting/benchrest buddy and this would be his first match with a time limit on multiple targets. Have to see how that works out lol.
If for some reason I can't find anyone to come with me, would I still be able to shoot? Also do you get 3 shots on the short course? Just want to make sure I bring plenty of rounds! I'm thinking of coming for the Friday practice as well.

I shot you a pm that was too long for a public post lol